HashWater

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by CharlesGibson, Dec 27, 2009.

1. CharlesGibson

CharlesGibson Custom User Title

I'm almost done with a Hash making tutorial using some very very sweet images I snapped myself. Heres one for example

[​IMG]

2. CharlesGibson

More photos to come.

3. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I'm anxiously awaiting the new pics. I've been doing my bubble hash for several years and I never seem to be able to get the leaves into the bags before their dry. So,. I make the BH with dry, crumbly leaves which make my hash more green tasting. It's still some very nice light colored hash. I'm going to post some pics right now . . . Check them out . . . post em here if ya want, but I can't figure it out today. . . too medicated. LOL

[​IMG]

I think with your tutorial it will give me the motivation to manicure before the damn plant is cured. LOL

4. CharlesGibson

This tutorial is simple. Using a mixing machine and bubble bags...

[​IMG]

Heres various end products. These arent the end product from the tutorial though. Coming soon. Almost done

5. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Wow, that one chunk is super dark. I was curious to see the darkness of others bubble hash.

I know the finest end result is the "Infamous White Lady", which is literally almost white.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doggin` your hash at all. :) Very nice actually!

I'm looking forward to seeing the entire tuturial. :) :biggrin:

6. sectguitar

sectguitar Guest

PK do you run presidentkusk.net ? looks like a killer site i just checked it out!

7. CharlesGibson

Some hash is the product of all the left overs. I try to aim for that creamy tan color. What size bag are you using? Micron wise? For awhile, I used to use cheesecloth, and it always had that plant taste. Once I went to silk screens and bubble bags, it got much better.

If your hash is almost white, its due to trichromes being harvest too early.

Anytime you apply heat when making hash, it darkens it as well. Not all dark hash is crap. Sometimes you just need to pinch it open to see the tan goodness, while other times, its still just black crap solid

Yes, I run PK. I also own a media production company (name withheld) Though I've been more active with this site than anything, i'm hoping to one day get a reliable team of folks together to help me run things over there. I've also been doing several other medical marijuana sites that take too much attention.

[​IMG]

This is whats in the tutorial. :)

8. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Thats not true! Here' a tutorial that I've been going from for years.

I've probably made 50 or more batches of bubblehash, I always have it onhand, so it's not like I'm rookie, but I can never seem to get my hash as "pure" (white), as I see in the tutorial. (Item #47)

I use "Payload Bags" and have the 4 bag system. I think the final silkscreen is a 25u.

Check out this tutorial . . .

http://www.bubblebag.com/instructions/bubblebag_detailed.php

9. CharlesGibson

Well you know what, when I moved into this place, the owner kept saying the walls were white, and in my opinion theyre cream. :) I've never seen anything closer to white than a soft cream tan color. What you got, looks right once settled.

10. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Yea, it's definitely really nice. But, I know it's not exactly so thats why I'm always anxious to see all the other info I can.

Yea, please don't get me wrong, I'm not putting you or your hash down in any way . . . as a matter of fact, I'd love to smoke some anytime. :biggrin:

Once I press mine together, it turns darker also, so I do know exactly what you mean. ;)

11. CharlesGibson

I'll let you in on a little hash making secret, PM coming...

12. RkyMtnWayHigh69

13. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Ah well fine, we're doing secrets now :icon_confused:

14. RkyMtnWayHigh69

:laugh: Yea I guess we are. :lmao:

I have no clue why PK wants to keep this a secret?!?!?! It's just another persons way of doing their thing. I'm pretty sure we're all here to learn and share . . . I know I am.

PK, I think you should share your method with everyone. It's not like a secret camping spot where you lay out at night with your girlfriend naming stars after each other. Come on man! :icon_flower: :glasses6: :feedback:

15. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

No, you two just keep your little secrets.

RMWH69 and PK sitting in a tree

K I S S I N G!

:icon_confused:

16. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

A couple tips for bubble hash.

1) Mix in a seperate bucket. Pour this bucket over the screened bucket for a good wash.

2) Gentle mixing. Dont overpower the ice water/bud/trim. If you use a drill with a paint mixer attachment like I do, control the speed, turn it down, w/e you need to do so it doesnt look like you are testing a prop on your boat.

3) Don't let it settle. Thats why you mix in a seperate bucket. If you let it settle, additional chlorophyll will leach into the water, making for a more "green" final product.

PK - RKY is right. White hash doesnt mean you harvested early. Something to remember, is that sativa's and sativa hybrids typically have smaller capitulated stalked trichome heads. It's these heads that make it through to the 25u screen. When making bubble hash from indicas and indica dom strains, most of the final product is collected in the 45u bag. Alternatively, when doing sativas and sat dom bubble, most of the final product is collected in the 25u bag. Sativa's don't get as many cloudy and amber trichomes as an indica. (I.E. when a sativa is ripe it usually has clear/cloudy trikes, with few amber).

Looking forward to your tutorial. Should make for a good read, and help out a lot of people who have never made hash.

Turn your trash into Stash!

Cheers

17. CharlesGibson

I know I'm wrong on that one. It was a stab in the dark, cause i've never seen white hash... But when I think white... i'm thinking RGB color code FFFFFF white. lol. White as white gets.

I had a plant I grew for the purpose of making hash, and when it started going south, I harvested early. The end result was a hell of a lot lighter in color than the stuff I had from last harvest. Assumptions... LOL.

I can't just share secrets with everyone. Jesus. (i only did this to watch the crowd) The secret is CO2 EXTRACTION.

18. Useless

CO2 and Liquid Oxy extractions are the best. As our UK friends would say, "it's the dog's bollocks!"

If you like the CO2, try liquid oxy dude. :thumbsup:

UrBigBuddie likes this.
  19. RkyMtnWayHigh69

How does someone get LOX (Liquid Oxygen)? I know it's HIGHLY explosive.

Thanks PK, Skuzzi and Useless for helping me brush up on my bubble hash technique.

@ Useless . . . So, just add the trim/ice and water to a seperate bucket . . . mix it in there then pour it into the bucket with the bags?!?!?!

Should I let it settle after pouring it into the bagged bucket?

Thanks again EVERYONE for all the info. It's always nice to fine tune things. :)

20. Useless

You need a prescription to get the LOX. Unless you got a connect. ;)

Yea, mix in a seperate bucket and pour over the screens into another bucket.

No dont let it settle. Just pour, pick up each bag and let it drain.

Another tip, for the rinse bucket. Cut off the bottom of one 5 gal buxket and insert it into another. This gives a nice air gap under the bags, and allows for a quicker and easier drain of the liquid from the bags. Also provides a better wash imo.

Cheers