Easy Organic Soil Mix

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by ResinRubber, Nov 9, 2010.

1. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

I saw this post on WW a while back. I think I will use the mix as written and see what happens.

Thanks

Larry

I'm currently growing WW and let me tell you that she is one vigorous and hungry bitch! She craves the nitrogen like nobodies business. Vigorous as hell too, my girlfriend was surprised at just how vigorous she is. I topped her and the very next day she was already going crazy coming back! Nothing can stop this girl. Very heavy feeder. And doesn't burn easily.

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

We like pictures

3. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

The mix recipe says 2 cups fish/seaweed emulsion

I have liquid Alaska Fish Fertilizer, the instructions say 2 Tablespoons per gallon of water

How much should I put in the mix recipe

Thanks,

Larry

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Start with 1 cup of emulsion mixed into 1 gallon of water. As you get to know your plants you can strengthen or decrease as needed for later gardens.

5. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

Thank you RR for all the help.

I have the mix in a kiddie swimming pool at the moment. When I moisten can I transfer to pots right away for the sitting period? I don't have a lot of space.

Thank You

6. ResinRubber

If that's the need, then that's what you do. It's better to age, but I've done the same. You gotta mix, mix, mix some more and then mix again when you think it's all mixed. Good to go man.

7. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Personally I've never liked mixing soil in any sort of a container including a kiddie pool. I much prefer using a good sized tarp laid out on the garage floor. After you've raked everything together, the tarp makes it easy to fold and incorporate the fixings. Regardless of the method you're convinced you've finished mixing you'd Better mix it again!

Cheers

Duc

8. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

12.jpg

Hello. Here is an update on using ResinRubber's soil mix. The plants are 8 weeks old, 3 weeks as a seedling using Miracle Grow seed starter, 4 weeks veg and 1 week into flowering in the soil mix. They are White Widow and they are doing excellent. Thank You RR and thanks to everyone else that has helped me along the way. This is my second grow, 4 plants. All I have added is PH corrected water to 6.0.Thanks Again/monthly_2016_04/12.jpg.c05ddf0d6cfe0213d73335bb0c996022.jpg

9. ResinRubber

Looking good Jaxn. Thanks for sharing your work. :redbong:

10. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

Should I give them some molasses? If so how much and how often? I have Grandma's unsulfured in the cupboard.

Thank You

11. DXE

DXE Moderator

I use the same formula.. Over the years I have added (in addition to the 2 cups alaska fish fert) I have added a half gallon of liquid kelp. I find the Mykos feeds off of this and have seen much better root development (and bigger buds). I have also increased the epsom salt and lime by about 25%.

Finally when i mix dirt, I add in 1/3 recycled mix from previous harvests (and increase the receipie by 1/3).

12. ResinRubber

Molasses is rarely a bad thing. But like all things, moderation. 2 weeks into flower is a fine time to add a bit of molasses. Got Grans unsulphured in my cupboard too. 1 tablespoon per gallon of H2O once a week, or every other week, is plenty.

13. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

Thank You RR. I gave them their first dose of molasses last night. They are looking good.

14. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

Just as soon as I post everything is perfect something goes wrong. Nothing serious I hope.The edges of some of the leaves are turning yellow/brown. They are just about to start week 4 in flowering. The plants appear very healthy. 1 plant does not have any problems the other 3 do. The leaves in the picture are the worst, the other leaves that are turning are just starting to show the yellow/brown edges. Should I let them go or give them some nutrients?In my mix I did back down the blood and bone meal to 1/2. The rest is the posted recipe. Next time should I do the recipe as posted and add liquid kelp as DXE does.

20160430_101303.jpg

/monthly_2016_04/20160430_101303.jpg.51aa77e0d063bff664678a093edffee7.jpg

15. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Jaxn- Looks like you may need to start feeding them Cal-Mag, nothing too serious but do us a favor and start a new thread in Pests and plant problems. Open up the thread and I'll move your post over.

cheers