Mylar

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by j_mcgowan, Dec 22, 2007.

1. j_mcgowan

j_mcgowan Germinated

I Just Bought Some Mylar, And I Was Wondering I Do I Hang It On The My Walls: Tape Staples Glue, I Am Not Sure?

2. PurePlaya420

PurePlaya420 Full Flowering

I wouldnt use staples. In my expierence it was shitty they tore the mylar and made hanging it a bitch (also went thru about triple the amount of mylar needed). If you decide to use staples use little peices of cardboard where you want to staple it does help alot but still is shitty. I ended up using those double sided sticky pad things that are used for hanging posters. You can buy a pack of 10 at walmart or target for like 5$.

3. j_mcgowan

j_mcgowan Germinated

allright that will make things alot easier

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Haven't used it yet, but when I do, I'll try what I've read...duct tape where you staple (obviously, not reflective side!).

5. Shine Down

Shine Down plays in cabinets........

use regular scotch tape, or thumb tacks......

never had a tear out

6. Cobia

Cobia Germinating

In a closet or cabinet grow space one could also use a "tacky" glue spray sold in the "home crafts" section of your'e local mega mart. Cost $2.50 +/- for a small can.

Spray it onto the wall surface and apply the mylar. Gives you plenty of time to smooth out folds and bumps with a roller or by hand.

It can also be used in just the corners or sparingly along the seams for a quicker removing option.

juniorman8 likes this.
  7. nikoatnight

nikoatnight Full Flowering

I used duct tape and put a zipper in the middle of door. Put plastic on floor than put zipper down middle ( will have to cut after zippers in ) I got my zipper from hydro store. I did it myself so can u. Than just tape each corner up top and work from there when everything straight go nuts with duct tape. I've had the same door for a year and a half.