Well now, how about this?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ShadowWarrior, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

2. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I think the world is jumping the gun with assumptions. Once we see what the feds do in CO and WA we'll have a better view of what the wold can expect.

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

What the feds are gonna do is continue to bust anyone trying to make a profit from MJ. If you're just a smoker with a couple plants for personal use, no worries, if you have a med to large setup and are thought to be selling it, MMJ or recreational, you run the risk of being busted. The one good thing about it is that eventually the feds will have to concede once enough states have similar laws, but for now we are still the minority.

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I agree. The feds always follow the money. As soon as money starts changing hands, you run the risk of Fed involvement.

It's never about the drugs, or "public safety". It's about taxes.:glasses6: :$ $$::glasses7:

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Still have to get banking to ease up. State legal or not. The Feds will put a ton of pressure on the banks not to work with the cannabis industry. Place is wide open for some venture capitalist to weasel in.

Washington's price schedule is nuts! You guys check that yet? Final out the door price is proposed to be $12 p/gr. 25% taxation at each level of handling. Production, processing and sale, to be born by each handler. Plus all regular state and fed taxes. The deal is....at that final price with taxes accounted I think the grower, processor and retailer will have $5 p/gr to split while the State gets $7. Don't know to many growers who can cut it on $750 pounds.

6. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

thats exactly what they have planned to keep the growers down. Costs will discourage a lot of growing. Nobody is going to do it for nothing. Fuck em I dont give a shit as long as I can grow my own.
    t6

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Zactly chief. Mine will always be my own. Just means hobbyists and cannaseurs will keep their thing and the commercial will be commercial sized to keep the costs low. A trade off I can easily live with.

Be interesting to see what scale is needed to sufficiently profit with those margins? Mega upfront $$$$.

8. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

That could be a good thing for the mmj industry in those states. The feds are always talking about dispensaries just being fronts for drug dealers. But with commercial sales, there will be no denying it. They will very obviously and openly be in the business to make profits from a (federally) controlled substance. And I predict the commercial side will very quickly become MUCH larger than the medical side ever was. Going to make the mmj industry seem much less threatening to the feds. I think.

9. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

My thinking is the states around Colorado will see the revenue

coming in through taxation and they will, 1 by 1, begin to leaglize and tax.

It will still take years, but I think less then 10 years, and the country will have leaglized marijuana.

The Feds will see the 10s of millions of dollars in taxes collected and will want/need to get in on it.

The greedy fucks in Washington will not let all that money go by without taking a chunk of it.

Peace.....

10. Shadowman

Shadowman Full Flowering

I think it will eventually end up that we'll have MJ stores, just like liquor and tobacco stores are now. I'm interested to see just how far it goes. Maybe MJ bars? I would love to sit down and toke with friends in a public setting. I'm also interested in seeing what will happen to sales in the fast food industry.

11. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Well i for one cant wait to see the commercials on tv in colarado soon:roll:

12. ShadowWarrior

Does anyone think the feds are gonna shit their pants?

Gawd those fucks sure do make my right index finger tingle.:passsit:

I really, really wish I had some finished bud on hand to celebrate this victory though.

13. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

In one of the documentaries I watched, they mentioned that Philip Morris purchased tens of thousands of acres in the emerald triangle. That was a few years ago, but it goes to show you thy big business is already in the mix. I think of it like home brew beer. Any home brew, brewed by someone who's good, is better than mass produced store bought beer.

14. ShadowWarrior

I'll tell you one thing about fast food, ofo... we need a fucking Jack in the Box, an In and Out, an A&W and a Red Robin in Tallahassee goddamn it.

I'm tired of McDonalds and Burger King's bland shit.

What really chaffs my sack, though, is that we get commercials for all of those places but they aren't even within a few hours drive.:wtf?:

15. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

K, then will there be ATF? Like Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms + Marijuana = ATFM?

or is Marijuana considered tobacco in the book?

ShadowWarrior likes this.
  16. Shadowman

Shadowman Full Flowering

Good question. I think we're just going to wait and see where (and) when the Federal Government is going to stand on the issue. Firearms and Alcohol are protected by the Constitution. Myself, I think the Feds have more important things to worry about.