gREEN dRAGON...but will it get you high?

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by El Campesino, May 4, 2007.

1. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

I have 10 plants coming down in about a week, which is what I said about 2 weeks ago if I recall...

anyway, I am going to cook up the Green Dragon....a liter of pure grain vodka with 30 grams dry weight of my popcorns and ugly bud.

question.....if you drink this shit will it get you high??

I have read both where someone said it didn't to where others said it did. now, a full zone into a liter of 190 proof....this shit should be just killer.

is the alcohol going to break down the THC so that it can be ingested.

anyone ever done this?
    anyone know??

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I think it was you I told this?

did it with moonshine...defiantly could tell a difference

3. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

ok, this Vodka I have is the same as moonshine....how much bud did you add?

what type of difference?

was there a MJ effect?

4. LionLoves420

it was more like the body buzz you get with eating weed(or I get...some people say they get fucked up off eating, I don't)...and I used something equivelent to little under a quarter (give or take, had some bud, clippings, stems, so I am sure your shit will be a lot better)...and it was a mason jar, about 20 oz, stirred it everyday for about a month, and drank....filter, I suppose, if your not a good southern boy drinking straight from the jar

5. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

iS it really necessary to let it age??

I've done many ISO extractions, and it is immediate seperation.

shouldn't it be the same with this? again, I've read both versions.

as long as the THC will be ingestible i guess is my only concern

6. LionLoves420

Where is the scientest when we need him?

I doubt it is necessary (probably about the amount of time as ISO, little longer maybe..), more so since you have already distilled vodka (When you put things in moonshine, it helps soak up some of the bad stuff in the alcohol)....just make sure its broken up well I would say....

Wish I could be more conrete....Like I've said, I am gonna make a batch of Weed Beer sometime in the near future...

7. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

well, I'm definitely going to hook up a batch so I'll let everybody know...just so much conflicting info floating around

8. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

actually, I was in prison in NC with an old dude in for his 4th time moonshining. I used to fuck with him everyday, "hey Pops, you gonna make any more licquor when you get out?" .... " I'm gonna make the same amount" he always replied.

saw him about 8 years later on CNN...fucker was making miniature functioning stills and selling them to tourists up in the Western mountain region

crazy shit, Pop's still getting paid doing the only thing he ever loved.

9. Shisno

Shisno Bong Whore

I had heard about this years ago and thought it was bullshit, I will be very interested in finding out what happens here. Also, I'm assuming the buds become useless after this process?

And I am even more interested in this...

mmmm beeer

[​IMG]

10. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Just A Note

went for the Vodka yesterday and found out I was way off on the content. it's only 80 proof, thought it was 190 because the label said pure grain alcohol...I'm not much of a drinker

and, yes....the bud is totally useless after this.

with an alcohol based extraction you only have contact with the solvent for 60 seconds....3 minutes absolute max, because the organic material begins to deteriorate around then and makes your oil pretty burly. so, interesting to see how much breakdown there is to the buds themselves.

my big concern is whether the THC will become activated this way. but, finally, it's only about 10 bucks and an ounce of weed, no biggie

11. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Go to page 2,i pasted a recipe for green dragon...

EL-C... skip back a page in this forum(kind kitchen) and you will see a green dragon recipe thread i did a while back....it was a recipe i got online that is meant to be one of the better ones although i aint tried it yet,i await your reply el-c...im dying to know if its worth a try out or not although other growers said it works iv kinda been hesitant to try it cos obviously im only an indoor grower so i dont have the amount of weed at my disposal as you can spare,good luck man,hope it turns out good shit:thumbsup:

12. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

i think the shit would work pretty good!

let us know for sure!:punk:

13. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

TA, have you found any feedback from people who have done this?

can you think of any reason as to why or why not the THC would be activated??

where the fuck is skunky??????????????

14. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Heard good feedback but w/out trying it id never vouch it,It IS on lotsa MJ sites tho

El-C i HAVE spoke to a few peeps who made their own altered version with different spirits like zambucca,etc and they all said it was the bollocks(real good) but id hate to personally vouch only for you to not be happy with the outcome or for wasting bud even though i know you can spare it...but the feedback i got was good but then again these guys sure werent no skunky type dudes,just some young gun closet growing stoners...the THC thing is defo summit i couldn't honestly answer but i'll see what research i can find on the subject.... skunky aint logged in for a month or longer,he aint growing time being,sent me a PM before he left sayin he was takin some chill out time,hopefully he might be having a lil :lurk: and see this thread.Peace:potleaf::beerchug:

15. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

Dee-Dee-Dee

OK ya'll. I have made this so many times I couldn't even tell you how many. Yes it works, wonderfully, I might add. It's a simple alcohol extraction. Get the highest proof booze you can find. Put as much pot or trim as you can afford. I make smaller quantities at a time usually, 1 quart mason jars. I fill the jar 1/2 way with powdered trim and lower popcorn buds and then fill up the jar with 190 proof everclear until it's almost full. Then I shake the ever living shit out of it for a while. I repeat whenever I think of it for a couple days, and after that week is up, shake the shit out of it again. Let it sit another week, shaking daily and then strain through a metal mesh coffee filter, and then repeat with standard paper coffee filter. The reult is a clear, deep, emerald geen liquor that will get you shnockered as a mofo.

And El Campesino..... you do NOT need to heat this or anything to activate the THC. I don't know who came up with that BS in the first place, but it's completely unnecessary. For those shitweasels that are about to disagree with me, shut your mouths and try it first. After about 2 hours from the time you drank the concoction, sign back on and tell me if you still think the THC needs to be activated. ;)

Keep in mind that when THC is ingested through burning and smoking, only half of it is assimilated and used by the body. Ingesting the THC in a form that the gastrointestinal tract can best deal with, results in more THC being absorbed than via smoking.

So, THC doesn't need to be activated, it isn't however digested very well on it's own by eating straight weed. That's why we use fats and or alcohol to extract it. Because they are both excellent solvents that are edible, and because they are both readily absorbed by our bodies in the GI tract.

Nuff said...

THSea

LionLoves420 likes this.
  16. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Ok, thanks man, that's what I wanted to hear.

It may have been me coming up with the question of needing to heat it or something.

I was planning to do this with some of my dank, but I'm scoring a couple of kilos of commercial bud soon to do a bubble extract so I'll make some of this drink from that.

17. LionLoves420

I would almost dare to say heating the alcohol with the weed in it would make it LESS THC avtive...wouldn't the THC evaporate with the alcohol that it dissolves with? (where is that science dude?).....but that's not an issue since you aint going to do it....Can't wait to see what your experience brings you!

18. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

thouught the same....

Yeah Lion i thought along the same lines...i only know what ppl who hve made it(with their own 'special' ingrediants' have told me and either way whether it was the bud or the booze it got them fucked up and baked,lol,El-C has got the bud quantities at hand to do it without it even noticing it is missing but id be hesitant to try it with my buds from my lil old closet grows,lol.Peace:potleaf:

PS: Good to hear your oing ahead with the bubble hash el-c,im hoping you get good results.BTW el-c your single cola grows and methods have got a few of us talkin round my way and we reckon its a fuckin great idea for certain situations and for certain types of bud,etc...ppl in glasgow groiwng their MJ using what is now known as the 'el campesino method:icon_salut:

19. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Of course not!!

How would you do an ISO extraction?

My point was this.....we all know thatTHC is oil soluable? so, putting it in brownies (with all the oils and butter) is more effective than say a cup of tea??

I just am not clear on whether the THC is going to become psychoactive from ingesting it in this solution.

also, on the shake and age tecnique...it should not take more than a few seconds to disolve ALL THC....I've done many many kilos of solvent extractions....60 seconds is all you want your material in contact with the solvent otherwise organic material starts to deteriorate and monkeys up your clean oil.

anyway, I rarely consume alcohol...this was a thought for an elderly lady I supply, but she wants it more for a topical knee ointment than a drink.....also still wondering if it could have use this way

20. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

el campesinos alternative growing methods 101..by el campesino.

You never cease to friggin amaze me el c,lol,makin knee ointments from MJ,shit man you should honestly write an "alternative MJ grow guide book"...how to grow single colas,how to grow with MG,how to grow in dense jungle,how to grow on mountains....Course you'd be looking for a publishing agent..cough cough hint hint:roll: