My first Legal Sale . . .

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by RkyMtnWayHigh69, May 11, 2010.

1. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Yesterday was a VERY historic day in my MMJ growing world.

By Colorado State law I'm only allowed to have a certain amount of "usable" pot. Between myself and the 3 patients I have, I'm allowed 16oz's. I'm in violation of State law if I possess more than that 16oz's, so I must get rid of it to stay in compliance.

Anyway, I was able to finally jump through all the necessary hoops, and I have made my FIRST LEGAL MARIJUANA SALE!

I'm not going to go into all the details, but I'm a long-time Colorado resident and I've been trying to make this happen for many months. This isn't something I would say ANYONE can just show up with a bunch of pot and sell it easily. I had to file alot of paperwork and sign alot of contracts to make this happen, but it FINALLY happened!
    This wasn't easy nor was it fun, to get all the LEGAL processes in order, but now EVERY single State data base has my name on it. :laugh: I'm not afraid of this backfiring, because Colorado is the ONLY STATE to have MMJ in the State Constitution! This isn't going away, it's just getting legitimized and in doing so, it's becoming very bureaucratic. I suppose it's what must happen and I will go with the flow . . .

Well, needless to say, this was a well deserved payday . . .

This is what a Pound is selling for . . . And yes, I have to pay taxes on this, but I wanted to take a pic before it all disappears.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by . . .:biggrin::ebert:

2. daytrypper

daytrypper A Fat Sticky Bud

Congrats! I'm going to be hating on you for a min:angry4:.

I guess we all have to jump through hoops to make a sale, but at least you don't have to keep looking over your shoulder while playing phone tag. I would love to pay some tax just to make sure my family doesn't get caught up in a police nightmare.

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Sweetttttt Congrats Rocky Keep on Growing -Bud

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

:flipando: Son of a Bitch!!

NICE!! :thumbsup:

Was this a one time shot, or do you have some type of contract worked out for future business? :)

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Cool :thumbs-up:

I notice the Bag Balm. An old nursing standby.

6. RkyMtnWayHigh69

It's definitely an ongoing thing, but EVERYTHING is going to change in the next two days. Watch Colorado . . . it's going to get interesting.

I'm almost positive, all the shit I signed yesterday and all the rules we were playing by, are all going to be revise by the State of Colorado.

After this week, I'm thinking I'll have to be growing on property owned by any dispensary I would sell to.

I understand the next regulations, that will be signed into effect very soon, will limit the amount of MMJ purchased by a dispensary. And that dispensary will have to grow it all on property owned by the dispensary owner, or some stupid shit.

I've been trying to do something like this for along time, but I guess with everything changing, dispensaries want to get what they can while they can. But, who really fucking knows.:ponder:

ncmaineac likes this.
  7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Bravo Rky! Keep commerce growin brother!

8. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

rky

congrats man....very nice..and i think you are right..i think that dispensaries can only purchase 30 % of there total sales...meaning they have to grow 70 percent...sounds like they are trying to make it either lots of little people or a few very big ones...not sure yet..we will see...

i have been following co quite a bit...her is one place i check out lots

http://www.weedtracker.com/forums/

and there are lots of others but i do like this one...also this one as well

http://www.cannabisnews.com/

i hope to very soon be in co..i want to be a caregiver as well...but i still dont have permission from wife yet..i want to go out there and get things off the ground until she can come out ...she has a good job..with insurance...

good luck rky...you are my hero...good luck

9. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

whoo hoo! rock on, brotha!

so happy for you!!!!!

peace

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

10. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Well, this isn't something I harvested just yesterday. I had an ounce or two from each of the last several grows. I hadn't sold any in the past, because I wasn't willing to let it go for the prices they want to pay, $225 an oz. But, with all the laws changing, I had to get rid of it or risk being over my limit, which I won't do if at all possible.:laugh:

As of tomorrow, the State has to make a ruling, or wait until the next session. Now, we all know they aren't going to wait, but we'll see what happens.

Yes Ncmaineac, it's the 70/30 rule and it will go into law. But,m we'll see how the lawyers twist it to form what will be "general practice". I was lucky to be able to do my transaction before this all changes. I hope to continue, and thats why we wanted to have "existing" contract, before things all change.

This will all be figured out by the lawyers and the rest of us will just play the game by those rule until they change again.:laugh:

Thanks GTWT ~ It made me happy too. I was beginning to worry about my next $500 Xcel Energy bill.

When it's all said and done, I didn't "make" really very much off this pound.

If I was paying myself an hourly wage, I wouldn't make anything at all. I'd lose. But, I did recovery my investment and made alittle on the top. ;) I'm not looking to get rich by any stretch of the imagination. I just want to provide the best possible product for the cheapest possible cost. Just like everyone else. ;) LOL

11. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

awesome news bro, congradulations.

12. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Very cool Rky! Congrats to you!!!

I can't see what the pic was, it's just a red x now, but if i may, how much did they pay you for it???

Peace

-LM

13. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Live'n the dream........:not-worthy:

It'll be in Maine not soon enough. We got 8 disp. going in this yr.

I would love to be one or just be a grower.

Good job!

14. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

How does it feel to be a legal drug dealer now? :potleaf-3:

15. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Feels pretty good to catch up on all the bills. ;) It's amazing how quick it all really goes. :laugh: It wouldn't make such a fun pic now.:spin:

The law changes got delayed today, so maybe this will stay possible, the way we did it, until next Legislative Session.:bigok:

16. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

$3800 for a lb?!?!?! HOLY FUCK! Thats insane, must be crazy ass expensive to buy the meds.......

Congrats Rky, thats awesome man!

17. RkyMtnWayHigh69

They sell to their patients at $300 an ounce, at least thats what I was told.

I sell my pot to my patients at $90 a 1/4oz, so I was thinking it was almost too cheap to make it worth while.LOL

Dudemandude told me he normally pays around $4,000.

I know for my HashBerry, if I'm not getting $90 a 1/4oz, I'll just keep it until it's needed by myself or my patients.

I felt $3,800 was an all around very fair price, for all involved.

Well, I just hear that SB1284 just passed, so things have already changed.:laugh: I hope the new law doesn't go into effect until next July, but we'll see. :(

18. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Man I can't believe people pay $90 for .25oz. The most I ever paid for premo was $50.

If I sold that much every month I could quit my day job. I'd love to move to a med state but I'm stuck with a mortgage and no savings to move with. It's frustrating knowing I could be making a living somewhere else.

19. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Um.. Uhhh.... Wow.....

Nice, man!! :beerchug-2:

20. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

love the bills rocky!! Money is just like weed goes too fast

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6