Best outdoor strains?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by thagetter, Oct 12, 2007.

1. thagetter

thagetter dammit son!

I am thinking of using Dr. Chronic for my seeds next year. I don't know which seeds or strains will grow best outdoors in east TX. I am looking for good yeild and very potent with a good taste. Climate is hot during summer and humidity is high. Soil is sandy and has a lot of red clay mixed in. I am doing well with what I have grown so far I just don't know what I am growing.

2. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

outdoor....

That all depends on your taste...and patience...and space. I would think that down there(how long is your growing season?), you don't have to worry about frost as early as some of us, so you're pretty lucky ...you have a lot bigger variety to try. Do you amend your soil at all? It would help the structure of your soil to add some sort of organic compost or plant material into it; make it nice and loamy. :) Have fun!

3. AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe Begun Flowering

i recomend durban poison...peace az

4. thagetter

thagetter dammit son!

well my seaon is long i plant in march and im taking them in in october-early november i do fertilize and help out the soil i just need to make sure if dr chronic sends me something it will live and produce here.

5. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Outdoor strains...

As long as it gets the nutrients, temperature and light, it will produce anywhere....people grow it in cups!!!!!!!Obviously you want to try to find one with a shorter season...Indica...but if you like a different high, you could try a Mostly Indica....there are so many to pick from...I couldn't possibly recommend any. I have no idea what your tastes are. Go to your seed site. Pick 12 that sound yummy, then do a little judging by looks, flowering length, yield,etc... Narrow it down to a final few. It's that easy. Are you planting right in the ground, or are you starting indoors and transplanting? It would give you little head start...IMO.:beerchug:

6. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

El Camp, this ones for you :qbluewacko:

But here are my 2cents: With that long of a growing season, you can grow anything that is suited for outdoors. But our below the border friend El Camp should have some strain suggestions, as he grows in a hot and humid environment too :)

7. thagetter

thagetter dammit son!

thanx

any more suggestions of the best reliable place to get my seeds would be greatly appreciated , i dont like getting burnt -hey el camp=could you give some names of some high yield good tasting potent variaties .

8. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

yOU are in the place to do really well with a Sativa.

hot and humid can very well make you wish you had not selected an Indica.

assuming you can do this without drawing attention to your grow, of course....

as already stated, your native soil just ain't going to cut it....you'll need to dig out a space at least as big as a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with good stuff.

I have only ordered seeds a couple of times....bought ReeferMan's seeds and would not recommend his shit to anyone.

bought Nirvana and was really happy with all that I tried. from my experience, you get what they claim and they're cheap....as far as which company to order from, I can't help you there.

I've been breeding my own for a while now

9. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

oh, hello, you only said it in the first post....

Oops...sorry, I was thinking of somewhere else...Camp's right.(....I get about a 6 month window outdoors...lucky you...).:thebirdman: :laughing6:

10. AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe Begun Flowering

great sativa here....peace az