What do you guys think 5 weeks flower

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by hamma, Jul 24, 2009.

1. hamma

hamma Begun Flowering

I got the seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl; super skunk and hindu kush. I am growing in soil and keeping the ph around 6.8. I have a 600 wt HPS and this will be the first grow under it in a hydro hut. Temps around 78. I am following the feeding schedule from the apprentice and have had no problems with nute burn or anykind of lockout.

I have noticed that some of the fan leaves have showed signs of nute burn but this is probaly normal for almost 6 weeks flowering.

Also, the plants according to the seed website flower 7-8 weeks but it seems the hindu kush has alot longer then 3 weeks till harvest. She is the biggest girl and has the smallest bud development vs. the others. The super skunk look really good and the other kush is out growing here as far as bud development.

The pictures were taken this am while my parents were visiting so I couldn't do a better job showing each plant off.

I just wanted to get some OG opinions from some of the growers here.

Seeing my buds look puny to most of the other grows I see here.

:animbong:

2. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Where are the pics?

Well nute burn isn't normal, but if your leaves are just yellowing and your calling it nute burn, then yes that's normal.

Pictures would get you better feedback.

3. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

K, now I see the pics and everything looks good. I can't really tell but if you have yellow or brown spots, your PH could be off. Do you know how to check the PH of your soil too?

4. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

They look fine, just keep letting them do their thing.

5. hamma

hamma Begun Flowering

Yes, the soil ph is 6.8 and the fan leaves look a little stressed. I just flushed each plant with 2x's the containers volume and will see how they go the next couple days. I am not overly concerned since the new growth on the plants looks good.

Thanks for the input as well

6. skunky

Where is the stress, maybe take a pic without the HPS because the plants look fine and healthy.

7. hamma

hamma Begun Flowering

more pics

I did take some more pics with the lights out and what a difference that made. The Kush looks like the leaves are turning plastic green with the tips are folding inward. And the skunk leaves are turning a bit yellow and a few red/browns spots on the edges. Like I said the plants are about 5 weeks flower.

Thanks Skunky and anyone else that left comments

8. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

I think they look great! They will fill out nice! Patience grasshopper... I have learned a valuable lesson about nutes. Some will blast me for this but for me less is more! So many times we see nute burn or ph issues and it's feeding that does it. I'm am not saying not to feed your plants! Everyone can put their claws away for a sec. What I am saying is with THE RIGHT soil and good acidic water you can get away with a little feeding during flowering and avoid a lot of headaches. I am not sure if it is a soil grow you have going or not, but if it is I think that will help you. The Nutrient Companies want to keep you hooked on "Schedules" so they can sell more product. The "trick" is giving your plants just enough to maximize their potential without damaging them and actually causing the opposite effect. Not something that comes without trial and error. Let your plants tell you what they need!

9. skunky

the kush just has a little too much N and the skunk looks fine, looks like it just got a little light(as in bulb) burn in one spot and the yellow is just from stress because the lowers look fine. Doesn't look like nute burn to me. I don't think you really have anything to worry about. Still plenty of green, just feed them about 2 more weeks and flush them 2 weeks. All should be well.