ph adjustmeant

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Jun 28, 2016.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I finally got my ph meter hooked up to the fertilizer tank and found the ph is at 5.7. i do see some what i think is phosphorus deficiency and it seems to be advancing quick on a couple strains.

Would you guys suggest raising the ph to 7 for a couple waterings and then go to 6.5 for the remainder of there lives or would you suggest just going right to 6.5?

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

soil, hydro??

whats soil ph and is there any buffers

3. greenjah

Strait promix hp + so only whatever buffer they put in. I do not have a soil ph meter and i dont get any runoff to test. I just can tell they are a little less happy then they were a week ago and a couple strains show what looks like phosphorus deficiency and phosphorus is the first to go with low Ph so i did what i should have done a month ago and got my meter box and meter set up. The ph is 5.7 so i just put two and two together and am pretty sure Ph is my choice of possible problems, i just want to make sure trying to give it an extra push back up by going to 7.0 for 1 or 2 waterings will not just cause other problems

4. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I would think that ph'd 7 water would act as a mini flush and then nail it back at 6.5. I use promix, too.

5. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

i'd agree that 5.7 is too low for promix

6. greenjah

Thanks for the thoughts, i am going to go ahead and do the 7.0 this watering and go to 6.5 next time.

Ive always had to high of ph and just used acid to lower it. I had to use 700 ml of Ph up to get 500 gal of fertilizer to 6.5, does anyone know of a cheap but clean way to raise Ph so im not spending so much on Ph up?

7. bigbudztoo

Baking Soda will raise PH and white Vinegar will lower it. for use in a pinch.

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I'm with BBtoo and Nip. With Promix I tend to get better results running around 6.8-7ph even though there's lime in my soil mix as a buffer. Never figured out why because it really doesn't make sense if you think about it.

9. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Res, I've not ph'd my water since starting up the new rooms last year and honestly 75% of my previous issues vanished. Running the GK organic soil mix and letting a healthy herd of microbes do their thing works well for me and my garden. I've also began using only tap water for vegging saving the R/O for flower, both with a PH 4.5-4.8.

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

11. bigbudztoo

yeah, if it isn't broke....... Out of curiosity, have you checked your run-off PH ?

12. ducrider

No I haven't, not for a couple of years.

13. ducrider

Mothers Earth Juice Natural PH up ipretty concentrated.

14. greenjah

Thanks guys, damn ducrider im surprised you havent had issues. How long do you grow them for? I have had problems before with ph being under 6 but it has always taken a few weeks to show up. The mix you make must be some domn good stuff to buffer the ph from 4.8 for enough time to grow and flower them.