Is flushing with clearing solutions organic?

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Grizzly, May 29, 2010.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly in grow country

All you soil people out thier have to flush the soil in order to wash any biult up fertilizers out. Right? I have been flushing with 3x water as the volume of medium.(5 gal soil/ flush with 15 gal water) Anyways thats what Jorge Cervantes recomends. That means i am hauling each plant, one at a time to the shower to flush which usually takes about an hour each plant. By then my freaking back is killing me. Not just the lifting but being hunched over my plant for hours on end. I was thinking of using a clearing solution next time to speed things up. Is this a good route for my organic style of growing? Can anyone recomend a certain brand?

2. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Stick to the 14 day flush with regular ph adjusted water. That way is for sure organic.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Man, that's a ton of work. I grow organic and with a two week flush simply use plain H2O until runoff. No need to go the 3x medium when doing a finishing flush in organic.

cheers,

4. dooobster

dooobster A Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah man, no need to do all that work.... Just take away the nutrients and give straight water for the last 2 or 3 weeks... Let the soil dry between waterings like nomal, but water heavily when you do water.

As the plants get closer to finishing you'll see the leaves start changing from green to yellow, with with some pretty fall colors in between. Here's a fine example :bong-2: Lemon Larry OG Kush :potleaf-3:

[​IMG]

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Nice looking plant, is it yours Doobster? I like Larry OG, it's a great OG genetic.

6. dooobster

dooobster A Fat Sticky Bud

No sir ras. That particular gorgeous specimen was grown by a good friend of mine... That guy grows the most beautiful plants. I wish I could say I was as good at growing this shit as him... :not-worthy: lol Someday!

I did get to smoke some of the bud from that baby though... It was amazing!!

I have some Larry beans that I'll pop a few of later, as well as some LarryBerry (Lemon Larry OGK x DJ Shorts Blueberry)... :droooling:

I was just using that pic as an example for how the leaves can change colors with a good flush. :bong-2: