Ted Nugent on gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Herb, May 19, 2010.

1. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

You've yet to ever respond to my actual points, of which I make many, but rather concentrate on one aspect of my argument, which is you come off as an ass, and not just to me. If you do not care for this side of my point, please concentrate on the points which I underscore. You agree with RR when he is, in the eyes of most people who study law, wrong, but fail to address my counterpoints to his understanding. Our degrees mean shit in the long run, more so when it comes to name calling, but for someone who wants to debate, you come back to the same points when someone disagrees with you, ones which do not hold up.

2. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Points regarding...the constitution? I'm not interested in debating the contents of the constitution. Therefore, I haven't commented on that. I don't enter every single debate and I don't comment on every single point. Some I don't know about and some I'm not interested in. So what?

I DON'T concentrate on how I "come off as an ass". (Pot meet kettle) You are quite wrong there. I concentrate on the fact that you, and others here, like to sling names like schoolyard children then turn around and self-righteously call ME disagreeable. That's the point I've been concentrating on. Clearly. And that point does hold up.

3. NOTthatTIGER

NOTthatTIGER Developed Alternating Nodes

i skipped a few pages to tell you that you are going to prison in japan for growin' weed.

shut up.

stick to poems.

you have no idea why you need liberty.

but you are a poet, or at least horribly well read.............that, my poor misguided progressive, is irony, at it's most sublime.

if you were placed somewhere else in history, who would be defending your right to be a fuckin' worthless bookworm?

when america won its freedom from the british, it sparked something, that went worldwide...liberty became fashionable! we all but destroyed the british with our politics, not our guns....you really need to understand american history, in reference to the british financial system...then ,you would see why we are, the way we are.

you should stick to books...leave the sharp pointy, things, and the thunder sticks to us priests of ill repute, and violence.....

Mr Douglas likes this.
  4. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

You are not making much sense there. Do books scare you or something?

:nanner-2: :nanner-2: :nanner-2: :nanner-2: :nanner-2: :nanner-2: :nanner-2:

5. NOTthatTIGER

no, right now, i am on a kobo abe kick.....the box man, and secret rendezvous.

the latter izz a bit twisted, but readable.

my usual reading is a bit dry.

...i was just bein' a troll, noticed you tossed yourself under the proverbial bus, and just thought i'd join you.

:groundhog:

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

:roll: :laughing7:

That made me chuckle.....:thumbs-up:

7. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I couldn't really get into The Box Man, but I thought The Woman in the Dunes was quite good. The ending really tied the story together. There is a good old b&w movie of it also. Did you know Abe is referred to as 'the Kafka of Japan'?

To be honest, I haven't really read very much Japanese literature, but I could recommend Nip the Buds, Shoot the Kids by Kenzaburo Oe. Cool story, kind of Lord of the Flies-ish.

Cheers,

8. NOTthatTIGER

.....well, i heard reallly great shit about him, and to be honest, i liked some of it, ..havent read the woman in the doons...but there is a ...well...sort of a hot cruelty in secret rendezvous, and i was suprised how well abe was able to wite/translate into english from a non-romance language, and have it all be very coherent....i wanted to do the girl with the fictional (hopefully)degenerative bone disease in the WORST WAY!!!(I AM A SICK BASTARD AND AM ON THE FAST TRACK TO HELL, IN THE FUCKIN' CARPOOL LANE)

but i'm a news junkie mostly...i know, i know, real deep readin'.:passsit:

shoot the kids sounds interesting though, ..might have to give that one a spin....after i get LSAT's out of the way.

9. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Maybe I'll just pistol-whip someone to death? How's that for gun control? :thumbs-up:

This whole discussion is silly and moot anyway. Guns are just a convenience. An aid to a means or, "tool" if you will. Yes, a TOOL to kill. So fucking what? No guns? No problem. We can just go back to arrows for hunting and defense like the 1400's. Then some simpleton would want to ban those as well. I could make a bitchin sling to bring down Goliath...

Should everyone own a gun? NO. Should everyone have an opportunty to own one if they chose to do so? ABSOLUTELY. If you've squandered that opportunity via track record that's your problem...you just fucked up, now I have one (or 2 or 3..) and you don't. Does eveyone NEED one? No. I don't need a television either...maybe that should be banned.

Again..it's merely convenience. Evolution of technology and by proxy a form of natural selection. I'm OK with that. 100 years from now we'll probably just zap who ever we don't like into another dimention. The bleeding hearts will want to ban that too...

Maybe I should give up my hot rod and just get a badass Palamino and spurs and shit? Then move to Mexico. :nanner-2:

BTW. everyone should smoke one, read some Korzybski and maybe ponder the use of pejoratives before they get a time-out..

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I wonder whether your opinion would change if one of your loved ones was shot in a heat of the moment arguement with someone :ponder:

Would you still see this gun as a "tool"? A tool to express that persons anger and BANG, your dead!

11. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

mine wouldnt and didnt....ive had two family members die by way of gun...i still own em, wont give em up for any body, yes i see them as a tool...if someone i know dies because they get stabbed in the neck with a screwdriver ill still own them too.....i like what the sergeant had to say.

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Neg rep for isulting your wife, for which I accepted responsibility and apologized? Really? :lmao:

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Yes, really. More like, of course.

Even if you are just noticing now, I "disapproved" of your comment before your apology, which pretty much went like "I'm sorry, but you deserved it."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

14. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

As I believe I wrote much earlier, the "just a tool" defense doesn't really hold up. There is a huge difference between the relative danger between a screwdriver and a gun. It's much easier, quicker, more powerful and possible from a much greater distance to kill with a gun as compared to a screwdriver. Also, all weapons are just tools. Should everyone have the right to own hand grenades, tanks, rocket launchers, land mines? They are just tools, after all. Nuclear weapons are "arms", aren't they? Do you feel that the second amendment gives everyone the right to own nuclear weapons?

I'm of the opinion that the second amendment was written for a different era, is no longer relevent and, as America becomes more populous and less wealthy, will affect more and more of a negative influence on America unless it's changed. Gun control already exists in America and it should be seriously expanded, I think.

Great idea.

15. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

ok hank we get the point you want more gun control. ok to what extent?? Do you want it illegal to hold any firearm?? If you want more restrictions on gun ownership are you willing to take the chance that eventually they will ban all guns so you cant have any in your possession??

I would like to tell you I have had my family assaulted by a intruder. I was armed and did not kill the guy but he knew I was going to kill him if he made another move as I beat him to the punch and he did not dare move and yes he was armed with a gun.

Maybe this kind of situation would change your mind??

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

16. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I think you've had too much smoke, T6. You're not thinking clearly.

17. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

"ya can`t fix stupid"

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

If banning guns is the answer to lowering violent crime, then why is it that in prisons, where there are no guns, violent people and violent crime are still a very regular occurrence. Because anything can be a deadly weapon in the hands of a criminal, and because violent people will be violent. The argument for guns being a tool is perfectly valid. It is a tool and is used to kill, or intimidate, as is any weapon. I personally think that of course as with all things there has to be certain limitations on what level of weapons should be available to the average person. What is a practical use for a nuclear warhead in the hands of the average citizen?, or a grenade? No one is saying these should be legal, but a good handgun or a semi auto rifle does have practical applications for the average person, whether that reason be protection or hunting, or merely an enthusiast that gets pleasure and stress relief from target shooting. Gun limitations are strict enough already, we don't need more.

In CA the Governator signed a new bill that will limit ammunition purchases to a certain amount over a specific time period, like no more than 2 boxes per person per week. As well as requiring logging your ID and thumb print for all ammo purchases, as well as banning all purchases of ammunition over the internet to any CA residents. What a load of HORSE-SHIT!!!

AverageJoe likes this.
  19. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Meth is just a tool, why isnt that legal?

20. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

:roffl: That's no better than Hanks argument as to why aren't Nukes legal. Because there is no PRACTICAL use for them by average citizens. Meth is a tool for the destruction of a human being. It should be classified as a poison. That is why it is not legal.