Rick Perry Mellows on Pot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Psycho D, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Well....in other interesting news I never thought I'd hear.......

[​IMG]

http://news.yahoo.com/rick-perry-mellows-pot-111000999--politics.html

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

This is the new standard though IMHO.All candidates are gonna advocate MJ in some way

I saw the Title to this thread and instantly thought "surprise surprise,yet another Politician decides to come out in favour of sensible Cannabis Reforms only AFTER the Tide has started to turn due to those Politicians who dared to be POLITICALLY INCORRECT and risk Career suicide by getting of the fence and advocating legalising a 'drug' and sensibly approaching the failed drug war on cannabis. I was just thinking "here we go,another Johnny-Come-Lately Politician who wants to secure re-election.":jerk:

But then i read this-->

.... and for once i thought "wow' date='a genuine politician speaking out albeit late in the game"[/color']
    But then Reality kicked in:icon_rolleyes::5sigh:... --->

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

As a sidebar, kind of;

So let's stop for minute and figure out who's bread he's really buttering. In truth Perry could give a shit. It's in his record as a hard liner. Now, only after cannabis has demonstrated a viable constituency among conservative Libertarians (who happen to steal Repub votes at the polls), does he move. Then it's only after he's ensured the profitability of doing so is guaranteed for a select few and funded by yet more tax dollars, or, more active seizures on those convicted of anything more than minor amounts of most likely less than an ounce. Get caught selling even a joint and yer still gonna lose your property.

Do you guys know what happens in most States if you don't complete your Court mandated treatment program? The charges escalate into felony or Gross Misdemeanor territory with Bench Warrants. Those both hold possible jail time.

It's like saying everybody who has sipped a drink needs rehab. What a fuckin' farce.

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

5. ResinRubber

Dude, I'm always saying "follow the $$" for a reason. A politician of his ilk and magnitude does NOTHING without first ensuring somebody gets paid or it buys a few votes. In this case it does both.

6. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Perry's a prick. I met him once a couple years ago. Fucker wouldn't even shake my hand.

AP, I think you're right about TX. If it goes legal here, that would mean a whole lot for federal legalization. Personally I don't think it will make it here. Too many people get paid here because of prohibition.

7. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

"While legalization may still be a bridge too far for many politicians, Perry’s is still a clear indication that there are now far fewer political consequences for backing marijuana decriminalization."

I give it ten years. All 50 states. Full recreational use.

And fuck Rick Perry. The current crop of politicians are all lying asshats.

8. ResinRubber

When Juggs start to vote conservative I bet he'll shake your hand. :roffl:

9. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Yea well, he'll never get my vote.