GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 09-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Germinating

AmraK likes being stoned in the corner
Default Ventilation/Setup comments welcomed!!!

Whats up guys? I am just wanting some tips on improvement on my setup before I press start! Any comments are greatly appreciated!!

I am going to explain to you what I have planned :

I am have constructed a grow box in my attic, The construction is done now its time to install fans, lights, etc......
The box is 5.5' Wide x 4' long x 6' height, the side walls have a slight angle to them ( I am using the roof trusses as my grow room wall studs )!
I put osb as my outside walls ( i framed out my box using 2x4s and the existing trusses )
I then put r30 insulation in my inner walls (this stuff isthick, I had to pretty much stuff it in and put the sheetrock on)
The grow box has sheetrock as the inside walls, painted white!
I also sprayed foam insulation in any cracks/gaps I found and lined everything with caulk ( the outside and inside)

I will be using a Digital Greenhouse Dimmable 600 Watt Grow Light, which can run MH & HPS.
I will be growing from seed every grow, so I will veg with the MH and flower with the HPS mode, starting the MH at 25%to50%75%to100%!!
The hood is a easy cool 6 reflector and I will be exhausting the room with the growbright 6" inline fan through my hood so:
*carbon filter -->fan-->light-->Ducting to ridged vent in the top of my attic!

The fans will have a speed controller and a muffler or a DIY fan box, I havent decided which way will be more effective at being stealth, Im GONNA SHOOT FOR NO NOISE FROM FANS. ARE THESE FANs STILL LOUD WITH THE MUFFLER ATTACHED? I HAVENT PLUGGED IT IN YET!!!!

I will be using another growbright 6" inline fan as an intake, tapping into my home HVAC system! I will be able to cool in the summer and heat in the winter running off of my home hvac system, I keep the temp at 70, year round! I will run my intake fan at 50% speed and my exhaust at 100% to create negative pressure!!

I will be growing in soil, with a drip system using greenhouse seed co beans, Kings Kush and Chemdog! I have experience with hydro and soil, I prefer soil...more natural to me

So what do you guys think? I appreciate any comments....

I have a few questions :
Do the fan mufflers really cut the noise out more than the DIY fan box?
Anyone have experience with the Chemdog or Kings Kush from Greenhouse Seed co.???

Thanks again for any suggestions/comments!

AmRaK

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Blazed and Confused

Bigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Im curious as to why you want to create neg pressure? Wont the neg pressure cause undue wear on the fans not to mention suffocate your plants? They need as much fresh air as possible. The rest of the set up sounds TITs man good luck

p.s. make sure your hood and all duct connections are airtightor you will suck stinky air into your exhaust thus negating any benefit of your scrubber.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
King of GrowKind
| My GK Garden |

dlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortaldlr42 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal
Talking

Do you have any pics of the setup? We're a simple bunch and we like pictures.

Peace....

When you live with pain long enough, you no longer feel it. Like a fish in water.

Life is short, break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

JesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er plane

If you want a cheap and easy way to cut fan noise, hang them IN THE BOX THEY CAME IN, cut holes front and back, attach duct lines, then stuff with Rocksill Safe & Sound insulation. I will be soon. See how it goes

"The highway is alive tonight, nobody's fooling nobody as to where it goes. I'm sitting down here in the campfire light, searching for the Ghost of Tom Joad..." RATM
Old 09-17-2011, 04:23 AM
Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THC
Default Sounds like a man with the plan

Just don't have seven fans going...there's no way anyone needs seven fans...especially if two of them are inline. Much more efficient ways to set up things....one inline for fresh air...one inline for light venting...and two oscillating in the grow room is max all you need.

If it's in the attic...why muffle it? I doubt you'd here it anyway. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2011, 06:38 AM
preachin' and pimpin'

nippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Just was reading your post, watch the dimmable ballasts.

I had horrible luck with them and blowing bulbs. Hortilux says not to dim their bulbs at all, that it will not put out the correct spectrum.

Looking foward to the pics

Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofo View Post
Unless your grow has 7-600w in a 25'x5' attic . kids...

You want a neg pressure in any grow so the stink dosnt get out . It wont have any effect on the fans . Use an inline to exhaust and keep a passive intake .
Small attic...all the more reason to not have seven fans...two 10" or 12" in-lines vent those hoods easily...Add in a couple fans to move the canopy...with all that firepower if could cancel out a fresh air intake fan...it's in the attic so those in-lines should pull in enough fresh air. Just my .02 take it for what it's worth.