Ever have to live out of an RV/trailer?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by greenthumbwhitethumb, Oct 13, 2010.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

In this economy, hay is becoming as expensive as gas.

Are you planning on operating a collective out of a camper? :icon_scratch:

2. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

growing isn't really an option in my tiny abode. besides, keeping my dog entertained for the few hours a day i see him is enough anyway. plus, i have to keep my shit clean while i'm here, i could be tested whenever.

Dixie - yeah, sailboat is similar. I have a little more headroom though, i think, and i don't slosh around as much! :puke:

Virago - 26' aint too bad - sure beat the 19 footer, huh?

NC - i'm a subcontractor, so i float around about every month or so. i only work 6-7 months out of a year. (i'm only doing it for a year, will be done next summer) i work my tits off, 12 hrs+ a day, 6-7 days a week. lots of OT, lots of per diem. i end up with a good chunk of change at the end of the day. i'm doing it right now so i can get a business completely not related started up next year.

Herb - that shit's pretty sweet looking. i don't think i'd mind at all living this way, if i had a backyard like that. unfortunately, i'm in a gravel lot, a dog toy's throw from neighbors. old cranky ones, at that. and they all seem to have little shithead yapper dogs. ugh.

bud -yeah, i wish i had gotten a slider, but this one's light enough i can tow it with my jeep. any more weight and it might not have made it. there are some crazy mountain hills between here and idaho....i am definitely going to get an add-on screen room though. next time mr. thumb and another pooch will be with, so we'll have a lot more room that way.

i think perhaps the term that would more suit ras and lady ras' wish would be more like wanderlust hippies. living free and open, without care for where and when, and what's going on. gypsies has a bad ring to it lately, with all the things that have been going on.

peace

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Was this question directed at me? We have a business partner and sure why not run a collective out of a camper? Here, where we live, we have delivery services. Besides what does t matter where a collective owner resides?

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I just thought that it might be hard to operate, out of a camper.

Just asking.

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

You'd be surprised how little infrastructure s necessary to operate a collective. My partner s technically the owner anyway. My job s to grow the medicine. he sells the medicine.

6. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I live in a tent.

I'd love to have a camper right now.

peace.

G_B

7. greenthumbwhitethumb

giz, you'd be surprised how cheap you can pick up a camper. i bet i could find one with all the stuff i have, but older, for $500 or so.

ofo - nope, just me and the dog. next time it will include mr. thumb though, we'll see how that goes!!!

GTWT

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Yea screen rooms are a plus our dogs are in it & grand kids play plus we eat crabs in it .-Bud

P.S. & they don't cost that much.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I know a Rastas creed is to live from what mother earth gave you but come on Ras.....this is 2010, step it up a bit....how bout a NEW VW van bro...hmmm..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

They are nice. I know a few guys who use them for removals (bodies) and they are roomy.

Not roomy enough for a traveling grow show, though.

11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Can't say I could do that even if I lived in a 2000 square foot house! :shocked:

Now I live in a 2000 square foot house with the same back yard. :bigok:

No yappy dogs here though...just bitching goats and noisy chickens. :rolleyes:

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Having Money to buy something new would be nice, but we don't ned new. We already have an RV. An eighteen foot 1976 Tioga. We payed 300 dollars for her. She runs but need work on the trany and we gutted her and are gonna rebuild the interior to suit or wants. Wood burning stove new cabinets etc. She should make a fine GYPSY WAGON!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ohh and BTW we're not really hippies, we much prefer dirtbags to hippies. We don't steal but we'll take anything we can get for free. :thumbs-up:

13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Ouch I bet the tranny work wont be cheap but will be nice when its done.

Teamster6

14. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

That about sums up my way of living too. There's NOTHING wrong with getting shit for free if you know how to make it work for you. I do it all the time myself. I'm a master at turning free shit into something golden.

Getting stuff on the cheap is next to being as good as free too. In fact today I picked up a huge roll of weather stripping (the kind they use for RV's) for $10. My boss has all SORTS of things around the store that I'm drooling over...all of it cheap as hell. I already have my eye on some windows (dual pane no less) that I want to incorporate into the new cabin I'm building out back. He can't get rid of them so I'm quite sure I'll get them for a steal. :thumbs-up:

Nope...ain't a damn thing wrong with getting shit for free. It helps stretch budgets IMO and in this day and age....that's a must.

15. greenthumbwhitethumb

i hear that, brotha! it goes the other way too, there's things i don't mind helping out with, or sharing, that's no sweat or cost to me, that's golden to someone else :) (that's really the way it should be, if you ask me...)

GTWT

16. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I lived on a Navy ship for four years. There's space to walk around but personal storage space is reeeaally limited.

17. USMC0321

USMC0321 Veggy Stage

What a PERFECT way to exhaust some funky stank stank while driving across the highways!!!!!!!!!