Am I missing peak potency?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by RKinG, Sep 28, 2011.

1. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Alrighty GK. This the skinny. I will be at two months flower on October 7th with 4 plants. Two twilight and two burmese kush. I was reading an article outta this last months high times about potency and the milky trichomes. I am looking real sugary and cant find my scope. I feel like I have an abuncance of amber hairs which indicates a loss of potency correct? I am only a few days into flushing though. So what you all think. Wait to the two month mark or asap?

burmese kush

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

twilight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. neoublie1987

neoublie1987 Germinating

looks done to me.flush for another day or two morning and night.then stop watering and keep the plants in complete darkness.if you keep the plants in the dark and cut off watering for 48 hrs the buds will be more potent and colorful when you harvest!!

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Go to radio shack and buy a scope, i think they are like $12.00 so you can see the trics.

I would think you are done or may have a small issue because of the dieing leaves in the bud.

Looks great BTW

4. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

You got any proof of that? Why would this increase potency?

Orange hairs are not indicators of potency. Ive seen plants go 100% orange at 5 weeks and the trichs where all clear. I would only use hair colour as a rough guide. Just flush for another week or so, I dont think this will effect your potency at all.

The other thing to think about it the stone your require. Plant cut early with a high percentage of milky trich will give you a more "up" high. Let it go longer and get a high percentage of amber trichs and the stone will become more "stoney". This may be what you mean by potency.

5. nippie

Good advice, don't ever go by hairs or how sugary it looks.

I would double check your buds though and make sure no issues are going on with the dead leaves. Sometimes it's nothing, others can be sign of rot.

10-15 amber is awesome btw!!! nice mix of the two, I usually let one or two go for an extra 4-7 days after the rest are chopped to get my "night cap" so to speak

6. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

This was my BK main cola leaf. What you all think? Best i could do with my camera and scope. Thanks.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

I think the dying leaves were a chemical problem i introduced, if you follow my frow log, early and have since corrected. leaves be crinkiling up and falling off now though that im flushing.

8. neoublie1987

neoublie1987 Germinating

thc levels are highest when trichs are clear-milky white.usually right around beggining of harvest cycle.

as thc degrades it becomes cbd/cbn.

as trichs fade into darker amber colors the thc is actually degrading and turning to cbn/cbd

thc gives you the rushier "sativa" effects while cbd/cbn adds more of a body buzz or "stoned" feeling.

The earlier you cut your garden down,the higher levels of thc compared to cbd/cbn

so harvesting your meds is really up to the desired effect you want.

Ive read that you cant tell only by pistil coloration.but you want bout 50% pistils colored

but usually when 20-25% of the trichromes are amber color.

Majority should be clear-milky white

9. nippie

Actually I kinda recall that, I just always worry when you see it in the bud because I dealt with some indoor mold issue earlier in the year and everyone seems to be dealing with bud rot lately.

I would agree that's normal for fan leaves.

I hate to say it but you may have a couple more weeks from the look. It seems that there are plenty of clear trichs. It could be the pictures but it does look like you are just turning milky; you would have a better view than any of us. If so you may 10-14 days left unless you going for a full amber glow out, then about a mth.

I can't really tell but are those ambers in the middle pic? If so that may change those dates.

Fine looking girl though, whats your guess on the weight? about 3.5 - 4

10. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

No way to know for sure till you sample at week 6 7 8 etc....

At least thats how i choose my keepers

Of course its strain dependent

@ 6 weeks a sativa or s-dom will be shit but certain indicas will rock

good luck

11. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

picture

Looks plenty amber to me. finish the flush and cut her...do not cut her before you finish the flush...the risk reward is just not there...I'm sure you won'd mind losing a little potency as long as your buds taste and burn excellently.