GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Public Board > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Civilly disobedient/Mod

ResinRubber has disabled reputation

The following pics are a clone and the flowered mother of the clone. The mother was NOT fimmed and the clone was.

The plant in the foreground was fimmed three times and has 12 separate budsites.

This is the mum. It was grown as a single cola plant.

I guess it comes down to what you are looking for, but for number of budsites and consistant quality of buds my money is on fimming. Choose for yourself.

cheers,

"...Nobody ever died from marijuana that wasn't shot by a cop" Jack Herer

"When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden." Minnie Aumonier

"In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Dissenting Opinion Raich v Gonzales

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:56 PM
| My GK Garden |

theCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK ImmortaltheCarpenter is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Try that experiment with LST instead of just one main cola, and then see how your yeild is. Nice lookin' plants reguardless RR.

No Smell, No Tell
NO CELL!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
dreamer and misfit
| My GK Garden |

HappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

What does pinching have to do with fimming? "Pinching" is physically squeezing stems and branches during vegging.

Last edited by HappyHappyHighGuy; 04-08-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:13 AM
dreamer and misfit
| My GK Garden |

HappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHappyHappyHighGuy is a Pot Growing GK Immortal
Default ancient Chinese secret...

LST + long veg time = maximum budz

Last edited by HappyHappyHighGuy; 04-08-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Civilly disobedient/Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyHighGuy
What does pinching have to do with fimming? "Pinching" is physically squeezing stems and branches during vegging.
Absolutely nothing HHG.

I brought up FIM because in the original post he said he wanted "bushy buggers", and this is how I get my plants bushy. Of course old arguments surface as soon as different training techniques are discussed.

Sorry if I jacked the thread.

cheers,

"When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden." Minnie Aumonier

"In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Dissenting Opinion Raich v Gonzales

Old 04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Excommunicated

Dixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THC
Default Pinch or mot?

Dayum y'all...Im glad I asked. I never heard of LST byt Im off to read about it.
Thanks, everybody.
the Dixie Hicky
Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Excommunicated

Dixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResinRubber
Absolutely nothing HHG.

I brought up FIM because in the original post he said he wanted "bushy buggers", and this is how I get my plants bushy. Of course old arguments surface as soon as different training techniques are discussed.

Sorry if I jacked the thread.

cheers,
RES, you heard me right--and Id like to hear more of your method!

what I meant by "pinching" is literally pinching OFF the growing tip of a plant, be it MJ or any other plant. The terms, "topping", LST and fimming are new to me and Im off to look them up right now.

It's becoming more and more clear that what holds true for yer petunias or tomatoes aint necessarily true fer yer MJ. If I hadnt had you guys to ask, my inclination would be to pinch a young plant (remove growing tip) a lot when they're young, like I would a Coleus, for instance. Like MJ, the Coleus tends to have but one main stalk, but if you pinch it you can get a mature Coleus a foot wide. I mean, this is such a common practice for flower cultivation it's like second natue to want to PINCH. So, again, Im glad I asked and grateful for your help.

Since some said yes and some said no, LOL, I expect I will do a little Science in the Home experimentation on my strain (White Widow).

Well, off to learn topping, LST and fimming.... Learning all the time. oh, by the way, Im not a "he". It looks like the najority of growers here are men. Why is that, I wonder?

the Dixie Hicky

Last edited by Dixie Hicky; 04-08-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Civilly disobedient/Mod

Sorry about the latent sexism Dixie. You're right lots of growers on the boards are guys. I dunno why that is. Girls like flower gardens and guys like to get stoned maybe? (yes, yes...more sexism).

I kind of got the idea you were talking about "pinching" the growth tip off because of your flower gardening background.

That is exactly what FIMMing is except in FIM you don't nip the entire tip, just a portion of it. The remaining partial tip then has a higher likelyhood of producing multiple new growth tips rather than just two. Which would be the case if the entire growth tip were removed.

Have fun and enjoy the garden,

Old 04-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

WiZaRD smokes from a silver hookaWiZaRD smokes from a silver hookaWiZaRD smokes from a silver hookaWiZaRD smokes from a silver hookaWiZaRD smokes from a silver hookaWiZaRD smokes from a silver hookaWiZaRD smokes from a silver hooka

Pinching works. I've not had a plant split from pinching it, it just broke down the inner parts of the stalk, and when it rebuilt, it rebuilt better. I get fat knots where I pinch. It is working out wonderfully for me this time around, I started pinching a few days before I started flowering until 2 weeks into flowering. I only pinched the main stalk, it slowed it's growth down and let the others catch up, now I have somewhat of a flat canopy of buds instead of some really low, and some really high.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Sweet Guy

EvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

For clarity. Dix is referring to Topping when he says Pinching.

Pinching is something totally separate.

Me i find topping at the 2 node then lsting the resulting two tops equals 6 or more main colas
Of smoking Port Rocky, Soapbar or Gold Seal,
Smoke Rocky in a bong, bucket or hot-knives,
Bake it in a cake for your mam as a surprise,
I smoke Green, and its gone in an instant,
But Soapbar last, cause its fucking consistent!