President Obama: What Is So Funny About Taxing And Regulating Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by snickelfritz, Mar 27, 2009.

1. WillGrow4Food

WillGrow4Food Toker Extraordinaire

It's simple

Obama is too immature for the job in front of him, he'd do much better as a celebrity.

All these interviews and appearances are a waste of government time and money(securing the building etc). I think he is trying to "re-create" FDR's fireside chats that were in purpose to reassure the public that things were going according to plan. Yet while media has changed so television and the internet are prominent media instead of radio these television appearances are not informative, and they are only making him look worse.

He's starting to show his true colors. Those of you who are too apathetic to take notice to the absolute critical state this country is in are in for a big slap on the ass.

Wake up people, some of the people in my area just astound me as to how oblivious they are as to what is really going on. They are going to sleep right through history making economic and static failure.

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

This begs me to ask the question, and no I don't wanna get in it with anyone just asking.....

Do you think McPalin would have been a better choice on this issue? Come onnnnnnn.

Ron Paul sure, love the guy, but he will NEVER be president, let's be realistic. Obama is the best choice we have ever had so far and honestly there has been a signiificant amount of change in marijuana policy already.

3. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Could not agree more! ;)

Has anyone else noticed he seems to still be on the campaign trail?:rofl:

Sorry but he spends more time on the road speaking at town halls with those oh so warm and fuzzy speeches we have heard for how many months...years?? What has he done besides passing a bill with how many earmarks and garbage that takes MORE of our money and you will not see a dime of it. People who voted for him got nothing but empty promises with no hope of change yet some still are waiting......you may turn blue if you hold your breath. ;)

He is more of a celebrity when this country is in dire straights. Sure he is likable when you hear him on shows and all his media coverage, but sometimes a great leader needs to worry about what is best instead of their ego to be popular. We need a leader who will work HARD to get us back on track. Someone who will stand up for what is right and stick to it, one with common sense not to mention the ability to make the change happen without worrying who they have to pay back all the deals made behind closed doors. He is no more then a glorified typical politician who will continue to drive this country further into ground with a debt our great great grandchildren will be paying for.

Wait till you retire and there is NO social security you paid into for all these years. Better yet, how bout those pensions?? Big reality check when he is finished because there is NO bright light at the end of this tunnel with Obama in charge for Pelosi is running this show. He is just her pretty boy to make it look rosey when you being fed BS.

Canna, no I do not think Palin would have made a difference. We had NO choice in this election nor do we in ANY election. They are all bought and paid for and all share the same interest. Getting rich, popular and a puppet to those who really run this country.

Peace~mermaid

4. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

Mermaid... You said it! What choice do we really have?

5. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

From NORML...

White House Press Secretary Tries To Defend Obama’s Opposition To Taxing And Regulating Pot — He Can’t!

Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:17:50 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

If you thought President Barack Obama’s mocking response to the question of whether “taxing and regulating cannabis would raise revenue and reduce prohibition-associated violence” couldn’t be any worse, just listen to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs stumble below.

Kudos to the reporters who held the White House’s feet to the fire on this one. First, Gibbs is asked: “When the President said he doesn’t think that legalizing marijuana would give the economy a boost was he giving a political answer or an economic answer? Does he have numbers to back (his position) up?”

The pained expression on Gibbs’ face says it all as he mumbles that, in fact, he is aware of no economic analyses — as in zip, nada — that support the President’s dismissive position. Naturally, we have numerous credible economic reports proving just the opposite. Perhaps Mr. Gibbs would like to review them here, here, here, and here.

Minutes later, the White House Press Secretary appears even more desperate for a place to hide when a second reporter asked Gibbs to articulate the reasons why the President refuses to consider the issue. Gibbs’ response is priceless.

“Uh, he, he does not think that, uh, uh, that that is uh, uh, [pause] he opposes it, he doesn’t think that that’s the, the right plan for America.”

And there you have it. Wow. Such a vapid response wouldn’t cut it if Gibbs was a third-grader standing in front of his classroom, no less the Press Secretary to the White House!

Keep in mind, both Obama and his press secretary knew in advance that they were going to publicly respond the question of taxing and regulating cannabis. They had at least 24 hours to prepare an articulate, rational, and substantive response. And yet the best response they could come up with was snickers and “uh.”

http://blog.norml.org/2009/03/30/white-house-press-secretary-tries-to-defend-obamas-opposition-to-taxing-and-regulating-pot-he-cant/

6. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I have to disagree to a point....those people will not sleep through it...they are going to die from their ignorance.

What our government chooses to tell us is far far from the actual reality of things. Their job is to prevent mass panic when in fact they know not what to do with this mess they've gotten us into. Take a look at their track record if you doubt. :siskel:

Heaven forbid they actually stop this insane war on a god given plant that's been on Earth longer than humans have. To do the right thing would make too much sense and it would entail them actually admitting they were wrong. No.....our political leader's pride is going to be our downfall and it's up to us as individuals to prepare for the fallout.

Adapt or die people.

7. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Get the word out

If the media keeps the issue going then something will change eventually. It's up to the media and people like us to teach all the ignorant people (including politicians).

I find myself educating people more and more about it in the "real" world. It used to be taboo, just like many issues throughout time, but the more we talk about it, the more accepted it becomes, which will lead to changes in laws.

I'm sure early presidents brushed off, maybe even laughed, at the idea of ending slavery when the subject was brought up, but enough people persisted and change came. The same will happen with cannabis.

8. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Maryland jumped on the tax and regulate mj bandwagon recently. Lets hope the rest of the states exercise their 10th amendment rights.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

Yes the states do need to use their 10th amendment right.

10. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

amen amen

I talked to someone at Home Depot about it just today!