Link to NORML election results 2012 legalization

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ResinRubber, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

http://blog.norml.org/2012/11/06/norml-election-night-2012-live/

We should all be tracking this page tonight. 6 states have ballot measures concerning cannabis. 3 of them to recognize full legalization for adult use. As I type this Washington state, Colorado and Oregon all have legalization in the lead with Massachusetts passing med use.

Puffing wildly hoping these carry.:bong-2:

edit: Results: (OH MY FUCKING GAWD!)

YES vs NO

Oregon (Polls CLOSED): 57% to 43%(9% of the vote)

Washington (Polls CLOSED): 55% YES to 45% NO (49% of the vote)

Colorado (Polls CLOSED): 53% to 47% (36% of the vote) NORML PROJECTS VICTORY

Massachusetts (Polls CLOSED): 63% to 37% (82% of the vote) - NORML PROJECTS VICTORY

Arkansas (Polls CLOSED): 48% YES to 52% NO (60% counted)

Montana (Polls CLOSED): --

Michigan (Polls CLOSED): -- DETROIT PROPOSAL M (Decrim) 65% YES 35% NO (1% of the vote)

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

hot damn my have to relocate lol

3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

NOOOOO! Washington is fucked now!

Say hello to more people in jail because of the driving drugged law.

4. ResinRubber

Always was illegal. Just quantifiable now. May be a benefit for accident reporting and impaired driving tho. Previously, any cannabis metabolite found in the blood stream of a vehicle accident victim allowed cannabis to be included as a cause for the accident. Now at the very least we have a barometer indicator or what actually constitutes "impaired" when using cannabis.

5. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I will be in Wa. state today, just live a stones throw away. Gonna be

looking for people toking in public. ( out of sheer curiosity)

BBT

6. Discorilla

There have been a few tests done with these laws though.

I'll find the exact study, but in one of them... Daily using cannabis patients were asked to clean out for a month, and come into a facility to be supervised for a week. During this time, alcohol wasn't even allowed. They had to be clean!

What they were finding, is that random tests were showing positive throughout the week. Even though the patients were clean, and forced to be so. Even towards the end of that week, people were randomly coming up dirty.

Their conclusion, was that a medical patient would never be able to pass the test, and that even someone who was using 3 or 4 times a week... could show up dirty, once the THC in the fat cells was re-activated. This is why you sometimes feel high, when you are run down. It's the un-used THC getting metabolized.

The other issue this sets up, is probable cause. Now, if you do anything to get pulled over, it will be considered probable cause by itself. Speeding could get you this DUI, even though stoners drive slower stereotypically.

7. ResinRubber

Whole heartedly agree on the poor science behind it. But at least now there are minimum thresholds where there were none before. Previously ANY trace was cause for DUI or accident reporting.

I'l contest the "feel high while your run down" thing. It's the same relation as "acid" flashbacks. The belief is that the flashback phenomena is caused by relating a common natural sensation to an induced sensation that only an acid user would have an associative recall with. The amount of thc retained in fat cells is enough to give bad tests but not enough to trigger noticeable euphoria.

8. Discorilla

Yeah, I've never had euphoria from being run down.

I have felt a good indica, knock you on your ass kinda high, though. Almost comparable to eating an edible.

With me, that could have been residual, though. I eat a lot of weed for my stomach issues. AKA Crohn's Disease.