Getting a Himalayen 2marro :) hopefully!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Cannagirl, May 1, 2010.

1. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I have been looking for a kitten for a couple weeks now and I just decided, yanno what? Every time I get a kitten I remind myself to never get another! I love cats, but kittens kinda drive me crazy!

So I thought, no, I would like a cat, and would like to rescue an older one. At the local SPCA there is a 6 year old himalayen who is easy going and comes from a family of 9 plus other dogs and cats, so she should fit right in with my own pets. I have ALWAYS wanted one of these kitties. She is shaved currently but they have gorgeous coats and faces. I am gonna try to be first there 2marro so I can get her. And it's kitten season so all the adult cats are only $30 and that includes everything! This would be my second kitty from the SPCA this year. Good thing I am OCD clean and my landlord likes me!

This is her! So, her name is Ceaser....and she knows it. I really hate it for a cat, maybe a dog (cuz of ceasar milan, but a female cat)? SO I NEED YOUR HELP! Can anyone think of any name that kinda sounds like that, but isn't so....yucky? It's gonna be a tough one. I have only thought of geezer so far!

This is her :)

[​IMG]

2. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Hey Canna!

I used to have a Himilayan named Jello! He was an awesome cat- even though he was funny lookin...lol

Mine had the black/dark brown on the face and paws and was a tan color otherwise. He also was a rescue and had epilepsy, and sadly, that's what killed him. Don't know how old he was when i got him, nor how old he was when he died, but i had him for like 3 years.

I hope you get the lil kitty- as long as your doggy crew is down with it!

Peace

-LM

3. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

dag nab it ......... not what i thought LOL had hope of a plant thread.

nice pussy though!!:passsit:

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Pleaser, Weezer, Sneezer!:roffl: Greaser, Teaser, Tweezer,:rofl6: :lmao:

I'll get back to you if I think of more!:roffl: :thumbs-up:

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

annebelle or CANNA BELLE

:beerchug-2:

tEAMSTER6

6. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

Ziza!

Ok, for some reason I read this post this morning, and it's been stuck in my head, bothering me!!! (kinda like when you can't remember an actor's name, and it bugs you all day???)

Was coming back from the grocery, and a cute kitty name that sounds like Caesar popped in my head - Ziza! Totally sounds like a kitty cat's name, and when you say it like you're calling a kitty (ie higher pitched, kinda singsong) it totally sounds like Caesar! BTW, who the shit names a girl kitty Caesar anyway??? :dontknow:

Anyways, hope you figure out something for your new girly, I think going with an 'A' on the end of the name will make whatever you come up with more of a girl name!

good luck!

peace

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

7. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I got her! I love her, she is so cute!

Thanks for all the suggestions....Ziza, thats pretty clever. But I decided I will just rename her, they always get used to it. I am thinking about "Sassafras" and calling her Sassy. She reminds me of Sassy from Homeward Bound. And I already have a dog that looks like Chance, now I just need a golden retriever and i'll have the set!

Oh and since it's May (mothers day) the fee was waived COMPLETELY so all she cost was $6 for the carrier, crazy!

[​IMG]

HMMMM Cannabelle I love that too! I love the name Bells which is what I would probly call her.....hmm decisions decisions, thanks guys!!

8. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I read the title and thought you got a new Himalayan strain. Good luck and make sure you have plenty of hair ball remedy. They are pretty cats but one of the unfortunate creations of man, with the concave face that causes health issues.

btw, in my experience of having cats all my life, names don't really matter to them. Nothing really matters much to cats. That's why I like them.

9. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Speaking of kitties, I got really bummed last night after watching a youtube video of a cat pawing his friend who had been killed by a car. It was so sad. I had to watch a bunch of comedy videos to get over it.

Here it is if anyone wants a good cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20WZCCdtzpY

10. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

demeanor

we bought a "pet quality" Persian/Himalayan mix for $100.00 He's not got the really prominent features like yours Canna. But you can tell hes Persian. Thankfully, his features arent prominent enough to cause some of the "pure-bred" health probs. We named him "Psycho"

Great cats. Next cat I want is a Ragdoll. But thats a lotta money for a cat. But theyre just so cool!

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

canna name her cannabelle and call her belle for short.

Definition:: The most beautiful woman or belle of the ball.

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

12. Glitterpixiee

Glitterpixiee Veggy Stage

Awwwwe

Canna- I think you are wonderful for adopting from a shelter! I have worked many years at animal shelters as a vet tech and it's just horrible how many animals are euthanized. It ended up really getting to me so I started working at low cost spay/neuter clinics. I think you're smart for adopting an older cat because I couldn't agree more that kittens are just a handful. You deserve a big hug!!! Good luck with the new addition.

Ragdolls are the SHIT!!! They were named that because of their temperment because they literally will hang there draped over your arm for hours. I bet you could contact a rescue group that is breed specific that has one for adoption and they usually don't charge too bad of a fee. I know there has to be a Ragdoll rescue group out there somewhere. I would think so anyway they have em for all kinds of dog/cat breeds. I love my Bengal, he is gorgeous and very unique.

13. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Congrats on the new addition.

So, how many animals do you have at your place now?

[​IMG]

14. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

LOL AB....

3 cats, (one hates being inside so really she just eats and comes in when she doesn't like the weather), 2 dogs, 3 hamsters (I know it's bad but I am kinda just waiting for them to die now ;) ) 6 cockatiels (outside in aviary), and 1 fish tank.

Fortunately I am so OCD my place is spotless and smells like flowers :potleaf-3:

Hey Glitter i'm a vet tech too :) I can't work at shelters tho, I couldn't euthanize healthy animals. It's even hard working at a regular old vet...the number of people who take on pets they can't afford and then kill them when they get sick, it's awful a lot of the time :(

So the new kitty is doing pretty well. She is gonna take some time tho, she is kinda shy and I can tell has lived where she never felt safe before. She has her own bedroom here and it's making her feel much more comfortable and she is coming out of her shell. No permanent name yet, playing around with "Sookie" from my favorite book/tv series...

I still love Cannabelle or Bella or Bells but I know if I named her that I would start calling her Belly which I don't really like...

15. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

i have a pitbull that thinks shes a cat... Srry for the out of nowere reply but only thing i could think of. Im not much of a cat lover, they are cool but only at other ppls houses.

16. Glitterpixiee

Glitterpixiee Veggy Stage

Wow Canna that's awesome you're such an animal lover too! And a fellow vet tech. I have always had a houseful too. LOL From working at the shelters I ended up adopting and fostering quite a few pets mainly dogs but also, cats, rats(they are so cool), and Rabbits, and lizards. Currently we have 3 dogs=American Bulldog, American Pit Bull Terrier(my favorite breed ever!), and a Jack mix we also have two cats a gorgeous crazy bengal and a little orange tabby DSH that was feral when he was brought into the clinic after being run over by a car and half paralyzed. Poor guy was so scared there and got uri so I took him home to recover and he is doing great,he can walk and urinate on his own, etc it's obvious he has nerve damage when he walks but he is fine. I think it was a little over a week that he hid under the bed and one day he just decided her didn't wanna be feral and started trusting us. He is the sweetest cat ever and even though I am highly allergic to animals (go figure) he sleeps in our bed every night. I couldn't live without my animals! I agree it's pathetic people get animals and neglect, abuse, and treat them as if they are disposable. I have seen some horrible things people have done to animals and have had to restrain myself from choking them. Your new kitty is lucky to have been adopted by you and as you know animals have a way to sense the good from bad and being with you she will finally feel safe and loved, something she has been neglected of. We also have our guest bedroom hooked up for the cats big time. Well sorry for rambling on but it's cool to find out we have common interests and beliefs.

17. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I rescued a little black kitten 3 days ago. He was meowing loudly next to my house. Young, maybe 2 -3 months old, skinny as a rail. I set him up in my shed in the backyard and he's been eating like crazy and getting a lot healthier. But, not just food, it seems he really needs affection. When I go out there, he is all over me climbing around and purring like crazy. My friend's kids might take him in. I named him Sunshine.

Edit: I always feed strays when they come around. People here are really against feeding strays. One time, when I was living in an apartment, I had a bit of a nasty argument with my upstairs neighbor about that and had to lower the formality/politeness level of my language a few degrees.

18. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

This is making me miss "Mouse" and "the anonymous fatty toad" or "frogger" for short...'sigh'

Who the fuck names a female kat 'Caesar'?

Mexicans...

Family of 9...other dogs and cats...had to be shaved...it all fits

I wouldn't change her name personally unless you ask her...we are all given our names for a reason, and we al experience life as we do for a reason...just a thought.

All the same if you must....I vote for 'Teaser' as it is phoneticly similar and its female, therefore it is a tease :roll:

:pimp: