Man cave grow

Discussion in 'DIY' started by michaeldank, Aug 8, 2009.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Looks good MDank. Only thing that caught my eye was the fan and intended shroud. I wouldn't block the airflow in anyway. Since it's just a computer fan even the redirection caused by downward vent will cause a drastic reduction in airflow.

Nice job.

cheers,

2. michaeldank

michaeldank Begun Flowering

Thank you. I will figure something out. ripped right now. Plotting my closet. So many deals near me, complete 400w hps electronic ballast bulb reflector 200$ including a warrenty. I am in need of an hps light, fan and scrubber and I will have a beginers setup for some marijuana! Grrr..I want to order seeds right NOW.

3. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Have you checked the inside cabinet temp with it closed and lit up?

4. michaeldank

Felt like low to mid eighties after being on all night. This is me doing a hand temp check *accurate normally within 2 degrees anyone can do it with practice* That was with one normal 60w buld and a 45w cfl.

5. HappyHappyHighGuy

The airflow will be cut down after adding containers and plants. I assume you're planning on exhausting with a powerful fan into the attic eventually?

Think about using flurescent tubes instead of cfl for vegging. They run cooler and spread the light out.

6. michaeldank

This particular chamber will just vent in to the room. The CLOSET will be vented to the attic. The cabinet is not very large, the fan is sucking out enough air to keep it flowing. I hope.

7. HappyHappyHighGuy

Le Skunk!

Are you going to scrub the veg cab exhaust so your house doesn't smell like Pepe le Pew?

8. michaeldank

Huh, both strains my brother and I have worked with have not smelled in the veg state. I had planned on carbon filtering the budding area. If it comes to it I will put some form of smell protection on. Figure I wont need it till I bud.

9. michaeldank

Now I am nervouse. I made a seperate veg cabinet, but did not anticipate not flowering plants smelling, now I read some can, alot. I have purchased nothing for scrubbing yet, still setting up the flower room. I will just have to wait and see how it goes. Can open the window in the room, and keep the door closed till I get it locked down.

10. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

What I did & I don't know if you will be able to is I have one of my intake vents for my flower room pulls air from the veg room to the flower room then through the carbon filter.-Bud

11. michaeldank

Its going to have to be a deal with it or do it situation, the buffet is far away from the closet, so not much hope there. I will just have to see how badly it smells before I invest in two carbon filters. Keep it coming folks, don't want to get blindsided.

12. HappyHappyHighGuy

You can make this filter to slide over the pc fan...

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34746

michaeldank likes this.
  13. michaeldank

Hey that is fucking awesome. Looks like it would work just fine in my buffet! Soon as I get some plants in there I will go by the materials. Thanks friend!

14. HappyHappyHighGuy

You may need 2 fans/filters, but you won't know until you try it with just 1. Good luck!

15. michaeldank

So I found a really nice 150w hps with reflector hood with a good grow bulb in it for 60 bones, I pick it up wednesday. Going to have to build a signifigantly scaled down version of my idea, but will allow me to get everything down pat! I am so excited.

16. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

I'd say before you go to canada to buy clones, get your card and go meet up for coffee with other "activist patients" if you will. I try to meet about once a month with people in my area for coffee, herbs and chit chat just to stay in touch, but a helping hand from one of those local groups was also what got me started off. and if that's not workin for ya, it's also possible to get clones through a dispensary.

i wouldn't recommend trying to bring anything marijuana related across national borders... remember that card protects you in washington state, not from the canadians and definitely not from the feds along the border. and trafficking any amount of marijuana across a border is a big felony as I understand it.

17. michaeldank

Still in the process of getting my recommendation, there is not a card in Washington from what I can tell, no registry, so I am not sure how i would locate other groups in my area. Maybe I will look online. So for right this second, I am treating my symptoms and having fun illegally anyway, might as well get some really quality gentetics that I can grow from seed, no risk of pests from other gardens, and adds some genetic diversity to my garden. I was just hoping to get seeds from Canada, not clones. I was going to get a clone from my brother, but now I think I will just start with some seeds I am ordering and go from there. Thank you though, I expect to have my recomendation within the month, so I will look in to that.

18. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

I have seen a card here in WA. I have a co-worker who got one and came in to work jumping up and down and passing the card around. Too bad he's an ass. I severely doubt his claims of necessity... But I have seen a fairly official looking card.

If you have a safe address...order rather than transport. Greater chance of losing your order...less cost, less risk. I have not done the canadian thing but I brought seeds back from the Dam. When we went through customs in Detroit...they said..."is that cheese?" we said yes...they said "have a nice day".

I turned to my partner and said "why the fuck do I have these seeds up my ass?". Worked great...just tough to plan that trip as often as I want new genetics.

Dr. Chronic man...10 days or less.

Grat

19. michaeldank

I am sure some agency's that facilitate getting your recommendation also provide a card showing you are legal, giving numbers who to call etc in case of police contact. What I meant was you don't need it, a note written from a doctor with his contact information is sufficient for legal defense. Seeds in the ass, that is SO fucking hilarious man. I planned to do just that of course. I will be ordering Dr. Cronic, because as you said, he has AK in and I really want it. I get my light in two days, most likely place my order then too. Thanks again. More updates to come.

20. HappyHappyHighGuy

You can buy seeds in Vancouver