Anyone use cha-ching?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by SidVicious, Jan 13, 2010.

1. SidVicious

SidVicious Developed Alternating Nodes

Anyone got any first hand with cha-ching? Does this stuff actually do anything, or is it snake oil for noobcakes? Any side by side comparos?

I use other Fox prods and have been happy with them, but I have also been happy with really simple botanicare grow and bloom only.

So, cha-ching: Yay or nay for the monay?

2. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

suppose to add the weight in the last 2 weeks of flower.

3. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

I used it... Burnt the hell out of my plants. Try adding greensand, kelp meal, bone meal, blood meal, epsom salts and dolomite lime to your soil (1BAG FF Ocean Forest, 1BAG Light Warrior) and a small bag of perlite at a ratio of:

1 Bag Ocean Forest

1 Bag Light Warrior

1 (small) Bag Perlite

1 cup Bone Meal

1 cup Blood Meal

1/2 cup-1 cup Greensand (I go heavy on this)

1/2 cup Kelp Meal

2 Tbls Epsom Salts

2 Tbls Dolomite Lime

Just add water and never worry about ferts again. pH IS RIGHT ON...

Gratitude likes this.
  4. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Second on the Burn potential, if you use it, be careful & build slowly.

I also don't use it (or any other FF products) any more.

And not to be contrary blah-blah but I was under the impression that it is to promote trichome production and make it finish well. Cha-Ching is the last one.

Beastie-Bloomz is the one for weight, you use that before Cha-Ching.

Grat

5. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

No problem Grat, didn't have in front of me, I knew it was one of them that did that.

Ya I agree on the burn.

This grow is my first of 5 that have no crispy leaves and I blame it on the nutes.

I use to feed FF nutes full and than half strength every other day. (bad idea) Still crispy and burning, so I changed to (now) once a week half strength and it seems to be working. I'll post pics some day.

6. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

FF solubles

I just bought a small canister of Cha-Ching for the helluvit. I've been interested in giving it a try, so toward the end of my next big flowering period, I'll give it a shot and see if it makes a damn or not.

Right now I have 3 clones flowering right now and I'm gonna feed them a lil Cha-Ching when the time is right.

:potleaf-2:

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I didn't notice any differences in end product that were great enough to contribute to the use of the 3 additives apart from the standard FF nute trio. Really was about the same using cha ching, beastie, and open sesame. Not really worth it and you could get better bloom boosters or just use something like molasses in place of those additives to get just as good and possibly better results.

8. SidVicious

SidVicious Developed Alternating Nodes

Thanks for the tips. And thanks blitz for the soil recipe. I'm already using FFOF with coco mixed 50/50 plus lime, bone, FFTB and FFBB. Sounds like I can skip cha-ching. I've had good results with just water and molasses before. Thanks again all.

9. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

try the greensand if anything else! :thumbs-up:

10. Mr. Gardener

Mr. Gardener Full Flowering

I use FF. Why? Because it's inexpensive. I use the entire line, including cha ching. That way I can follow the schedule. At least that's what my thought was when I bought them all. The problem is, if you feed your plants the amounts the schedule calls for, then often it's too much. You can sometimes get away with full strength if the plants are well established but it's just not worth it. It's so much quicker and easier it seems, for a plant to recover from a nute deficiency than a nute burn.

blah blah, I've burned them too. Now I use them half strength about once a week as well. I'm glad we both came to that conclusion independently.

:potleaf-2: