Forum Announcement Draft

Discussion in 'NAGC' started by ResinRubber, Jan 15, 2011.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Any editing, additions, changes or rewrites are appreciated.

Rky and Joe- I figured we could just use the gk.meetngreet@google.com mailbox from last year. The pw is YAHOOOO! in case you've forgotten.

2. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Looks Good!

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Should we mention anything as yet about menus/meal sign ups??

Or wait until much closer to the event???

Just puttin' it out there!

Hey, I'm a cook...I think about food and the serving of food....even in my sleep!!

*hugs*

Also....I could make up a "Ballot Sheet" and print them up for everyone to vote on the entries....I'm pretty creative at that sort of stuff!!

3. ResinRubber

I'm thinking lets wait until we get a feel for the number of folks. More people requires more detail and different plans than if only a few of us attend. Also, depending on whether we end up at the Lake site or in a cabin will influence how we handle meal prep.

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

:thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

:party5: :party5:

t6

6. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I'm good with all that.

I appreciate all your effort in making this happen again, RR.:bigok: Your a scholar and a one armed gentleman. ;)

GeoKitty - As long as you plan on doing those Panini's (sp) again, I'll be happy.:laugh: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I have a friend who works for the Forest Service out of Fairplay, CO, and she's working on a few additional locations to add to the mix. They actually own www.dopeonaropesoap.com, so that gives you all an idea of how they feel about our favorite plant.:laugh: Good folks!:bigok:

What sort of timeline are we looking at for a decision on a specific location?

I recommend we find out the amount of interested parties before determining the final location. Meaning, if it's just 6 of us going and we decide on the lake spot, then we wouldn't need a pontoon rental. On the other hand if we have 20 people attending we would surely need a pontoon rental to ferry people and supplies back and forth. With more people the added cost of the rental would be minimal.

I also understand financial situations change and any added expense is discouraged, but the ability to pull off the lake trip would be well worth the extra cost.

I'd also recommend we allow people to opt out of the additional cost, for whatever reason. That way it wouldn't be an added pressure that could possibly determine if a member attends or not.

We, as a private committee, would be the only ones who know who actually contributes and how much. That way economic standing wouldn't be a factor and the majority of people would have no clue who contributed and who didn't. Just a thought . . . cuz really a hundred here or there isn't going to kill me and I'd like to have the best possible event we can.:biggrin::ebert:

I think that about covers any thoughts I had in the forefront of my mind. :alienwink: :affro:

This is gonna be a BLAST!

Ohhhh yea, as for the Cup itself; are we going to limit the entries to a single entry per member? Unless only a few of us participate then we could enter two?!?!?! Any thoughts?:ponder:

7. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Oh Hell Ya!! I'll do those yummy Paninis again!!

Got some YUMMY ideas for this next meet n greet!!

How does "Creamy Fire Roasted Tomato Soup & Grilled Havarti & Bacon Paninis" sound??!!!

As to the Cup Entries......what if people grow two or three different strains that they wish to 'boast' about??? Perhaps folks should be able to enter as many strains as they wish????

Dammit!! I'd give anything to be able to grow again!!

I was right proud of my "Arjan's Haze"!!

I coulda been a contender!!!!

"I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it!!"

8. ResinRubber

That's five. Announcement carried.

Rky- I hear you on the pontoon. We should be able to swing something. I'm for emailing out final directions as late as possible to try and control unintended info getting out. But, it would still be nice to get final location sorted out in the next month so we can give descriptions of what folks can expect.

Like we were talking, if it's a small group there are a few cabins and a fire tower that would be cool. I can see a bunch of stoners in a room of windows 100 off the ground blazing and judging buds surrounded by the high peaks. If it's a good sized crew then the lake spot is perfect.

Posting up the announcement now.

9. ResinRubber

I noticed Bigbud falls outside of the join date deadline for the meet and he wants to go. He's fulfilled the garden requirement and if you guys are ok with it I'd like to invite him as a guest. It may set a bad precedent tho so I wanted to run it past the committee. What do you guys think?

10. AverageJoe

:thumbs-up: I'm cool with Bigbud going. He's been a regular poster and has shown a grow or two I think.

There's going to be a lot of people that show interest, and may even commit to going, like last year, but as the time gets closer, they'll start dropping off.

11. AverageJoe

Res, I noticed you pointing out that folks should not post specific routes, but I'm wondering if it's that big of a deal this early on.

I mean it's not like the cops are gonna setup a roadblock and stop every car on Hwy 15 a few days before our meet in hopes of catching Ras on his way to Colorado.

Most of these guys don't know where each other live. If whoever posts up that he's coming from state x and going this route, then others that may want to go will at least know who to contact about a possible ride.

If guys want to post just some general locations and routes right now, so they can coordinate rides and such, that should be okay. But like last year, as the event gets closer, the guys should probably keep exact routes and times quiet, even though I still don't think it would ever be a problem.

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I wasn't planning on posting anything more than that basic route info. That is a pretty vague route description. Anyway I just figured that if someone lived along that route they might be able to carpool with us was all.

13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I agree with JOe and Ras besides this will change a thousand times before anybody gets serious about going anyway!

Teamster6

14. ResinRubber

You guys are right, probably jumped the gun there. I trust Ras to be able to censor himself, it was more for the others that follow who show less common sense.

Ras, T6- Where are you guys on the BigBud thing?

15. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

:rofl: You guy crack me up . . .

I only want to address GeoKitty's point about more than one entry in the cup . . .

I see it as we're each picking OUR BEST to bring to the table, so if we can't narrow it down to a single entry then we don't even know what we think our best bud is.:laugh:

Plus, if a commercial grower has access to 10 GREAT strains and another grower has a single GREAT strain, it would be unfair to have them compete against each other. A single entry of our single best product is my thought. :alienwink: :affro:

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'm good with Bigbud, he's a really sincere nice guy that seems to be pretty stable. I have talked with him on the phone many times now and we are forming a bit of a friendship. He has my vote.

17. ResinRubber

I'm with you Rky. You run what you think is your best bud and take yer chances. Anybody care to wager whether Stash cheats and pulls in a dispensary bud?

18. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Yea whats with the stash claiming he has a orginal join date of 2006?? He comes from a group it looks like so who knows what he would show up with.

Im ok with bb going he seems like a decent guy. Yea one entry jesus I never would make it back!! We would all die of black lung ha ha

Teamster6

19. ResinRubber

He joined May 2005 and was banned in July 2006 then again as StashIsnothappy on the same day. He had a few different personas back around 2005 when the board battles were going on before Herb got everybody under control.

That's why I gave him a pointed joke about an interesting question of which incarnation. Two are no more and banned and the rest have no post count or garden posted. None qualify IMO. I couldn't care less if he came or not...just funnin him along poking at his ego.

20. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Ha ha I would say he's shit outta luck. NO join date, no grow, and not enough posts

[​IMG]

t6