Revamped the grow room.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Mrgreengenes, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Well here are some shots from the grow room. I removed the small vegg box from the wall in the grow room and installed a 36 inch long by 24 inches wide and 32 inches deep. I installed two 125 watt high output daylight fluorescents. I installed a 247 fpm duct exhaust fan....took me today to put it together..
    I now have more room for plants in flower and more room for more plants in vegg, and there all in the same grow room.:suave:
    I just switched to my 600 watt HPS Galaxy digital ballast, and they are now in flower starting tonight.
    enjoy the pictures..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Lookin' Good!

Looks real good MR.GJ!

What do u have flowering now?

GFam

3. Mrgreengenes

I've got Big Bud, Bubblelicious, K2, ICE, and Big bubbleliscious flowering at the moment..:love4:

4. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Vn, how far along are they? I cant wait to see some flowers!

:thumpsup:

GFam

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

You got rid of the closet?!!

I have the same size Op, but not nearly that much room!

Is the veg exhaust going into the sewer, also?

6. Mrgreengenes

Hey Guerilla, I just started the whole grow room on 12/12 cycle for flowering, so I got about 55 days till first harvest.

Mrastro, I had a small vegg box hanging on the wall above where I installed the new vegg box on the floor, Only problem I had was that if I had something on the floor under it and bent down to get something and forgot the cabinet was over my head I would crack my head on it when standing back up straight.. I basically doubled the vegg box size and now that it is on the floor the room is much more user friendly.. :)

Ok the vegg box just exhausts in the grow room, but the exhaust fan for the grow room does go to the sewer. :suave:

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I remember your old set-up. I couldn't see the end of the veg exhaust; thought maybe you rigged some sorta 'T' into the sewer. Guess your way make's more sense!

8. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Love the setup! Can't wait to have enough room for something like that!

9. OneHitterInOz

OneHitterInOz A Fat Sticky Bud

I always like to check out peeps grow rooms to try and get some ideas for mine, I'm gonna be revampin mine also here soon cause of additions. Thanks for sharin.

10. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Lookin good! DSP

11. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

looks good mr gj

i like the changes...this is a good hobby if you like to putter...i use to putter with my grandfather back in 1959-1965 or so...i would go over to his house and he would build bird house out of spare wood...he would go pick the dump and see what goodies he could find...seldom came home mt handed...

your changes came out great...u are always so neat and clean and picked up...never dirt on the floor ...great job...i hesitate to send pics of my grow room ....because of people like you.....lol..but it doesnt bother me enought to clean mine better....lol...

good idea putting cab on floor...mine was like yours on the wall..next closet grow i will put it on the floor..

i enjoy looking at other peoples grow rooms as well...i seldom pass up an opportunity to check one out...you tube has a bunch of em on there....

12. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Nice setup you got going there Mr.g. I'm actually in the process of setting a room up like that except with an HTG digi 1000W with an aircooled hood. Going to have the veg set up almost identical to yours but slightly different in design and with t-5 flos(more than likely unless they don't want to spend the coin). This isn't going to be my room, going to be a good friend of mines room shared between him and his dad.

13. Mrgreengenes

Here is a picture I just took of the plants all settled in to their newly redesigned grow space.

[​IMG]

14. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

oh oh mr gj....

i think i saw some perlite on the floor...oh oh...man..i cant believe that...20 lashes with a wet noodle....oh no...thats not perlite..its a reflection....good deal...mr gj you are nominated for cleanest grow room at gk....anyone second the motion....

all kidding aside..plants look great and room looks great as well...even with the rv sunblockers as reflectives ....it works..so what...good job man...

15. Mrgreengenes

Hey guys, here's the latest update shot, I should know this week which are girls and which are the boys. I'll use the best male to pollinate the best female on a couple of the lower bud sites to get some great seeds.:love4:

[​IMG]

16. anaujiram

anaujiram Veggy Stage

how do you go about pollinating like that?

how do you control it?

17. Mrgreengenes

I Pull the male's from the room before there flowers open and collect the pollen away from the the girls in another room. I then take the female that I want to pollinate into the room that I collected pollen in. I make sure there are no fans in the room I use to pollen at in..

I use a small paint brush to brush on the pollen to the lower buds I want to use for seeds. I then place the plant back into the flowering room and wait for the seeds to develope... :suave:

18. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

hey MrGJ...what size fan do you have exhausting your room? you have a carbon filter going?

19. anaujiram

anaujiram Veggy Stage

how do you collect the pollen?

20. ohighgrow

ohighgrow Smoke Blunts

That pollinating method sounds like it could be very dangerous to the rest of your girls. Don't get me wrong I have never tried anything like this so I am sure it works. Just seems like you have no real control of how much pollen you put where. Couldn't it just be floating in the air and eventually makes its way to other bud sites, if not other plants?