My plants are dead.. I think.. please look (pics) 5 weeks old

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by OdepiTy, Mar 25, 2006.

1. OdepiTy

OdepiTy Germinated

So my plants are in the 5th week of growing... They have been under 12/12 for 2 days.. but man, I gotta tell you.. they look really dead.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StashDaCash

StashDaCash Latae Sententiae Excommunication

what and how much nutes are you using ? and what is your set up ?

3. OdepiTy

OdepiTy Germinated

I am not using any nutes. They intimmidate me and I dont know which ones to use.

I am growing in soil under a 430 HPS.

4. Chief Smokingbud

Chief Smokingbud Hash Engineer

I don't know man, that looks like a combo of fert burn and heat stress. The top of that one looks like it was right next to the light. I wouldn't say they are dead, but they aren't doing good either.

5. bigsmoker420

bigsmoker420 Germinated

whats the ph level

6. OdepiTy

OdepiTy Germinated

Its about a foot away from the HPS. I am flushing them right now. And the PH.. im not sure.

7. NJToker

NJToker Guest

Nutes 'intimidate' him. :confused: Do you think he's gonna know PH?

For what it's worth, I agree with the Chief. That was my first impression looking at your pics. You say 'soil' What kind? Potting mix with ferts? Without ferts? Dirt from the backyard?

8. OdepiTy

OdepiTy Germinated

Its general potting soil I picked up at Home Depot. What nutes/frets would you guys use in the early stages of flowering?

9. Jibberish_Man

Jibberish_Man Begun Flowering

When did you first notice them yellowing?

10. jdizzle1337

jdizzle1337 Developed Alternating Nodes

Go Go Go Go Go

Your plants need nitrogen to begin an immediate recovery. YOUR PLANTS ARE NOT DEAD YOU CAN SAVE THEM

Here is my recommendation. First drench, which you already said you were doing. Heavily mist your plants with a "Fish Emulsion Tea", and water your plants with the same fish emulsion tea EVERYDAY, also make sure runoff is completely draining out of soil. MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE FERTILIZER PACKAGE, however fish emulsion is organic and you cant really overfertilize.

Yes fish emulsion doesnt smell the best in the world, but you dont really have the time to order orderless organics off the net, and it is very easy to use.You can find fish emulsion at wal-mart in the lawn and garden section. Also i think you should move your light a little farther away for the time being.

Personally i think you didnt water for a while, and the plants got dried out from being close to the light. To compound the problem the plant is starting to feed on itself to get the necessary nutrients and energy to bloom. Potting mix will NOT support a budding marijuana plant you MUST use fertilizer of some sort. After your plants stabilize begin to add more "P"hosphorous and "K"potassium and STOP foilar feeding the plant.

Godspeed :(

JD

11. OdepiTy

OdepiTy Germinated

Wow. Thanks man for the info. Looks like ill be making a trip to Wal Mart tomorrow.

Is there any other hutes/ferts you would recommend for the stage im in? Where they be at Wal Mart or online is cool with me.

Thannnnnks

12. holdmeclosrtonydanza

holdmeclosrtonydanza A Fat Sticky Bud

Dude... Worm castings.

If you're the type of dude that is constantly worried about overfertilizing and worried about burning your plants, you need to invest in some earthworm castings. Obviously it's too late this time around... But next time supplement your soil heavily with earthworm castings - as much as you want/can.

Castings won't burn your babies and makes fertilizing almost unnecessary. I use earthworm castings in a 1:4/1:3 ratio with Pro-Mix and I fertilize only 2-3 times throughout the plant's entire life cycle, and I've NEVER burned my plants.

If you're intimidated by nutrients, USE ORGANIC. It's better for you, better for the earth, and most of the time, better for your wallet.

I've used Espoma organics, worm castings, composted manure... these things are all good for your plants and won't burn plants if you use it with ANY kind of intelligence.

Although I use worm castings, I still find myself ferting with cheapo chemical ferts in a very diluted form and have gotten great results. If the process of fertilizing intimidates you, you can't go wrong if you use 1/2 of the directed dose and go from there. Don't be a pussy, just don't overdo it.

Espoma Organics - http://www.espoma.com/

Worm Castings - http://www.vermiculture.com/soilbuilder/

Wal-Mart probably has composted manure already.

Also, you can make a "tea" out of any of these products, and fertilize as often as you'd like. Won't harm your plants.

also:

check out these symptoms/solutions from Espoma:

http://www.espoma.com/content.aspx?type=pfb&section=1

13. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

I heard the theme from psycho looking at those pictures.

Your plant is suffering, and you are correct in thinking they are near death. You need to stop trying to buy products at Home Depot and Walmart.

Your topic implies that there are multiple plants that look this way.

Are we seeing one plant or multiple plants?

Do they all look this way?

Your light may be causing heat stress if you are not ventilating properly.

What are you doing for ventilation?

What are the temperatures in your grow area?

You asked about flowering nutrients.

What photo schedule are your plants on?

Do you know how to bring MJ plants into flower?

Have you read through our FAQ and done research online about the cultivation of Cannabis?

14. Chief Smokingbud

Chief Smokingbud Hash Engineer

OK i read over some of my old info i've collected and i'm almost certain that is a phospherous difficiency which is characterized by yellow around the leaf edges which quickly becomes brittle. That is often confsued with a N diffeciancy except a n diffeciency starts at the bottom.

1134nl-Phosphorous2.jpg

/monthly_2006_03/1134nl-Phosphorous2.jpg.05aca89e272c1c579af29ae06cdb0760.jpg