Facebook

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nippie, Jul 22, 2011.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

hey so I just farting around on facebook killing time when I saw a few of you guys, anyone actually use facebook?

alien bait is a dead give away, lol

2. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Look a little more closely how it is spelled. They would not let me use "Alien." :roffl:

Notice how they recommend potential friends. How do they know that??? Seems they track where you go on the internet and match that up with others who frequent the same web sites.

Could be a security risk....

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

yeah i saw the name but it was the picture haha.

I searched GK and Vigaro popped up with others.

If you haven't already, you need to switch you facebok to https to block the tracking, that and don't use apps.

Was thinking about throwing my shit out there, not to worried anymore since I declined a job offer that would had my ass walking the straight and narrow. But I am free to do as I please and will continue to be that way for the foreseeable future

4. AlienBait

Hehe, yup, my Avatar is my picture. I will probably not be posting anything or any pictures on that FB account. That is used to communicate with others on topics that may violate the TOA of any message boards I may be a member of.

5. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

My fb has adds that try to sell me LED grow lights

6. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

You can get the same information about me on Facebook as you can on here to be honest. As long as you aren't advertising your handle here to your life FB account, you are pretty much safe.

7. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Hey guys, FB and Twitter both track you online. You don't even have to be logged in to FB or Twatter.

Using the HTTPS doesn't turn it off either.

All you have to do is have logged into either site within the last 30 days, then as you peruse the net, any site that has the FB or twatter logos to "share" with friends, recognizes you on that site, and sends the info back to FB or twatter, respectively.

There was just a tech article about it, followed by a news story....

My feelings on those sites, well, if I want to tell someone about my day, I call them, I don't post it for the world to see.

8. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

FB is what it is. The GK page was mainly set up to use the chat function.

9. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

So, let me understand this correctly.... I go on FB, check my shit. Come back later, check in on GK, FB has tracked this, and where I go?

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

10. AlienBait

Yup, that's what they do.

11. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

FB's entertaining to me. Example: this young chick (who turns-out to be a trainwreck) sent me a request last yr. 'cause she's interested in my mortician work. Recently she refered to it as a dating site! Trust me when I say she makes alot of 'passes' at me. Not bad looking, but no way!

Last night she's posting and laughing about driving stoned (on pain meds re: foot injury). I tried to explain DUI laws, as she thinks because you have a prescription you can drive while HIGH on vicodin (most likely). Tells me that I'm the only one of a few of her 'friends' who didn't think it was 'sorta funny'. After I posted the link to the news story of the guy who caused a major accident in NY, killing 5 (?) Amish and being charged with DUI, their deaths, etc., she took her post off by this morning.

Just her spelling is a riot! A 5th grader could spell better.

I refered her to Bud, for the amusement. He must be afraid of the Ole Lady :lmao: I see Skuzzy added her. You MUST follow her, Skuzz. You'll laugh your ass off. I'd love to see your responses to her :rofl:

Anyho... I make no reference to my screen name or MJ. I had to drop TA and the GK group, as he kept posting pro MJ links.

A good friend on there is a state trooper and that wouldn't be cool.

If you're smart, I think it's harmless.

12. LionLoves420

They and every other site track you. Amazon, Ebay, Google, Yahoo, AOL, and any other major company will track what sites you look at, what you buy, and where you buy it. The credit card companies do the same thing (including your debit card), as do big chains, fast food or other wise. Market research.

13. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I do not use FB, tweet or even send text messages. GK is as close as I get to "Social Media "

BBT:anibong::anibong::anibong:

14. AlienBait

So, even if you comment on a news article, if there is a FB link, it will put that on your wall.

For example, if there is an article about MJ, and you click "Like" or comment on it, that will be logged on your wall and all of your friends will know that you commented on that article.

Be careful what you click on...

15. LionLoves420

Exactly. My wife CAN NOT like or comment on any of my pro-marijuana articles (I never talk about growing, just legal stuff) because of her job. She would be fired. I, however, can be as open as I please because of my job and I could give a fuck less what anyone else thinks (I have lost ACTUAL friends from real life on FB because of my pro-marijuana stance).

Now if I ever switched my work scene, I would have to delete years worth of posts, but for now I am safe. Internet security is up to the individuals situation.

16. LionLoves420

Also: Don't forget you can change your privacy settings. I have mine all set to "friends only" and my contact info set to no one but me.

17. I've noticed a few of you fuckers on there lol! I'm so small time that I wouldn't really consider it a safety concern. As long as I'm not posting up crap like "trimming all night" or something of that sort. I've got friends from all walks if life on there, both sides of the law and some that seem to cross the boundaries of each haha.

If it gets to a point where you are having your internet usage checked by LEO, you already fucked up somewhere else along the line. Be smart, keep to yourself and dont draw any attention

18. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

Hey, who you callin 'fuckers'??!!!?? lol

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

19. I only say that with my best sentiments in mind Hahaha

20. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

that my gk friends...

...is fuck'd up...