Getting a place in Cali...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Stash2.0, Feb 17, 2012.

1. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Welcome to SoCal. I was born and raised here and I haven't wanted to leave so bad in my whole life. The weather is nice, but that's about it for me. Wish I was in NoCal or AZ.

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

AZ!?? Really? I have lived and worked there and it sucks ass! Sand storms and HEAT!!!! like a mofo!! There are a couple slightly higher elevation towns in AZ, but they are still arid and hot most of the year. I would do parts of NM over AZ any day, but I figure I'll be in Cali forever. I would however love to get up to Northern Cali or to the Southern Cali Mountains in the future though. More isolation is what I crave.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Flagstaff is wicked nice...same with sedona

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Been there. Hotttt as hell! Nice in the winter for about 3 months out of the year.

5. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I lived in San Diego for 3 years when I was in the Navy. It was alright, but I wouldn't want to live there permanently.

I prefer the Pacific NW. Frisco and up is the way to go, I think. :jj:

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I dig Diego... It's laid back for a Socal City. North San Diego is the place to live though. In the Bay Area is cool, IF you're outside of the actual San Francisco city area. Bodega Bay is especially quaint.

7. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Ras--Flagstaff. Been there many times and loved it. We have some very close friends in the Phoenix area too. I personally love the desert even with the heat.

As for San Diego, I moved there in 88 when I joined the Navy and stayed until 2004 when my job transferred me. If I had a choice I would move back there. I bought my old house with an ocean view on a mountain top for $156K. Sold it three years later for $265K. It went up to $600K and now its back down to what I sold it for and I still can't afford it. San Diego is a great palce to live. I just hate traffic and stuck up snobby people. I'm digging the lazy life here in the pseudo desert.

:coolbounce:

8. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

where is a safe county near the beach for mmj in cali ? im open to suggestions for research... :p

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Depends on how much $$$$ you got. Haven't you hit up Use for leads man?

10. CCrete

I lives in vegas for 4 years ....flagstaff is chilly compared to l.v.

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

All I know remotely close to the beach is Van Nuys. It is not safe though....as far as a few aspects at least. I love Hermosa/Redondo/Manhattan beach because I vacation there yearly and I stop in Van Nuys to hit dispensaries.

12. Stash2.0

i haven't seen him lately..

13. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Lived there too. It sucks ass! :jj: Give me the mountains any day over the desert. Lots of places have natural beauty and are cool to visit, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in most of them full time.

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

North San Diego County around Carlsbad, or south a little to Encinitas or Solana Beach.

Fallbrook is really nice too. It's just a little inland from the coast, like 15 minutes to the beach, but it's essentially coastal hills full of Oak Tree forests and Avocado Farms. REally beautiful and nice ass weather.

15. Stash2.0

Near la or orange county

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Orange County and LA are both directly north of SD. Just a few minutes up the freeway.

17. CCrete

Holy shit Stash....you guna like sell weed to SnoopDogg??

Fuckin-A bro!:jj::roffl:

18. Stash2.0

snoop has already smoked my shit..

19. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Stash. Follow Ras's suggestion. North County San Diego. Cardiff by the sea is really nice too. Most of the northern beach cities are full of wealthy hippies. Stay away from Oceanside. Lots of gangs. Orange County is about 30 minutes north and LA is another hour. Property is probab;y cheap in San Onofre right now. The nuclear reactor failed some safety inspection.

20. RoninAmok

RoninAmok Excommunicated

Amen to that , if I never see the 405 parking lot agin that's fine with me. Though there are things I did like , the Pastrami Stand and the street scene is better than anything except NYC/NJ/Philly , Socal is where HotRodding started.

And it still lives in some dark places on summer nights when the real serious cars and bikes come out to prowl , THAT I do miss about SoCal.