Darkest Day In 372 Years!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by RkyMtnWayHigh69, Dec 21, 2010.

1. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Total lunar eclipse!

This is the first time since 1638 that we've had a total lunar eclipse on the same day as the Winter Solstice.

It begins at 12:41 MST and last 72 minutes.

Look for the moon to turn a shade of red, which indicates the eclipse.

If anyone has some decent telescope or photo equipment, I'd love to see some pics.

I'll be watching at least some of this historic event.

Wonder what effect it'll have on the daily lives of plants, animals and people alike?!?!?!

See ya later . . . :alien11: :alienwink: :affro: :alien:

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

very interesting indeed Rky... i wish i would be able to see it but will be sound asleep by then lol

3. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I read on another forum that this might be a good time to pop some beans. Any thoughts on this? I popped a few just in case.:anibong:

4. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Im not sure what your getting at but what the hell, Ill give it a shot myself :thumbs-up:

Unfortunately Ill probably be sound asleep as well.....im too lazy right this minute to convert MST to EST to see what the difference is.....who knows I might catch it :passsit:

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

From what I've read, the mid point will be alittle after 3

6. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Something about lunar cycles affecting plants. My father in law has told me that it was a good idea to pop beans during a full moon, and now these folks are saying to start some today.. Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f145/solstice-lunar-eclipse-crack-seeds-28403/

7. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Ouch, Ill definately be missing it unless my son keeps me up all night like last night haha

8. RkyMtnWayHigh69

EST is +2 hours

9. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Right. So it's going to start prior to 3 (here), peak 3ish, and end alittle after.

I just set my alarm, although I'm usually up peeing about that time.

10. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

yeah 3 am will be too late/early for me as well as i get up at 6 am

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Sucks for you guys, think it starts like 9pm here, I posted a thread earlier and best around midnight. I wont miss it! Is this like when the moon gets HUGE looking and red like you said? I may have caught the start of one years ago, or it was mars, or just a reaaaaaaly big harvest moon.

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Or you were reaaaaaly stoned!

...the start of one yrs. ago... :rofl6:

13. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Oh I know I was really stoned.....thats no question! I looked at it a bit, then I went inside and was OUT. It was cool tho, maybe I will see it tonight. I think last time it was just a huge harvest moon.

14. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

cannot wait to see it!

Let me just second what my man said above...if anyone snaps some cool photos PLEASE share!

Enjoy everyone.

15. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

16. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Thanks, but I'm saying 3ish if you want to see something. At 'the beginng' and 'the end', you wouldn't even notice it. You have to be awake around 3 (EST) if you want to actually see something cool.

17. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

It said something like midnight here. mrastro are you talking about east coast?

18. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

yes i think he is. It's gonna be different over there. You'll be up around midnight, I bet.

19. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

East Coast = EST (not specifically)

20. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Just started here and it's cloudy . . . BUMMER! :(