Help Identify!

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Herbmon, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Herbmon

Herbmon New Sprout

Just wondering if somebody could help me figure out what this is. It had some nutrient burn but these big yellow spots are strange. Thanks.... New Life 004.jpg

2. noreastgrow

noreastgrow Super Dank Headies

Only thing that i could think of is some sort of weird nitrogen deficiency that happened maybe when you transplanted/burned it? nvr seen anything like it. I could be wrong though... n as long as its just that leaf, i would sweat it, as long as its not expanding.

NEG

3. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

What is your question, and why do you not see the answer?

4. Herbmon

Herbmon New Sprout

My question is what are those yellow spots....i don't see the answer because I don't know what to look for. Those yellow spots don't look like nute burn to me. Do they to you? I don't know...that is why I asked.

5. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

They look like a nutrient inbalance to me; could have been caused by funky soil, irregular pH, or an overdose of nutrients.

Whatever it was, it looks like the plant has moved on. The plant will use the damaged leaves until it doesn't need them anymore. There is nothing you can do to change that leaf at this point. It will stay that color until it falls off the plant. Perhaps a little green Crayola marker would help to even out the color?

6. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

it looks like some sort of lockout .. if your soil pH is outta wack and you over fed then that's probably the whole problem. I do see some beginning signs of Mg lockout of def on that leaf also. The veins are staying green and the leaf is lightening in color around them. Those yellow spots could be a dirivitive of that also.

Check your soil pH and if it's right, monitor the plants for a week and see if the problem spreads to other leaves, if it does than you still have a problem, if it doesn't spread then you fixed it. Otherwise the plant looks healthy.

What kind of fertilizer are you using?

7. acom

acom New Sprout

to me those spots look like they are caused by some sort of a root problem, but thats just my nonprofessonal stoned opinion.