Ghosts of Gettysburg Trip

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by lukesmommy, May 10, 2010.

1. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Hey GK Family!

We just got back from a long weekend trip to Gettysburg, where we stayed at the famously haunted Cashtown Inn.

It was a pretty amazing experience all the way around.

I personally saw 2 full bodied apparitions, and the bf saw one too! We caught some awesome things in our pictures there as well.

I wanted to get this thread started, as I love to hear about everyone else's ghostly experiences, but I still have to upload my pics... So with that said, tell your ghost stories here please!

I'll be back to post my pics soon, and to share our ghostly stories with you all as well!

Peace

-LM

2. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Holy shit I am surprised you stuck around to take pictures. My ass would have been out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

sorry its all bs

lm i hate to say thats all bs...not sure what you saw or what happened but there is a logical explanation...

NO SUCH THINGS AS GHOSTS ( just ask Don Knotts; lol)

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Have a weird one from about 3 years ago.

My ex-wife and I went to a B&B near our home town that was supposed to have hauntings. I'm a skeptic and figured it was just a marketing ploy but thought the time alone would do us good.

That night we went to dinner at a rural supper club and got into a horrible fight. I walked 4 miles back to the Inn in frigid cold. Of course I was perfect and she was completely in the wrong. :roffl: :roffl: Sort of. Once arriving back and still being angry I took my book and chose to sleep on the floor. Froze my goddamned ass off.

About 2am I was still reading and cussing to myself when the bedcovers flew up off the bed into a heap at the foot of the bed. My wife woke up tossed a few choice words and then realized I hadn't moved. By the time the sun came up she was so freaked we left before breakfast. I just figured even the ghost thought she was being an unreasonable ***** and was taking my side.

What was in your pics LM?

5. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

ok so here are some of the pics... unfortunately, i can't post all of them because we are in some of them... :( but here are some snapshots of orbs in our room, and a mysterious fog that appearred in some of our pics:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

and this just made me laugh, so i took a pic of it:

[​IMG]

There are more pics in my gallery for those interested, of the tour of the battle fields.

We heard footsteps numerous times coming up to our room, and we were on the top floor by ourselves, so there were no other guests on our floor. You could also feel the footsteps through the floor vibrations too! We also felt the sofa vibrate several times, as well as the bed, and experienced cold spots throughout our room. We saw a ghost person walking through their parking lot at 2am the first night we were there, and by the time i grabbed the camera, they were gone! We both saw this "ghost" vanish into thin air! CREEPY!!! And, as far as the orbs go, they were in almost every pic! And we used 2 different camera's, so it def wasn't dust on the lens... weird. Then the second night we were there, i heard someone talking in the hallway at about 11:30 pm, so i opened the door and there was no one there... went downstairs to check it out and the voices stopped when i got to the main floor! Then, i took a shower, and came out to get dressed and the chair and foot stool had been moved literally out into the middle of the room... It was an awesome, but scary experience.

Rocky- post the pics from my grow thread in here if you wouldn't mind... they gave me the creeps- BIG TIME!!!

Peace

-LM

6. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

***Moved from other thread***

I can freak myself out pretty easily.

I'm very excited to see a new thread about ghosts or haunts.

I recently took a trip up Gold Camp Road, and got quite startled by what we saw . . . I even have pics . . . This pic of from inside a pitch dark tunnel after 1am and noone else saw this and it was totally and completely gone just a few hours later.

The legend say that a school bus full of kids were crushed in a tunnel collapse and their bloody hand prints can sometimes be clearly seen on the tunnel walls. http://www.goldcamproad.com/

Well, we thought it was all a big joke and took this pic, thinking it was someone we went with, but they all deny it still to this day, even to the point of getting pissed of that I kept accusing them of doing such a cool prank. I'm sure it wasn't anyone we knew, and it would have had to be someone willing to get a real messy interior of their car and themselves.

There was no drips or puddles on the ground, just what you see and maybe a couple inches out of the pic.

It was raining/snowing and not a very good night to be out in the weather, so I doubt anyone else was willing to venture out in the cold, wet weather.

We then went back up the following morning, just 5 hours later, to find something a friend lost in the dark.

There wasn't ANY sign of this being washed off the wall and it doesn't look like it could have just disappeared. It's still a mystery to me and everyone I know.

There's alot of other circumstances surrounding the people on the trip and other things, that make me VERY confident noone I knew did this.

Very strange!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crazy shit for sure.

I swear to GOD this is as serious as I can humanly imagine. No JOKE!

back and I hope you and the B/F had a wonderful weekend!

7. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Ha Ha rocky that shit in your pictures sure does not look like the pictures on the site link. Kinda looks like the real thinnnnnnnnnng!

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

8. ncmaineac

ofo

lol..you've got to be kidding me...if your walls bleed fix your roof...lol....in the last 100 years there is not 1 confirmed ghost...not 1 sighting of a loved one that is dead...not one...the thing i like are the guys that are on tv..that claim they are talking to the dead...they ask a group of peeps questions until one pops up as an answer...like " anyone have a relative that the names starts with an A...like amber or adrian...lol..that kills me..

i love the stories of what some of you folks believe though....i guess its soimething to do...

9. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

That sounds like Plasma Ofo! Look it up- google it, and it will tell you about it, and for the german sounding language, that would scare the crap outta me! YIKES!!!

Rocky, those pics are just plain disturbing! Thanks for sharing!

Anyone else had any "experiences"???

Peace

-LM

10. I have a vivid memory of seeing a man in a hardhat walking up my basement stairs one night when I was about 7. I wouldnt step a foot in the basement till I was damn near 14-15 and it still creeps me out to this day

I really wish I could post some other stories, where I grew up there was a pretty well know haunted cemetery, I know it is on a few of the "top 10" lists. I have experienced things there that to this day give me the chills whenever I think of them.

11. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Look out LM, there's a crash test dummy ghost sneaking up behind you!

:yikes: :yikes2:

[​IMG]

:ty: for sharing!

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Ok.

My gut instict tells me that Rocky's pics. are bs (no offense).

Again, no offense, but I don't care if you use 20 or 200 dif. cameras, but cloudy (trichs anyone?) obs can easily be explained-away as dust particles in the air. Colored obs hold alittle more water.

Cashtown is cool. I saw a sign leaving, but it was in the opposite direction. Apparently alot of sightings. That's where the confuckerates amassed prior to and during the war. Another place for treating the dead & wounded.

Last yr. on my BD (rare that it didn't rain/ HOT), Mort & I drove down. Tour buses and dickheads everywhere (I stopped taking Mort out, as the city slickers all looked terrified!!!)!!!

One place that I was able to let him run (twice/doubled around before we left/smoked 1/2 each time) was Spanglers Woods.

Never saw anything, but I did have a wierd feeling. SW's is where the c's launched thier last and final assault.

I may drive down soon, arriving during sunset.

My last nursing position was about 5 yrs. ago, at an OLD hospital (1/2 'new'). Pics downstairs of horse-drawn ambulances!!! Place built in an 'L' Added on to form an "H". I worked on the new section (MED/SURG, if that means anything). I've heard enough about the ppl in the JerrryChair (we've always had 2-3 atat), pointing at the same fucking spot, say that they're/they've children.

Anyhoos...

one night, I get 'plulled' and I'm on 'the old side'. My nurse aid and I have a few in 1 hall and a few in the other. I'm loooking for her. There's only pt's in the 1st 1-3 rooms, around the corner of the nurses station.

As I walked into the 1st door on the R, I see a 'white' figure to my L, like someone went from room-to-room, 1/2 way up the hall. Not wanting to freak the guy, I told him that I was looking for my cohort and I think I spotted her. As I was walking up the hallway, I 'knew'. I went in the room, checked under both of the beds & the br. Nobody.

I went right over to my 'old stomping grounds' and was like: "I just saw....A...." They laughed and told me that I've just seen the '3B Ghost'!!!

13. RkyMtnWayHigh69

We drove through this tunnel and the other one just about 2 hours before this pic and we again drove through the tunnel in the morning, to find something one of our team dropped. Both times, what you see in the pics WERE NOT THERE!

We walked around in the tunnels looking for handprints and laughing and joking, because we were all just having fun.

KeyLi and I are the only people out of the 5 cars that drove through the tunnel to see that shit, so I took a pic, then I was scared something would grab my hand, so I pulled it inside and sped away. LOL

The rest of our group was just ahead of us, we saw their taillights in the fog, just before we saw the handprints.

There were other VERY strange things that happened that night, but I only have the proff of a pic for this one.

I've sort of just accepted the fact that this was the doing of either local kids, bringing life to the stories, or it was some other local playing around with the "tourist", ghost hunters. It was LATE at night and it was snowing and raining and very foggy. I know I'd stay home if I didn't have to be there.:laugh:

I would LOVE to go to Gettysburg someday. I have a lot of ancestors that fought in the Civil War, Yankees. Probably some that fought there.

I love history and Gettysburg is the place for history! I'm totally into the way that the Civil War paved the way for todays much more fair racial equality . . . worldwide. It showed the rest of the world that a nation could and would be divided by slavery, and it also showed that people can do great thing in face of adversity.

But, I digress!:laugh:

Great topic LM, I love all the pics. I'm off to view your gallery now. ;)

Thanks for sharing. ;) :ebert:

14. RkyMtnWayHigh69

MrAstro, I'm just telling you EXACTLY what I saw and the circumstances around it are yours to determine. I have 15 people that were with our group and noone else saw this except KeyLi and I?

Our entire group drove right past this same spot just seconds before we did and after we showed them the pics, a few of us decided to return since a member of our group lost her coordinates to a Geocache she placed uo the trial. So, we had to go back and get the coords before going home, so it was very early and the spot on the wall was totally and completely gone.

I'm not saying I believe it was the bloody handprints of children long since dead. I'm just relating to you EVERYTHING I have to determine what it was . . .

I too think was a prank someone was playing on us or someone else, but how and why was it totally gone just a few hours later, and why did noone else see it but us?

Strange, but not BS on my end . . . It's a REAL mystery to me and everyone I was with.

:biggrin::ebert:

15. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I'm a believer

I have a K2 meter, infrared thermometer and evp recorder. The coolest (and most expensive) tool is a FLIR camera. Wish I could afford one.

Orbs don't usually mean anything unless they are moving around erratically.

16. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Thanks for checin in HHHG!

The only time we saw an orb moving around the room with our own eyes (not just in the pic) was this one:

[​IMG]

The white orb you can see on the ceiling beam in this pic was visibal in our room, so something was goin on there...

I personally don't have any ghost hunting tools, but the Flir is my favorite to see used as well!

Do you have any ghost stories to share???

Peace

-LM

17. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I've seen atleast 4 differant ghosts in my lifetime, a few were family...

But to all the folks out there who say NO WAY!!!! Think again.....

Do you agree that people have energy??? Souls?? Ever have Deja-vu??? Ever feel like you've been here before?? Ever feel like you did this before?

There is scientific and actualy measurements of differant people having more or less energy than the next person.....hence their abilities to connect

An A person and a B person live 2 differant lives, so theres always the NO WAY guy and the HELL YEA guy......its law of nature, Darwin...

I've lived and been brought up in a exceptionally chaotic life, beyond expression................I live thru vibes and pure feelings most of the time.......trust me.....we are NOT the only creatures that connect

18. RkyMtnWayHigh69

This thread is kick ass.

LM, I've never seen an orb or anything clearly visible with my naked eye. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I saw that thing floating around my room. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to sleep.:laugh: I scare very easy . . .:roll:

I think the whole "ghost hunting" thing is just a "faith" thing. If you don't believe, your not likely to notice as much as someone who is more aware. I think I've become less aware. :(

I totally agree with Chriscrete.

As a child I was WAY more "connected", to whatever it is we and other creatured, connect to.

I used to be able to tell when someone was going to call. I'd think of that person, for no reason, then the phone would ring and it would be the person I had just thought of. Seems menial, but it's an easy way to relate some of the other things I feel happen around us all the time. Everyday, everywhere!

19. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

In Honor of Rocky, since I was a bit of a dick.

I believe in handprints, it's just that the bloody ones immediately looked too 'theatrical'.

I used to drive by this place daily, taking Astro swimmming in the river (big white water rafting launch site). I've always wanted to stop and could kick myself now.

http://www.thecobrasnose.com/xxghost/handprint.html

20. ncmaineac

i am not trying to be a dick

but do you guys really believe there may be ghosts...???? do you believe in the devil as well..or angels, how about the bible...???

i dont mean to step on any toes...but really!!!

ps rocky you seem to logical to believe in this stuff...