Trim question

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by mafeeker, Oct 13, 2008.

1. mafeeker

mafeeker Engineering Monsters

So, I'm going to be harvesting pretty soon, and i will be trimming the buds while they are wet and then slow drying them. The question is do i have to allow the trim to dry is i want to use it for cooking, and if not, will it affect the potency of the trim if i use it fresh? If it's better to dry it, would it be fine to dry it using a quick method like the oven or something of that nature?

2. Allen

Allen Humble Gardener

imo, dry it out..

3. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Yea,dry it out.

4. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

Dry it, but dont use a quick method if you want it to be good. I dry all my trimmings in a small bucket and I mix it up several times a day til done. Then I use it to make hash with. However you can make butter or whatever with it you want.

5. mafeeker

The problem is that im going to have about a 24 hour window to work with this trim, and then i wont be able to use it for about a month, so my question is can i feasibly do this, maybe only with a portion of the trim, or will it fuck up my potency too much if i dry it fast. I figure taste is irrelevant because of the time frame i have. So... that's the sitch, so would anyone recommend quick drying the trim or not? FYI I'm making both brownies and green dragon, i intend to use a combination of vaped weed, possibly some nugs and trim for the brownies and about an ounce of merch plus some trim for the green dragon. Anyone with personal experience, adivce much appreciated.

6. mafeeker

anyone? anyone at all?

7. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Well the way i read your post is ya want it to dry fast so ya can use it in a month.

So i say ya have a month for it to dry.

8. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Use it now!

Hey I may be the only one but when I'm making butter for cooking I have used it right away. I see no downside if you are making butter.

My first exposure to MJ Butter was when a hippy chick who was staying with me made it in my house when I was at work (the house was 2 blocks from the cop shop). When I got there the back door was wide open and I could smell it from 40yds away!

After I calmed down, I got to have some cookies...2, I was totally stoned for 18hrs. She had a big cardboard box of fresh trim.

No saying these guys don't know what they are saying but I'm telling you, you can use it, day of harvest, assuming you are making butter.

Grat

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Use right away or dry...

Dude, it's your choice. You'll be cooking butter to use later from what I understand. Cure or flavor has no relevancy here. More important is the quality of your butter and THC content of your trimmings. Butter because you want a high fat low moisture content and THC..well because you want to get stoned right?

If you need to wait to make butter then stash your shit in a grocery bag and make sure it doesn't rot. Make the butter at your leisure.

If you can make it right away put the water on the stove, add the butter and fresh MJ then boil away! It will stink tho...for a long time after you're done too.

Either way...aside from letting your trim rot......you can't mess it up. It's simply too easy.

10. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

If I were you I would not waste my time with vapped weed. It is already been robbed of what you want from it. The trichs. Using it will only add bad taste to the mix. Trust me I speak from exp. Been there, done that.

Now for your question. I think fresh or dry it makes no difference. I know when making bubble hash it is said that it is better to use fresh. As for cooking....I don't think it matters. Good luck.

11. fifey

fifey New Sprout

What the heck is "green dragon"?