6 Ways The Police Can Search Your Vehicle

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by blackprince11, Aug 31, 2011.

1. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

I have some information about searches and seizeures in vehicles for police that I want to share with GK..

[​IMG]

There ya go BP...in your own thread no less. Res

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Are you loading it from your computer or from an internet stored location?

3. blackprince11

From my computer's pictures file.

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Its probably to large and wont load downsize it

t6

5. ResinRubber

6. blackprince11

Thanx RR. I HAD to snatch this sheet when I saw it on top of a stack of papers that the police dropped off at the Campus Police Office at my school. We can put it to better use here at GK than if it were to fall into the hands of my schools campus police.:thumbs-up:

I really want everyone to pay attention to the vertical column labeled "consent." It clearly outlines what every leo knows but pretends dosen't exist when they ask for permission to search your vehicle.

7. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Nice piece of info! Thanks BP for sharing that. Question: what are "seizures in vehicles for police."?

8. blackprince11

I was just saying that this document is for police and law enforcement training purposes.

9. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Oh ok..I see what youre saying. I feel like thats a cool piece of inside info.

10. ResinRubber

The last column "Inventory" is a huge gaping hole for LEO to use. If they impound or tow your vehicle the officer will/can request an inventory of items in the car to, ahem, "ensure nothing is missing when you get it back". All it is is a tool to search when no other probable cause is available. Not sure if you can deny it or not.

They won't call it a search and won't tell you it's a search...but it is and anything they find is admissible.

11. blackprince11

The title at the top of the page was cut off by my scanner. The name of this document is "6 Ways to Search a Vehicle".

12. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

That's a good piece of info to know..does this go for all police forces? in the u.s....:jj::jj::new_blackey::passsit:

13. blackprince11

If they cover their asses legally and have not only accepting superiors but an accepting attitude within the local criminal court system then this has the potential to be for every U.S. jurisdiction. It's always SOP to be creative in their methods of obtaining legality to do illegal searches or pick victims stupid enough to not know their rights and exploit their ignorance to violate their 4th ammendment right to be free of unreasonable search and seizure.

14. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

No. Each state has it's own penal code and criminal case law interpreting the codes, as well as the feds, MP, etc. I'm no comparative law expert, but I would guess the principles are similar in the various state courts. Military police....not so much.

15. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

The rules for searches are basically the same state to state because most of the issues involved are mandated at a federal level. Even that AZ sheriff is being investigated now for "following" the recent immigration law passed in that state for stopping people who were Hispanic, legal or not, American or not, just because they looked Hispanic.