Post your favorite HST quotes

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by MK-Ultra, Jan 14, 2009.

1. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

"I did not ask for this fight. It came to me on a lonely road at the end of a wild night of politics, and it's been a shame and travesty ever since."

2. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

HST = Hunter S. Thompson

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

"Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't swallow it.'" Hunter S Thompson

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

"The person who doesn't scatter the morning dew will not comb gray hairs."

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Ahhh...Hunter...

See Mk? I knew there had to be something that I liked about you! :kidding:

I can't quote HST, unless I did thru my library.

HST is like Steinbeck, to me. I've enjoyed everything he's written. I especially liked Hells Angel's.

Definitely make's the short list of the five I'd like to meet in Heaven!

6. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

My fav was the Rum Diaries

7. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.

8. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Classic.............

9. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I like that one....seems to go along with, well, what we do here.

Good thread!

10. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Off the subject but what ratio of fish to plants do u use in aquaponics?

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

1 goldfish per 20 gallons. Replaced when they get above 5 inches or so. Also random snails. Some plants like a bit more nutes and if they look hungry I feed the fish more as goldfish will just eat and eat, look less hungry sometimes I remove the fish all together and just leave and feed the snails.

12. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Oh and I am thinking about going with something other than goldfish as they just grow too fast. Thinking something that stays around 4 inches, and is hardy. A bristlenose pleco is top of the list. They stay small and eat algae turning it into something positive.

13. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

What about Talapia? I was thinking of doing an aquaponics with piranha! I dont know it just makes the phase thats some killer shit more amusing to me

14. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Tilapia are great for aquaponics and are the most popular, or at least up there. They are actually used for the "top of the line" aquaponics because they make great food fish. So you can raise fish and plants both for consumption for very low overhead.

But for myself Tilapia are too large, I am a closet aquaponics girl at the moment. Eventually I want a whole backyard setup and more, and then I will for sure be using Tilapia and will sell them too....

Piranha would work fine, actually any fish is just fine, nutrient wise. I just prefer fish like goldfish because they require no heat and the colder the water the better. Pleco can handle it ok too. Tilapia can, but nothing as good as good ol goldfish. Piranha need warmer water, around 72-78. Not as good for plants but I imagine a good supply of oxygen and the plants would be fine, that or cooling off the water before it gets to the plants. I had a boyfriend who has piranha, they were very cool at feeding time. Ruthless little killers...

15. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Piranhas have always been around in my family... Weird thing is they would never feed if you were watching but as soon as you turned around for 2 minutes all the goldfish would be torn apart........

16. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

haha mk guy jacked his own thread. nice. i like the hst quotes tho, cool topic.

17. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

my HSTGM quote

" There is not a hard day invented I can not handle"

18. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Is there such a thing as signature based thread jacking?Geheim that sig is huge!

19. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

u think thats huge

wait till the apprentice jacks my avatar, 3rd runway baby

20. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

WTF is that avatar? An airport? My eye's aren't focusing properly.