Check out my "Peacock Cichlids"

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Boa, May 8, 2010.

1. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I could sit n stare at them for hours! I love fish so much. N wait till the baby fry are big enough to start swimming out the momma's mouth. Thats right i have a female in a seperate tank that i hope bread with the albino male in the video!!!! She holds the eggs in her mouth till they hatch then the baby fry live in there till i separate them or they get to big, and she had the eggs in her mouth for about three weeks now and when u peek inside her mouth u see all these lil beedy eyes everywere. Im so happy!!! Well heres the video of my main tank.

[​IMG]

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Cool Fish :thumbs-up:

3. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Yeah, cichlids are nice. I've got one in my tank now and had some different ones before.

4. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Thanks guys. Im into breeding and what not. Ill sit at the store for about n hour just to find the "ONE" as my girl would say. Im so impatient to see the lil ones start to swim!!!! IDK call me a dork if u wanna!

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Dork

6. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:thumbs-up:

7. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

That's really cool Boa! :cool-pix: :thumbs-up:

I don't know a thing about fish like that, can't even imagine breeding them! I'll stick to plants- so far so good! lol...

Thanks for sharing the video, very cool! Keep us posted as to when the babies come!

Peace

-LM

8. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

In fact i just let the fry out the breeding net [​IMG][​IMG] . Got a few pics but the vid is way cooler [​IMG] .

I think this is the father [​IMG] and this is the momma holding the babies in her mouth[​IMG] . Check out this cool pic i got of her [​IMG] !

Well hope ya enjoyed the pics. Ill keep you guys posted on who ends up being the baby daddy. There is one other male in there, but my albino male has dominance of the tank. Well lets keep our fingers crossed.

9. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

neat stuff Boa! thanks again man!!!

"Albino Fishie- You ARE the father!" -Maury Povich

hehehe...

Peace

-LM

10. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Well this is the other possible baby daddy [​IMG]

Im hopin not cause he is a "sunburst" cross. And then that means i have some plain ol cross bread cichlids. But if the Albino male is the father and i get some nice albino males i could make a little store credit to pay for food filter media and what not. IDK just another hobby. :affro:

11. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

So this might be a silly question, but how will you know which one's the father??? Fishie DNA test?

Peace

-LM

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I want to share!

Cool fish Boa! :thumbs-up: I was addicted to fish tanks for a while. My best one was a 55 gallon fresh water. It had a Black Sand bottom, some natural driftwood and fake plants, and a sunken pirate ship of course. :thumbs-up:

[​IMG]

I had this Chocolate Albino Pleco

[​IMG]

This big Banded Sevrum. His name was Carlitos. The only fish I've ever named. I swear he had personality. Very cool fish.

[​IMG]

And this Senegal Bicher Eel. Fun fish to watch eat. Like a strange Dinosaur Fish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just thought I would share a few shots of them. I have since then taken the tank down and have given the fish and the tank away. It just got to be too many different animals and projects to keep up with the tank maintenance. I would like to do another tank someday though.

13. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

LOL! No if the babies are from the albino male atleast 1/4-1/2 of the babies should be albino. If there from the Sunburst male wich is half regular Peacock and Sunburst almost all the babies if not all will look regular with no coloration at all. If i got luck n the albino male mated with my female then i can sell the albino babies for $2-$3 a peice while your lucky to get $0.05 for a regular baby if they will even take em.

Very cool tank Ras. Fun to watch. Biggest i had so far was a 90gal salt water. Had a lion fish, huma huma trigger fish, snowflake eel, and honeycomb puffer. Also had about 80lbs of live rock. And when they say live rock thats what it is. Look close at live rock at the pet shop next time and youll see all the little creature that live on it.

Ohh yeah by the way Chris sucks fat monkey!