Scorpion Crews Wild Berry from BC Depot

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Mrgreengenes, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I just chopped back 5 plants on the table and will finish trimming the other 5 tomorrow. You sure can see the difference.

[​IMG]

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Looking at them like that it's like....WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!!???!!......and then you see the results and it's like...WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!!!!! LOL

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

You're up to defoliating three times on a single garden?

4. Mrgreengenes

I just went in and removed all small shoots and removed all fan leaves. Here is a shot of the whole room.

[​IMG]

5. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Mrgreenjeans,

I've been watching you defoliate for a while and the next go round, I'm going to give it a try.

Your gardens always have such a nice orderly appearance that one day I hope to achieve.

6. Mrgreengenes

Lights get flipped next Thursday.

[​IMG]

7. Mrgreengenes

Sorry I have not updated in a while. I meant to take pictures after defoliating the plants 9 days ago. I forgot to before leaving for a week. I stripped all the leaves off the plants the day I switched to 12/12 Then I went on vacation and left them alone for 9 days. so they have been in flower for 8 days. They came back hard. I need to get in there and make some adjustments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Mrgreengenes

Spent a couple of hours last night doing water changes and trimming off unwanted growth, such as small shoots near the bottom of the plant. Going into week two of flower.

I have 15 plants going now.

[​IMG]

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

what nutes you running now? stellar as always

10. Mrgreengenes

Thanks nippie, I'm running canna nutes. Aqua flora for flowering. I just changed to the flowering formula this water change they have been in flower for one week with the veg nuts.

11. nippie

i still can't figure this out and believe me i've tried to replicate what you do, lol...but how do you keep em so small and stout. I know the topping and what not, but even my nod spacing seems so much farther that yours that by the time i'd cut back to that size I'd be left with only a few bud sites if that makes sense.

when your pinching, how much are you doing, just close to the new tip, or more? really it looks great as always, i'd love to be able to that consistantly with different strains...i could cheat with bushmaster or something, but obviously you don't have to.

sorry trying to learn

12. Mrgreengenes

nippie, I'm going to try and give you all the info I can. So here it comes.

​The plants are about 5 to 6 weeks old from seed when I top them the first time. I top them so there are 4 to 5 shoots left to branch out. Then about two weeks later I top them trying to help level out the future canopy, also during this topping try not to remove any small green shoots along the small branches left. They will turn into more branches as the plant grows I also defoliate them at that time to. The defoliation causes more side growth on all the branches all the way down the limb. then about two weeks later I top one final time. I also remove any and all lower shoots that will just amount to clutter and less light along the branches as they grow. I will also start pinching tops.

nippie I try and pinch above the second or third internode just under the top I'm trying to slow vertical growth and then bend it back and forth a little. I only do this to the tops starting to stretch ahead of the other tops.

I try and look down directly over the plants from time to time to see what needs opening up wile I am removing small lower branches. By topping and occasionally removing small side branches from time to time I am making sure that light from above can reach all through the branches. By this point There should be plenty of branch growth.

Two weeks later I Completely defoliate all the plants. It's a pain to do but try and remove every single fan leaf only. When done they are naked with hairy legs LOL then the next day I flip to 12/12. I countinue to feed full strength Veg formula, nippie I will pinch tops up to 10 days of flower

I'm tired and going to bed so I'll give you all the nutes tomorrow morning and try and answer any questions buddy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  13. nippie

alrighty, I'm going to try this and do a side by side. I think my stretching issue is coming from vegging to long in 2 quart containers but with so many clones, there's limited floor space in veg.

anyways, switching to 6 qt for veg, going to top like i do the BW, then just so I'm clear, you pinch a few nodes below the growing tip, not the first node...correct?

And the defoilating is scary, but I know it works. I've just yet to go full monty, but i have been clearing all that block any bud site so basically plant is topless, but still has bikini bottoms.

so the little branches on the bottom aren't cleaned up? I think this is where I am making a mistake. I constantly take those off to give the tops more, but it would make sense to leave them if topping a few times and stunting vertical growth of the main branches

14. Mrgreengenes

Here

[​IMG]

​or here

[​IMG]

15. Mrgreengenes

nippie here is another shot and you can see the lower shoots. I still randomly remove an occasional fan leaf that may be covering another bud site next to it.

I do another full strip this coming week end coming up.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  16. Mrgreengenes

nippie here are the nutrients I use

Aqua Vega A&B two part for Veg. I also add Botanicare Cal/Mag at 2 mill per gallon

Aqua Flores A&B two part Flowering I add Botanicare Cal/Mag at 5 mill per gallon

Canna PK 13/14 I use it at week 3 of flower and use it for three weeks.

I also start using CANNABOOST at week 3 of flower and use it till one 7 days before harvest.

Week 4 of flower I start adding CANNAZYM until 7 days before harvest.

I also use CANNA RHIZOTONIC​ At 10 mill per gallon after transplanting and at 2 mill per gallon for all they other stages of growing

it aids in root growth and the elimination of dead decaying material.

That's my Whole arsenal.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  17. Mrgreengenes

Before Defoliation

[​IMG]

After Defoliation

[​IMG]

18. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Now I understand how come when I tried pinching, it didn't seem to do very much. Pliers... I was using my fingers. LOL.

Next time.

How far along are they?

OS

19. Mrgreengenes

​Thanks LOL I used the pliers for a pointer. They are 19 days in flower. So far they all look fantastic! This is my first run with Wildberry.

20. Mrgreengenes

A side shot at 20 days of flower after defoliation

.[​IMG]