What ever happen to

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HeadCase, Jan 12, 2012.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

What ever happen to Yes Sir or Yes Ma'am, Thank you,Opening a door for a lady, Being on time or getting married. I know I'm old but there is not a day that I don't hold a door open for someone, or say Thank you or Yes Sir I guess it is respect for people. You hear alot about respect how he dis me so I shot him what a crock of shit. Walk around with your pants hanging off your ass & wonder why you can't get a job. Knock up 3 or 4 different girls to show that your a man but never paid a dime to raise them.If you tell somebody your going to do something or be somewhere you do it. What the hell is wrong with kids now days or is it that I'm just too old. Rant over-Bud

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I'm not a "kid" anymore but I do it and always have.

I gotta a lot of ink though and old people would give me odd looks when I was younger and I did it..guess I looked like a punk, shaved head and ink

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Bud you are the victim of being raised in a time when kids were still raised with values.

Kids nowdays dont

PERIOD

T6

4. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

You guys were no angels...

[​IMG]

5. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I bet people have been saying that "Kids these days..." line since the beginning of humankind.

"When I was a kid, we let the old people eat their fill of mastodon brains before anyone else got a bite. Kids these days just rush in with their flint axes and go to town without saying 'please' or 'beg your pardon'."

:deadhorse:

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

See what I mean???????:kidding::321fu:

t6

7. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

haha, you're an old guy, so you get to go on cool rants like that without lookin a fool. Unfortunately your rant is 100% true, there are not many young gentlemen around anymore. I blame all that hippity hoppity music, that the kids are listening to nowadays. Sounds like a joke? well it kind of is, but there's some truth to it too. From my experience, rock and metal listening folks are gentle and respectfull, while the hobby ganstas are rude and disrespectful. Sure not all of them, but its part of the hip hop culture to be on a ego trip, no wonder their listeners think its cool to be douchebags.

8. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Yah, parents were saying the same thing about kids listening to The Beatles in the 60's.

9. The Terminator

The Terminator A Toy Winding Down

You've touched on a pet peeve of mine. I ALWAYS say Please and Thank You and Pardon Me or Excuse Me, etc. You get the idea. I give respect but I also demand respect. On another website, a douche memeber has taken to calling me Paulie. I asked him to stop and call me Paul and that I hadn't been called paulie since I was 5. I also said the Terminator or TT was fine. This scumbag then replied "Hey Paulie, chillout, OK?

I then told him in response that I would no longer respond to any of his posts. Simple.

I'm not certain it's necessarily a generation thing. I know polite younger people and disrespectful older people. I think there's just a major prevelance of indifference and disrespect THESE days. There were rude people my age when I was in my 20s, but I think they stood out more because it wasn't the 'right' way to behave.

10. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Times have changed. Kids are growing up faster I think than they ever did in the last generation.

Hell I think back the first kid I ever saw on acid was in the 9th grade in typeing class.

My brother got me stoned when I was 16 for the first time.

They are rowdy little shits!! We did not have cops on campus when I went to school.

t6

11. Stash2.0

im from a more southern background...i always open doors and say my sirs and maams....i do have a mohawk but thats just to confuse people...

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yeah, but any adult could hit ya back then too so we had to stay out of sight.

Nowadays kids are right in your face 24/7. Hanging in the living room, lounging in the kitchen, cruising the mall..they never fuckin get the gumption to DO anything that requires actual physical interaction or non-electronically enhanced imagination. Can't be a hell raiser sitting around playing COD.

13. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

All I know is, I used to fuck up peoples houses when I was a kid, mainly dumb childish shit ...but I also waited for the dyai had my own place, so I could chase some kids down like me and scare the shit out of em....but alas....no kids do dumb shit like they used to....its these fucking SMARTPHONES....and the stupid EFFING internet, its all about how fast can you be the coolest dude on the block to do or get whatever first......FUCK kids! Fuck the sun, long live the beast!:bduh:

14. The Tron

The Tron ONE MAN GANG

Never thought we would say it - BUT

We agree with Hanky :bravo:

15. Stash2.0

Hank....the truth is like a flash light....good for guiding our way and illuminating the unknown....but dont shine it in my fucking face....:passsit:

I <3 Hank

Hank Chinaski likes this.
  16. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

:thumbs-up: good one, might just have to steal that line

17. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

:affro:

18. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Makes me wanna slap-a-bitch when I hold the door open for her and she doesn't say 'thank you' politely. It's rude.

19. The Tron

The Tron ONE MAN GANG

Shadow You sir have completely missed the point on this one we are sorry to say. Society says to hold the door open to be polite to the lady. OK

We always thank the lady we hold the door for, regardless of what she says, hell - it really is OUR treat because we get to walk in behind them and get a quality look at some nice ASS :thumbsup:.

Dont miss seeing the forrest because there is a tree in front of you. :roffl:

Hank Chinaski likes this.
  20. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Exactly!!!!! And if perchance it be an older lady we get the benefit of appearing gallant to any comely lass that be nearby. Then later when chatting them up in check out or the elevator you're not a lecher, you're the guy that held the door for that old lady. Always be thinkin' ahead meboy.