What are these?

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by LowRydr, Oct 25, 2006.

1. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

Found them after harvest on the remaining stems.

??? IMG_3171.jpg

2. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

good question....I've never seen anything like that.

at least they're not on your pecker:punk:

3. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

i'm no help

i have no idea what that is. besides weird. thought lady bugs at first, but it's not. do they move??

i have to agree with el campesino though,

:icon_cheers:

4. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

did u make seeds with that harvest? i would throw away all seeds and any that u have left-(of that strain of genetics) who knows.... that could be a new form of disease that could spread by crossing. just a thought.....but i wouldnt wanna be a part of any "hiv" for cannibis plants if it could have been avoided by being on the safe side.....

as i said before- just a thought.

5. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

6. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

they're insects of some sort. i'm not sure if these are the larvae or the actual bugs. i scraped one off and it looked like bug guts on the underside. kinda wet but no discernable legs or mouth. perhaps its something in the larvael stage.

i've since cut the plants down and thrown away the stems, so i can't provide any more info.

7. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Interesting!!!!!

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".....???

INTERESTING!!!!!

UBBuddie.........:confused:

8. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

i would check my buds for them pronto.

9. matthew barrack

matthew barrack Latae Sententiae Excommunication

there scales im sure...they dont do anything..did u have ants on ur plants as well???

late matt

10. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Nice avatar^

did you design that?

11. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

what are scales?

i've been thru 6 plants trimming buds and have found none of these little buggers at all. they seem to only like the stems. they kinda look like a half a seed shell stuck on with an overripe banana goo.

i'm in switzerland, if that helps to narrow down the choices. i have had quite a few pests on my plants this season (white flies, thrips) but these "scales" seem to have appeared late (or maybe i just never noticed them).

12. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

scales are things you step on to see how much you weigh! :roll:

i believe you've been invaded by the swiss banana goo ladybud seed shell disease. :qbluewacko: i hope you threw the rest of that plant far, far away!

i'd get some sticky strips (both yellow and blue) and hang them in your growroom, for sure. :wink:

13. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

I didn't make the connect b4 when I read the thread but Scales could be spot on.

http://muextension.missouri.edu/xplor/agguides/pests/g07274.htm

UrBigBuddie likes this.
  14. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

those aren't calyx's your smoking...they're bugs! :icon_confused:

15. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Is their such a thing?I know a friend who's crop just got turned over by *white spot* which id never even heard of before,and i certainly aint seen nuthin like them things b4.... look like bugs..do they ever move,etc?

16. quagmire

quagmire Guest

hey those are def scale insects. I"ve had em on all different kinds of houseplants and plants in the garden before. they're a sucking insect similar to an aphid. i'd def get rid of the old plants or treat them with some sort of insecticide. (that or you could squish em all!) hope this helps!