Boycott Wal-Mart If You Want to Help Save America From Big Brother

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Herb, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Not too many things REALLY piss me off, but what the DHS pulled yesterday is one of them. To play a video of Janet Napolitano asking people to spy (and tattle) on one another takes things over the top IMO. FUCK Big Sis and the Mal-Mart lap dogs who go along with the destruction of our country. I didn't like Wal-Mart before (I will NOT shop there!) and I like it even less now that I see the shit they are willing to go along with in support of those that wish to dominate us. Boycott Wal-Mart and shut these assholes DOWN!

Sorry.....got a bit riled there. :bong-2:

Americans Outraged As Big Sis Launches DHS Invasion Of Society

Boycott Wal-Mart If You Want to Help Save America From Big Brother

2. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

Holy shit brother if I have a big red hot button that makes me explode, it's WalMart.

3. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

You hike, dislike Wal-Mart, AND shop for made in the USA. You sure you aren't my wife's twin? :beerchug:

Good on you GTWT. :ebert: I happen to know that making money stretch is very possible without going to Wal-Mart to do so. I do it every day. It takes a little bit of WORK to do it, but hey.....who likes to work now days? It's easier to be lazy and go to Wally World so you can save a buck at someone else's expense. If people here in the US were forced to work as slaves to supply the Chinese with cheap goods I think the general consensus would be different. Too many have that 'it doesn't effect me so I could care less' attitude and it really peeves me. I guess people have to experience for themselves before they actually care. Sad....really sad.

4. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I really like this guy's outlook. :roll: He's just following the rules after all.

I See Something and I’m Saying Something

5. greenthumbwhitethumb

How about organic, home-grown food (I KNOW you grow your own!) and natural beauty products? If so, yep, she's my long-lost twin!!!

Back to the subject - I've talked to many people about this kind of subject, and even my really intelligent friends give me the same response. Ignorance is bliss. Many know what's going on, they choose to ignore it, because it's easier to not worry about it. "I don't want to get involved" is what they say. "I'm just one person" is another.

Like so many other things, many won't realize the truth of the matter until it's too late - Their self-imposed ignorance will come crashing down at a time where it's gone too far to recover from. Yes, it's really sad.

All we can do, as people who do care, is just keep talking to our friends, not be a nag, and hope that they will one day see as we do.

and :pissing: WM

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

6. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Hell spying and slavery aside, I simply hate Wal-Mart. I don't want to walk 40 miles from the groceries to get dog food, you marketing bastards!

But yes, the DHS is the department to watch when they start doing shit like this.

Its too bad too. Its about this time of year I go stock up on propane tanks, lighter fluid, electric spark lighters, and a couple cheap cell phones. :smoke2:

7. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Don't boycott Wal-Mart, you'll put me out of a job!! Nah Wallyworld blows, they can kiss my ass:anibong:

8. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I don't like the big mega-stores, because they ruin the downtown areas of cities and put the smaller locally run stores out of business, but I still don't get what is wrong about buying Chinese goods.

Sure, they are cheap and sometimes low quality, but whatever, buyer beware and you get what you pay for. So what? Slavery? I'm not buying that for a second, unless someone has some hard evidence to back that accusation up. I bet people are just lining up to work at those so-called "slavery" factories.

As far as the spying thing goes, this isn't entirely unprecedented. I remember some anti-drug campaign in the past that actively encouraged kids to snitch on their parents for drugs and they had billboards up and all that.

The guy in that article keeps saying America is turning into a banana republic and a militarized police state, but to listen to some tell it here, America is a paradise with no faults whatsoever. For example, this bit of simplistic garbage from a thread 6 months ago.

:roffl:

9. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

way ahead of ya

Don't shop there anyway

10. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Seriously? Are you that un-informed about this topic Hank? All ya need to do is a little research and you find the info you're looking for. I'm not gonna babysit ya man...look into it for yourself before you call :bs: To do any less only makes you look foolish.

It's well known that the Chinese peasants (those from the countryside) are being forced off their land by the government to build yet more factories leaving them with no other option than to go look for work in the cities where they are exploited by large corporations. If that's ok with you then by all means...go buy 'Made in China'. Most of it is pure shit IMO and I WOULD buy something made elsewhere if I could find it. That's not so easy to do anymore in this country. You of course do not live in the US so you wouldn't know this...so take me at my word when I say that 'buyer beware' is a thing of history here. We have little to no choice as to where the products we buy are made.....we have to eat Chinese shit and like it...or go without. Not much of a choice IMO. Maybe Japan is different but that's how it is here.

I don't know what to say about that last part of your post since I don't act like that, but I can see your point in trying to generalize ALL Americans as being this type of person. We're not. Some of us still hold the core principles this country was founded upon in high regard without the bravado of a chest thumping buffoon. Most of that which was stated in that quote would get a person arrested in this so called 'free' country of ours. Those are things we SHOULD be able to do in this country (even if it's idiotic) if we wanted to do them, but if truth be told...we are not allowed to do so. Still....I think your point was more to smear it in someone's face and that my friend is no better than they act. Please learn how to discuss things without slinging shit. Some of us aren't children and deserve a little more respect than that.

11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I buy American when I can and other shit when I can't. I hate the people that will tell me "Oh you should have bought American" and all their expensive stuff was either made in China or Japan. My wife used to have a Honda Civic, she gets the vehicle she wants, and this ass was all over her at the time. We were at his house and I just started laughing and he got pissed and started ranting about keeping Americans at work. I told him I wasn't laughing at that, I was laughing at his big screen tv, stereo, microwave, his Honda motorcycle, and other shit I can't remember right now. I told him my wife bought her car used, so she was supporting Americans more than he was. Shit, his tv and sound system cost more than her car. We left.

12. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

I don't go there but, the sad irony is, a lot of people can't afford to shop elsewhere. As far as that PP article goes....it kind of pisses me off. For every fact in it there is misinformation also. But you know where i'm at with that Herb.....

BTW..I found this awhile ago for ya. hahahaha

[​IMG]

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I don't think that exactly qualifies as slavery. In fact, to call what you are talking about there slavery is a biiiiiig stretch. When I was looking about a bit on the intrawebs yesterday, the examples I found were more along the lines of prison work camps where prisoners were being forced to work, but I wouldn't call that slavery either.

You are right about that last part. My intention was exactly that. And you are right again, most everyone here deserves respect, but the person who wrote that quote doesn't, imo. I took very personally some of the things said to me by that asswipe and I'm still bearing a bit of a grudge.

:mashed:

Edit: Maybe this thread isn't the best place to take a swipe at someone who isn't even in this thread, but I was reminded of it because I've been attacked personally several times for criticizing America, while others can criticize the U.S. and no one seems to think anything of it.

14. greenthumbwhitethumb

Is forced serfdom or prison work camps any better? Are classes of citizens any better? Communism? Being forced to work for a penny a day? Really? Do you really think that all the people that are in these work camps are prisoners?

You know, I've had "discussions" with a couple of black people I worked with years ago, who threw that "slavery" shit in my face. I told them the same as I tell you - 4 generations ago, my ancestors escaped from Germany, where they were serfs. Abused, starved, locked up, beaten, some killed, you name it. I'd like to know how they (my family) had it any better than a slave. You think it's done differently now?

You read the news on how many products are recalled for lead and arsenic being 1000 times the tolerable level for, say, a kid to play with? Now how about the person who made it, made tens of thousands of them, working with all that shit??? toxic chemicals, hazardous, sometimes, deadly conditions, pay withheld, and on and on. Do you think all those Chinese people are so stupid they don't realize it's dangerous work when they come home sick?

I don't shop at WM to help out the enslaved Chinese people who make these products - I'm not too much of a worldwide humanitarian. Nope, it's the Evil Empire I want to take down, dollar by dollar. Am I going to be the downfall of WM? Fuck no. How narcissistic is that? Can I, with my friends, and their friends, force a local WM to shut it's doors, with enough "boycotting" maybe, and that would make me feel great.

And for the folks that work there, no, I don't want them to be out of a job, but removing the box store from the community opens up floods of business for others, and more jobs to be made.

You need to look "a bit" more about what's going on in your neighboring country, homeslice.

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

15. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Well, there are differences between slavery and serfdom and forced labor in prison. If you don't know what they are, feel free to look them up. How much worse is one than the other? I wouldn't know, but if you want to go the "wage slave" route, that same critique can and has been applied to the U.S. for a long time.

Product and workplace safety are very serious, but unrelated issues.

"enslaved Chinese people"? Lol. Can the hyperbole and come up with something approaching evidence if you want to say something meaningful. Seems to me it's just a classic case of demonizing the enemy, an economic enemy in this case.

I'm not quite sure what it is you need to do a bit more of, homeskillet, but it might have something to do with questioning the factuality of things you hear even when you agree with them.

:F-A-Q:

16. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

As well spoken as you are, I'd think you'd be a bit more intelligent.

17. LionLoves420

Too bad he is right. People may be displaced off their farming land and forced into a city environment to survive, but they are no more a slave working in a factory in China as they are farming in China. They are the poor, and in every country the poor do what they can to survive, no matter how shitty the job or how low the pay.

18. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

That doesn't mean a person has to support it. That's where I draw the line myself. If others are cool with that then by all means...shop at Wally world.

Pyscho D...here are some articles for you to check out. Seems you are so stuck on Steve Quayle that you willingly overlook the truth. Move forward man...move forward. BTW...Prison Planet and Infowars have nothing to do with Steve Quayle...that would be Alex Jones.

80-square mile kill zone Gulf of Mexico - "It looks like everything's dead"

The Gulf of Mexico is Dying

The Gulf Oil Disaster... And the Deep Cover-up

Hank.....you might want to check out these videos. If they don't put your mind to rest then I don't know what will. In one video the guy talks about making $250 - $300 a month. That's $8 - $10 a day. You willing to work for that? It's practices like this that have cut the average American's throat because big corps know they can go to China and exploit the 'poor' (be they farmers or serfs) in order to pad their bottom lines. All this is $$$ made on the backs of others. That's not something I will support. It's sad to hear that some just don't give a shit about it. Truly sad.

Made In China

China Factories, Brutal Conditions Described

19. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I have to say that the REALLY sad part is that NONE of you even responded to the fact that Napolitano is trying to get Americans to spy on other Americans using Wal-Mart as her spring board. You all would rather talk shit on poor Chinese who obviously deserve the shitty life they live than touch on the subject of Americans spying on Americans. You people sicken me. Go support your local Wal-Mart and be a spy on top of it. After all....not everyone can make a stand. It's easier to be lazy and say you can afford to shop elsewhere than it is to actually get off your asses and do something to stop it. You deserve what's coming...one and all. Have fun in your Fema camps. :fingermad:

ResinRubber likes this.
  20. LionLoves420

Um, Herb, I did mention it. And, I believe Hank did to. They've asked Americans to spy on Americans in the past, during the communist scare years, during the start of the war on drugs, and we locked up Americans during WWII because of their ethnicity. Opium/heroin laws were against the Chinese-Americans, pot-laws were against the Mexican-Americans, and crack laws are against Black-Americans. The federal government and big business do what they can to interfere in our lives and turn us against each other using fear, and they are good at it.

I am simply not surprised anymore.

And, by saying it is not slavery in China does not mean I support Wal-Mart or actually shop there. I was making a clarification which is important to a discussion.