N-P-K for flowering

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by moneytree, Mar 17, 2005.

1. moneytree

moneytree New Sprout

Just curios to see what you are using in regards to N-P-K during flowering. I know that a higher P ratio is better but I am not sure how high to go. My plants are entering their third week of flowering and the stretching period is over so I want to make sure I am using the right ferts

2. smokinbasser

smokinbasser Veggy Stage

One of my bloom enhancers is 0-10-10 but it's organic primarily. I have seen chemical bloom boosters as high as 52 in the P portion of the nute ratios. If using such high ratios one must be very cautious to prevent terminal fert burns.

3. OutlawGardner

OutlawGardner Knees in the breeze

On my current chemical grow I use Schultz's Expert Bloom Plus (but only once every 2 wks) with an NPK of 10-60-10. You have to be careful (as I found out the hard way). I will probably go back to organics (Guanos) in the future.

4. Smokey Jay

Smokey Jay Veggy Stage

Dude, a precise method and formula can only be found with two things: knowledge and experience. Recipes for flowering are not just thought up, they are reasearched, experimented and tested before being applyed as a perfection. Over the years I have found that organic ferts work best, for me anyway. This is because I can use a precise ratio of the elements I need. It is true that a high ratio of P is required during flowering but, what some people do not know is that K is also beneficial, just not as much as P.

My only advice is to stay away from chemical ferts, especially miracle grow and even Shultz. It is really easy to ruin your crop. The great thing about organic ferts is that it is more difficult to over fert. I previously used Guano 0-25-0 in conjunction with 0-0-2 and 0-2-0 then finished her off with a little secret 1-53-29 for ripening and fattening.

I hope this helps answer your question, cause I'm stoned, and I needed to reflect on the good ol' days of youth.

Happy Growing

5. greenkitty

greenkitty Full Flowering

For optimuim growth durring flowering the n-p-k ratio changes as the plant matures. The later in flower the less nitrogen is needed and the more p and k are needed. Yes the P is needed but the k is also very important. With the ferts. that i use,( a 3 part system) .Holland Secrete. This is the mixing ratios that they recommend.

Wk 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8

n 9 6 6 4.5 4.5 3 1.5 0

p 9 10.5 10.5 12 12 12 10.5 9

k 15 18 18 21 24 27 30 30

These numbers are ml per gal. As you can see the K levels increase at a higher rate than the p levels all the way through bloom. Your K is more of the bloom and rippening part and produces esential oil and resins. This will give you some idea of what does what at different growth stages. Hope this sheds a little light on things for you.