Ufc

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by CanadianDAN, Jun 12, 2006.

1. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Anyone else watch UFC religiously?

I fucking love it. I watch every single PAYPERVIEW and the REALITY show on SPIKE TV thurdsay nights at 10pm est.

Heres good ol BAS RUTTEN teahcing selfdefense for the bar fighters.

http://dailysixer.com/basrutten.shtml

Hes no joke, when i first started watching UFC i seen him kick the shit outta this guy....

Kevin Randleman. He might not be the best fighter but hes fucking huge and he can jump higher than the top of the octagon!!!
    http://img1.sports.krs.yahoo.com/fighter/person/big/personImage_00000837.jpg

Just thought id post this bas rutten video for those who enjoy a good fight.

2. outdoor love

outdoor love Begun Flowering

hell yes im a ufc junky!! i also never miss a fight if i can help it, but the ultimate fighters on the spike show are getting a little soft. ive seen my chickens fight harder than some of those guys, but for the most part, most of those guys are warriors. cant wait for ken and tito/and silva and arvloski fight to come on!! i want to see shamrock beat the hell outa tito, but its harder said than done, and i got 50 riding on silva, so i hope i win, if i dont, by the time i pay to watch the fight and lose 50 it will cost me almost 100$. but its well worth it.

3. StashDaCash

StashDaCash Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Big fan of UFC and all MMA.........

4. CanadianDAN

Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock............im going for TITO.

Tim Sylvia vs Andre Arlovski...........im going for TIM.

Im happy that this year the ONE canadian fighter actually made it to the semi finals. Sucks that his rib was fratured of broken.

There is a guy that trains here in my city called JEFF JOSLIN. Hes tough as nails i wonder why they wont accept his application for the show??

Look him up he has a great website and a 3Dimensional feature that shows you his studio.

5. StashDaCash

Tito and Andre...never been a big fan of Shamrock...

6. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Man Tito is going to smash shamrock and probably even worse than before. I have to go for andre cause man he's gotta last longer this time he better block those head shots better this time!

7. StashDaCash

yeah i think Tito is the better fighter...But Any given sunday man

8. drexell200

drexell200 Guest

tito

go shamrock killm

9. StashDaCash

that was almost a sentence

10. CanadianDAN

If youve been following this seasons ULTIMATE FIGHTER on spike, you'll notice that KEN didnt bring a JIU JITSU coach or a CARDIO COACH, and those two things alone are the most important im MMA. If you got no jiu jitsu all at, youre gonna get smashed if you end up on the ground. And cardio, well thats self explanitory.

Ken brought neither of these important areas to his fighters. Im sure they have all trained before in both. But when youre locked in a house with 15 other guys and NO TV, NO MAGAZINES, NO COMPUTER, NO CELL PHONES.....NOTHING but you them and your bed, you start to slack.

Tito brought both coaches and has his guys doing CARDIO like theres no tomorrow. Now notice how Almost every fight has gone to TITOs team. Kens team gets tired way too fast and cant keep up.

So i mean, before watching the REALITY SHOW i didnt like TITO cause he seemed like an overconfident showboater (which i fucking hate). But after watching how he is as a person not in the octagon and how much he actually cares about other people (including taking the deaf guy under his wing) made me realize that He is a good person and a smart person. HE admits that he cries and its human, and that alone coming from a top notch UFC fighter goes to show you that he has emotions as well and is not a blood thirsty fighter. Ken is a tool. No cardio, no jiu jitsu, no motivation, and plenty of insults that are unessecary.

GO TITO. SMASH HIS FUCKING FACE IN AGAIN! :mad:

[​IMG]

11. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Love it but we don't get it over here. I used go to the underground fighting matches in China, very brutal, lots of money changin hands. Too many people die in the ring so authorities are clampin down these days.

12. CanadianDAN

"QUICK" Mike Swick season 2 ultimate fighter.

[​IMG]

This was on his mysapce page and i thought it was pretty cool.

[​IMG]

13. jwmoregon

jwmoregon Full Flowering

I won't spend the money for Tito and Shamrock. I'm waiting for Hughes and GSP again...IMO, that's going to be a fantastic match up. Love both those guys, very, very tough..And of course Franklin...Fastest growing sport right now.

14. skunky

I want to see forest's next fight that dude is fucking nuts man he gets the shit beat out of him and it makes him fight even harder and then ussually comes out on top.

15. rtyree

rtyree Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I'd like to fight Shamrock

16. CanadianDAN

Gorges St Pierre is a beast. A Canadian BEAST !!!!! WOOOO!!!

Anyways his last fight on CANADA vs USA pay per view he fought BJ PENN.

BJ busted up georges face pretty bad but georges won! It was a kick ass fight.

Then there was Rich Franklin vs David Loiseau. David has razorblade elbows but couldnt get anywhere nea franklin. Rich Franklin is tough as nails. To bad he always mentions the bible being his strength, but hey whatever floats your boat.

17. halfbreed420

halfbreed420 Begun Flowering

Yeah, I'm a UFC/Pride/K-1/KOTC retard. If it's MMA I'll watch it. Shit, I'd watch grannies banging it out MMA style. I spend money on every fucking PPV and I have an extensive DVD collection with nearly all UFC's and KOTC box sets. I really want to train BJJ but I can't afford it right now with my weed habit.

I do favor Pride more than UFC but Georges St. Pierre is not only my favorite fighter but my favorite athlete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5DReuVWGPg&search=georges%20st%20pierre

18. skunky

So would you watch MMA "Friday night sissy fights, All gay boxing!"

19. outdoor love

outdoor love Begun Flowering

george st. pierre is the only fighter in the ufc at 185 that has a chance of beating matt hughes. st pierre is probly my fav too, next to mh ofcourse. i just got done watching the semi finals on spike, and the ppv fight will be great! i got my money on ed and bisping. also kenny florian is fighting on the ppv! he doesnt get alot of credit, but he is realy good. kenny is a warrior and is one of my favorite not so famous fighters. he is gonna kill that other chump!! cant wait!! its killin me!!! aaaaaahhhhh gotta smoke one and calm down!!!!

20. halfbreed420

halfbreed420 Begun Flowering

Well, if it's boxing then it's not MMA. If it's MMA, even if it were homosexual MMA (Who's to say there are no homosexual MMA fighters?) I would watch it. If the rules allow punches to the face with MMA "baby gloves", choking out your opponant, knees to the face, elbows to the face, I'll watch. If there's some striking, some BJJ, some wrestling, some ground n pound, I'll watch. So I guess my answer is yes, I would watch Friday night sissy fights MMA.

BTW, what channel does it come on?