sativa/indica genotypes (pictures: your opinion)

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Erin Kerrik, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

Have 5 plants from bag seed, three are about a foot tall and 8 or 9 nodes (just LSTed them), two, which were started in smaller pots are about 5 inches tall and 7 nodes.

Looks to me like I have three sativa-dominant and two indica dominant. I know some of the seeds came from a Blueberry, but think I mixed up the jars - the small ones also have much broader leaves.

Do the large ones look sativa dominant?

Your opinions? both.jpg

sativa.jpg

indica.jpg

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

You sure you got some blueberry, that shits hard to find unless you know somebody thats always got it. Most the time when you buy shit thats claimed to be blue berry it just some dank with some tasty man tasty puff drops on it, never happened to me cause i had the connect but i've had friends show me and smoke with me some stuff they were told was blueberry and it wasn't, shit one of them didn't believe me about the drops i had to take him to the head shop and show him that shit and get him to smell it, and sure enough! But anyways the middle pic looks like a good even mix almost and then the far right pic looks indica dominant.

3. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

first of all what light are you using? they are stretching like crazy, even for sativa's. anyways, pic 2 is a sativa and pic 3 is an indica.

4. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

400W Eye Hortilux MH. I think it's the genes making them stretch - the short stocky ones have been under the same light as the others and they were planted the same day (April 28).

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

how high is the light above the plants right now?

6. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

About a foot. Any lower and it gets hotter than the 82 I'm trying to keep as a upper limit. (10" "turbo" fan is moving the air in and out of the three sided structure).

7. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

Awesome. I hope they're girls. The seeds came from a friend's friends home Blueberry grow.

8. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

If they came from a friends grow, can you try and get more seeds, I'll assume he bred them himself, if you get some more you'll be able to find a keeper as a mom.

A friend gave me a bunch of Afgani X Skunk he bred and different plants had different characteristics even from the same batch of seeds. So having a few going I was able to choose a good one to keep as a Mom while flowering the rest.

9. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

The Blueberry seeds came from two buds I was given - there were 5-6 in about 4g. I'm quite sure fertilization was unintentional, like I say a friend of a friend grew it, don't know anything more than it was grown from ordered Blueberry seeds. Maybe they are from a hermed plant, if so, hopefully they hermed in the absence of males.

I used seeds from three bags I particularly liked for this, my first grow, - I have 2-3 of these seeds left, not sure which jar it is though, didn't label them.

10. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

I c, good luck hope they turn out well ;)

11. SoTexGrowr1

SoTexGrowr1 Developed Alternating Nodes

The seeds came from the actual bud?

12. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

Yes, indeed. "Bag seeds".