Aeroponic Cloner- rooting gel?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Hawk, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Hawk

Hawk Germinating

I recently setup my aerocloner for the first time. I dipped the plants in rooting gel before inserting into the neoprene, and then i dumped about 50 mL of rooting gel (clonex) into the res and mixed it in. Ph is adjusted.

My question is, will the 50 mL of clonex rooting hormone gel help or hurt the clones? I heard somebody say to put "150 mL of your favorite rooting solution" into the res but i now realize there is a difference between solution and gel. Should i change the water asap?

2. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

shit it cant hurt that much but im not 100% sure. I always cut clones dip and put into cloner. Change res. every 4-7 days and keep water temps 67-72 deg. Now this is just my oppinion so dont kill me if im to far off. I had great success with my cloner doing just this man.

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

You should just dip the bottom where the cut is in the gel and put them in!!

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

4. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

yes but I still cant find ne were that says this is a problem. Id change ur res. bro and use just plain water, unless u can get to a shop and buy some good nutes.

5. Hawk

Hawk Germinating

thanks for the replies guys. I think ill leave the water for another day (since this is only day 3) and then change the res.

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

In my home made bubble cloner i use a light nute solution of Flora Nova Grow mixed at 1/4 tsp./gal and I use ROOTECH gel on the cuttings themselves and have had fantastic results! Full roots formed in less than 14 days, and I mean full roots. At least 6-10 inch fully developed root systems on my cuttings within 14 days. Usually they are ready to be planted within 10-12 days.

7. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

gell vs dips vs solutions

Gells are made for airoponic and bubble cloners cause they don't rinse of easy.

I would use a gell to reset the cells to make the produce root cells. Then in the cloner I would use a light nute or a cloning solution(like olivias or clonex) to feed the new roots,and or mabe roots excelerator from house and garden :thumbs-up:

8. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

to be truthful i don't use any rooting hormone. i have had to recut clones that have been dipped in the past.

use plain water no gel then after 48 hrs ph water and add 1/2 strength of whatever "micro" or "grow" nutes u use. i have 100% success in 10 days or less. i use the ezcloner. i don't change the res i leave them in there for 3 weeks the roots are a foot long or better. then they are ready to take off! just my thoughts...DSP

9. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I have a few different powders and gels and I have had success using them in the past.

But, now I use nothing at all. Just plain water.

I have a 100% rooting rate within a 7-14 day range. Usually closer to 10 days, but in the winter it takes alittle longer due to the temps.