2 questions

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by choker, Jul 7, 2008.

1. choker

choker HIDING OUT

I seen where i can buy a fan with lets say 450cfm for $300.00 and 1 with 450 cfm for $89.95 Cfms are cfms so there should not be a diiference with air flow is that correct? I figure the $300.00 1 is more quite, per haps smaller and so forth.

Foxfarm ocean forest. I had a problem with my ph last go around. If i put 1 cup of lime per bag of soil can this do harm in any way? Or will it just do good?

2. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Not definitive...

Choker, the other factor on the fans that you may want to check is the rating for back pressure. I could get a small 4" squirl cage fan that is rated at 100CFM and a 120mm PC fan with the same CFM rating. It's all about the back pressure.

On the Lime, I'm pretty sure El C said 2Tbps per gal of soil so 1 cup to a bag should certainly be safe. "They" all seem specify that it's Dolomitic Lime you want. (I'm pretty sure I had pH issues w/ FFOF too, I switched back to Roots Organics soil rather than figuring out what went wrong)

Good Growing

Grat

3. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

yes FFoF needs dolomite lime i don't mix per bag when i transplant i mix in about a teaspoons worth in every pot and that 1 gallon pots. Mix it around in the soil for nice dispersion. DSP

4. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

5. choker

choker HIDING OUT

What is a good cheap fan? Lets say 450 cfm or so

6. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

No such thing. You either get a good fan or you get a cheap fan. Unless of course you happen across a good stolen fan cheap, but in the everyday world if you want something of good quality you normally have to pay the price.

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Yeah!! Ppl discard all sort's of stuff, while walking along, filling a bowl.

Keep Your Eye's Open!!

8. choker

choker HIDING OUT

OH Ok thanks for the help.