Marijuana Pricing..the downside of legal weed

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nippie, May 9, 2016.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

So just reading some articles, latest news out of WA from their tax board is wholesale is under $3.00 gram

I wonder how low it can actually drop. Once more states legalize it, the lower the price will become forcing most farmers out of the market and clearing the way from large corporations to take over since they have more of an ability to absorb low pricing (through cash reserves and bulk) until which a time the market consolidates.

Black market seems to be holding steady, but legit market.....it's going to be hard for start ups without large capital to even compete.

beginning of the end of the little mom and pops already, and it's only been a couple years

2. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Yes it sux, thats why im building as big as i can as fast as i can, so when they drop out i have all the initial startup already done.

Here in MI it is still 2300 a lb for the highest quality wich is hard to consistently produce at high volume. Not long ago it was 3600 a lb.

Now i just have to save money after this fall so i have whatever ungodly amount they will want to get proper licenses when it becomes completely legal.

Also prices always drop out after oct. and go back up sometime around the eand of February.

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

2300 indoor or out?

It seems organic will be the only way to go in the near future and having local farmers market type stuff.

If recreational every went legal nationally hell tomatoes would prob be a more profitable crop since you would have unbelievable amount of acreage opened up.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

$2300-3000 indoor here and I'm close enough to Greenjah that my illicit market is greatly influenced by the overage from his legal MMJ market. And yeah, that's top shelf price only. Have a bad run or a few temp problems and you're down to $1600 pretty damn quick.

Once we have a legal market price will be dependent on strain, cure, supplier. Just like grapes and vintners. Some will be $5 bargain bags, others will be $500 ounces. Either grow a shitpile...or...grow the very best.

5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I was getting $1800 last year for a pound of outdoor GDP and my Marisol, $2400 for my Cheese Krush. Like RR said, you better come right if you want top dollar.

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Man at 1200 a lb, I might as well drive and get. If I got a few lbs then I can pretty much make the same bill payments with out the work. But the work is all the fun. Oh man guys, I wish you all the best. Atleast we can still turn a profit. Not all people are going to pay legal prices. So all the small timers will still be in business. My buddys girl said she is waiting to get a legal card if it passes but she didnt realize the price of legal is at least twice the price. they dont tell people that when they make you think your going to legal weed and everything is going to be peaches and cream.

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yeah...$1600 lbs barely make the payment of lease and electric. Those months it's less than minimum wage when you factor in trim time. For lots of us small timers not every run is top notch. That's when a solid oil or edible market saves the day. Been thinking of going almost all edibles and edging back from buds myself. It's one of the novelties of an illicit market. Folks get a taste or gift from a legal State then want something similar when they get home.

10 grams of bho goes for $500-$700 here (street price). That same 10 grams in candy form goes for $700-$1000. The writing is on the wall for anybody but the best growing small timers.