Virgin QWISO run...

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Useless, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Well, I am right in the middle of my first attempt at some QWISO HO. Iso is evaping right now.
    I used a shitload of frosty ass trim, it fresh off the plant then frozen immediately until use. Not sure if that effects the outcome but I will let you know. The first run was very clear, no green coloration at all. Looked like perfectly clear water with some coconut milk in it. Second run was not quite as clean as there is some minor discoloration.
    I used probably around 1/4-1/2 lbs of trim (remember it's fresh and wet so wieghs a lot) it took 3.5 16 oz. bottles of iso to cover it up in a bowl. Stirred the frozen trim with frozen iso (found 90% btw, will that help get a cleaner final?) for about 1-2minutes and drained through coffee filter. Basically followed the guide posted by Chief.
    After the iso evaps and a get it all scraped up I will post some pics of the whole run.
    Looking good so far though!

2. Chief Smokingbud

Chief Smokingbud Hash Engineer

That sounds excellant, can't wait.

3. Useless

Well, almost there. Got about 1/4" of iso left to evap. in a 9x9 pyrex dish.

Hey Chief, or any other KICC member who would know, is normal for it to turn red? The oil on the edges of the pyrex dish are turning a reddish/orange/golden color. Did I fuck something up here?

4. Useless

A pic in mid process:

[​IMG]

Here is the red I was talking about. Scraped a little off the side. It's almost all turning this color now...

[​IMG]

5. Useless

Almost there, just bit of drying up left..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a close up. Still don't know why it's red, but fuck it, it's sticky as all hell.

[​IMG]

So what do you guys think for a virgin run?

Will post a pic once it's all dry and I can give you guys a smoke report.

6. Chief Smokingbud

That's right there is Useless......damn you really screwed up....hahahaha....most excellant Useless! The longer it dries the stickier it will get, sometimes like caramel. You done good. That was the trim from the catpiss? mmmmmmm

I bet you could make some kick ass Honey oil out of that ;)

7. Useless

Actually it's from the comatose Chief. Why's it red?

8. Chief Smokingbud

............you mean like cherry oil ??? :) Would you rather have green??.....oh the colors man LOL.

9. Useless

OK, I get it now. Feeling a bit StOOpid not realizing the red color just means you call it Cherry Oil. LOL

I thought a nice fucia color would be best Chief! LOL

10. Chief Smokingbud

You could consider it cherry oil, it is oil regardless. I just call it qwiso. How'd it turn out?

11. Useless

Well, some of it is a bit pasty still. I threw that into a container and am letting it sit with the top off to dry out a bit more. The stuff that was dry and taffey like smokes great. Full melt. Good stone. I will admit the flavor doesn't have that nice "piney" taste, more of a nutty/almond/walnut flavor. Kinda trippy. But hey, got some full melt for Vegas. :cool:

Oh yea, weight was 5.7 grams. OK for the amount of trim I used. Will be smoking it for a while. :D

12. SgtSmokinSensi

SgtSmokinSensi Begun Flowering

Jesus Useless.. you got the Midas touch my friend. I know you dont personally know me and I am not anyone special but anytime I see the name Useless I strap on my seatbelt and get a tissue... :eek:

13. Evil Ways

Evil Ways Germinated

ok, so one question...

how long did it take from grind to smoke?

14. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

15. HazeNHydro420

HazeNHydro420 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Hey Useless, excellent show.

Curious, would you happen to have the step by step method you used copied so you could share with others? I'm also interested in trying this method but can't seem to find any thread that shows how or even explains. Like the method you said you got from chief. If you would be so kind could you either possibly post it here or send it via PM by chance?

Would be very much appreciated if you could do this.

But as I said excellent pics and fantastic outcome. Looks like you have a fine amount of the sticky there. Enjoy it!

PeAcE

16. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

hey haze, long time no see man.

i am in the midst of setting up a sticki for making iso hash since greenthumb420 removed his info.

gimme a cup days and chech back, i'll have a tutorial up. maybe sooner.

17. HazeNHydro420

Sweet

Thanks

PeAcE

18. HazeNHydro420

Gave this method a try today on some trim I'd had in the freezor until I could find a way to put them to use. Got a very nice little bit from it. First time ever trying was a pretty good success if I do say so myself. Seems to take quiet a bit longer then 20 minutes to evaporate but I'd say it took mine about 45 minutes before it was totally gone and the kitchen smelled like alcohol bad LOL. But twas a success and smokes very nice if I do say so myself. Not harsh in the least bit and gets you alot more stoned then just a normal bowl. Mmmm Mmm good.. Itself smells a bit like opium in a way and the smell doesn't linger at all.

I was a little nervous on the first try use I only used 1 oz of trim to test. I tried the "wait it out" at first with the evaporation and after sitting half a day and all night the next morning hardly any was gone so on the stove it went. I thought I might had accidently left it on for a little to long and on the plate it already looked dried and hard but once I started scraping it off it just fell right together and was ooohh so sticky! left the layers sitting out for a little then rolled it into a ball. Waited until a little time to try to smoke a small piece off the edge and that was all it took.

BTW about how long is average for it to dry? I know size depends but on average whats about how long it takes it to dry. Or for better words, how long should you wait before it's at it's highest smoking potential?

PeAcE