GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 02-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Begun Flowering

Serenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultant
Default burnt buds

ok so i been workin alot and i wasnt payin attention and i now have 2 buds that got burnt on the tops of the bud from the light being to close, i fixed the issue but the two buds have yellow tops and the hairs ontop are dry and discolored as well as the leaves my question is will these buds continue to grow or becuase the top of the buds are burnt they wont? any advice?

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Full Flowering

slantedsidewaze  gives out some good pointers on growing
Post She should be okay

They call weed for a reason. It can take a lot of abuse and keed on going. I had to learn the hard way to. I got greedy and caused some burn on the cola. So I bent it a bit with low stress training. I just tied a string to the top, where I could pulled the cola down on an angle, be careful you dont want it to snap, and anchored the other end of the string to an angled slit I cut in the brim of the pot. It's easy and you'll get a feel for how far she can bend at a time. OR a simpler way, if you have the option, raise the light. Their top should never be closer than 3' from an exposed light. If your plant is completely burnt on the top than I would cut it in hope that I get stoned. If not leave her alone and let her continue on her way to your lungs. Best Wishes!
- slanted
won't think of stopping till my girls are BIG n' BAD!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THC
Default you'll be just fine

Just move the light up a little bit...a good guide is to hang a 6" sting on the side of the reflector...that is a good guage as to how close you want to be getting them.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 PM
R.I.P

MrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriam

3 ft.?!!!
Or did you mean 3"?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Begun Flowering

Serenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultantSerenity420 travels the world as a 'pot' consultant

ok, well should i clip the top bud off and leave the rest of the branch so the few bud sites below it get the most lite?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THC
Default hahah

I bet my harvest he meant "

Old 02-18-2010, 08:20 PM
R.I.P

MrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriam

Without an actual pic., I would guess: yes. If enough damage is done already, it probably won't get any better. It's only pulling energy to a 'dead' site. Same reason that you want to trim the lower branches, IMO.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:25 PM
R.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggnester
I bet my harvest he meant "
I'm hoping. I figured that it was clerical.
I'm in a wierd mood tonight.
Just Ignore Me
Old 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Excommunicated

Dixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity420
ok so i been workin alot and i wasnt payin attention and i now have 2 buds that got burnt on the tops of the bud from the light being to close, i fixed the issue but the two buds have yellow tops and the hairs ontop are dry and discolored as well as the leaves my question is will these buds continue to grow or becuase the top of the buds are burnt they wont? any advice?
Not to worry. It happens! I just pinch off the burned tip and the rest of the bud is fine. I smoke the burned part, just to not let it go to waste!

Shit happens...the rest of the bud is fine.

Dixie
Old 02-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Excommunicated

Dixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity420
ok, well should i clip the top bud off and leave the rest of the branch so the few bud sites below it get the most lite?
Well, sure. Might as well clip off what's dead. But again...dont worry! This happens a lot( to me, at least_. The way you know the light is too close is whn you see those crunchy, fry-ass bud tips. So...trim off the dead part, raise the light and dont worry. Remember the plant WANTS to survive, and it doesnt KNOW it hasnt even been pollinated. It wants to make a big ass bud because it "thinks" that bud will be full of seeds...perpetuating the species. Along the path of growing...shit happens. Ive got six plants now in their sixth week of flowering. ONE got burned....but the top inch is all that is ruined. The rest of the stalk is one big fat bud, with a little dry crunchy tip. No big. Budding starts at the top and moves down.

Dixie