bho vs solventless wax

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by nippie, Nov 4, 2015.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

so which is truly better?

giddyup might kick my ass for saying this, but wouldn't solventless wax be purer? (just heat and pressure)

whats the thoughts on that....it seems that it would be cheaper and easier. is the return just not the same?

2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

By solvent less do you mean that curling iron stuff, dry ice hash or something else? I prefer winterized, made from butane or co2 myself. The winterizing will kill a lot of the terps but it is some clean stuff to smoke.

3. nippie

Yes basically curling iron flat iron. I've seen a couple machines selling now competing with bho...I was wondering why. Is it safety, better, cheaper.....what's the selling point?

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

You can't blow yourself up.

5. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Whats this flat iron stuff you be talking about

6. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

[YOUTUBE]zvzcs1NuyaA [/YOUTUBE]

7. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

!!!!! Rosin is good for the individual... Not making a lot of hash

8. nippie

gotcha. so their presses are for personal use then? because even the demos they have don't seem to compare to yours. But seem easier than bho and winterizing etc.

9. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Established Healthy Roots

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

This. You can't get reliable yields and it doesn't lend well to larger quantities.

No offense mytwhyt, but I can't imagine running a couple pounds of trim or bud through that.

11. nippie

can you use regular parchment paper with hair striaghtener?

12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That's what you want to use, no wax.

13. nippie

Cool thanks

14. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Germinating

I dig the yota, I had an 80 long ago that I built up a bit.

I use acetone to make my concentrates, well and bubble bags. The hair crimper thingy would drive me insane as I never run less than 4 ounces in a day.

15. ResinRubber

Acetone? My hopes are that you're using reagent grade.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
  16. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Germinating

http://www.rightpricechemicals.com/buy-acetone-reagent-grade-acs.html

I do, and I use a vac chamber. It comes out quite nice actually and I don't blow myself up. I use my bubble hash to make it as well, put in a jar of sub zero frozen tone and shake for about 4 seconds, filter through a 25 micron screen into a pyrex and into the vac chamber. I've tasted a lot of concentrates including ones that werent purged correctly. Mine is safe, I assure you. I'm new but I'm not new.

17. ResinRubber

Just checking. You see people doing some pretty goofy shit sometimes. :redbong:

I'm very cautious about acetone. The msd on even reagent grade still lists a pretty heavy warning concerning possible trace amounts of benzene and formaldehyde. The same problem eventually led me away from 'tane. Jus' sayin.

:redbong:

18. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Germinating

I try. I do still think that with a vac chamber you'd have to use something pretty nasty to have trace elements but I haven't had mine tested either. A lot of people do it with great success and some have even had theirs tested made from Kleen Strip the painting variety and it came out clean. I didn't see the lab results but they work in dispensaries and are required to follow a strict code with concentrates. I am picking up what you're putting down though.

19. ResinRubber

:flipando: I seriously hope you're kidding.

If you know anybody using paint store acetone as a solvent for hash......they are hurting themselves and others they allow to use their product. Period. End of story. It's an indefensible practice. Any dispensary that knows it's extracts are being made with paint store variety acetone should be outed immediately.

I know I sound harsh, but that's the goofy shit I was referring to.:bong-2:

20. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Germinating

I dunno about all that, I use the expensive shit because, well it isn't that expensive and I just make it for me and my lady lol. I do appreciate you looking out though.