CYCO Platinum Series Nutrient Line With Canna Coco

Discussion in 'Nutrients/mediums/supplements' started by Discorilla, May 1, 2015.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Hello all,

At the Cannabis Cup in Denver, I was handed a box of nutrients to try out and put up a grow log of what I had found. I am still working out the details of what strain I am wanting to run, but the plants will all finish in 15 gallon smart pots.

I chose to run the Canna Coco, because it was going to be cheaper than me ordering the CYCO Coco or driving to the nearest retailer to get it. Canna Coco is a good Coco, so there should be no issues.

The List of Nutrients for the CYCO Platinum Series:

CYCO Potash

CYCO Swell

CYCO Grow A &B

CYCO Bloom A&B

CYCO B1 Boost

CYCO Zyme

CYCO Silica

CYCO Suga Rush

CYCO Dr Repair

CYCO Uptake

Bloom Booster

CYCO Supa Stiky

I'll post more about the individual nutrients once I get my strains selected for the test run! I am thinking my Jesus, Grape Ape, and Vortex.

2. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Have you ever run coco before? Canna coco was the best I tried. Be sure to pre-charge with a light Cal/mag feed and don't let the coco dry out. 15 gallons of coco will produce some huge plants. I'd run that size at 1 plant per 1k, veg 6 to 8 weeks and you should get atlest a unit, probably more. Honestly though 6 to 9 plants in 3 gallon containers will produce the same with less veg time.

3. Discorilla

I want the Grape Ape and Jesus in 15s for sure.

The Vortex may be better to run in a few 3-5 gallons.

4. JuggaloKing420

Well with the 15's, I'd go from 1 gallon for 2 weeks to 3 gallon for 2 weeks and then the 15's. For me, chow mix did better than straight coco, feed the same. Tea's work really well also.

How are you planning to water, by hand or drippers? If you veg right, the plants ending up in 3 gallons should be watered twice a day to around a 10% run off during flower. The big plants probably won't need more than once a day. The best growth rates I got from coco is when I watered more than once a day, kind of like e&f. The water sucks the oxygen down to the roots. I never give straight water to coco until the very end. I feed at lower ppms to avoid the salt build up and lockout.

5. Discorilla

I was planning on hand watering for this round. I don't know how long I'll be doing hydro, since I love my Recycled Super Soil. I wanna go big with this one, though.

It's the feeding schedule I am going to have to learn with this growstyle. With my Super Soil I feed maybe 3 times throughout flower. The plants are always hungry with Coco.

6. JuggaloKing420

Yea I feed with every watering. Like I said, 15 gallons will give you trees. I've never seen anyone go over 7 gallons with coco.There really isn't much of a need to. I've pulled a lb plant off a 7 gallon pot. Coco plants don't get root bound like soil plants do.

Here is a plant in a 3 gallon pot I pulled from a member of another forum. Just to give you an example of what coco can do.

[​IMG]

7. Discorilla

I've got a 4x6 area that I can use for each plant if need be. The Jesus will grow upwards instead of bushier, so I can train that one along an entire wall in VSCROG. It'd take up a 3x6x8 with training.

The Grape Ape would need a SCROG. and at least a 5x5 area or the 4x6.

8. Discorilla

Black Cherry Soda, Blue Sugar Cookies, and Headband are the selected strains for this run! They came in half gallon pots, so they'll be put into gallon pots and started on their feeding cycle. They are already about 12-15 inches tall.

9. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Disco I'm tuned in for this. I'm sort of annoyed/disenfranchised with the lines I'm seeing available on my shelves. I buy my nutrients locally because of the shipping costs, and everything local has some fatal flaw - a $300 NECESSARY "supplement" in one line for example.

:read2:

10. Discorilla

I have transplanted them and begun them at 80% feed. I won't be pushing them too hard unless they ask for it.

11. Discorilla

The Pro-kit starts at $180-200 and there is one that's needed for sure. It's $45 on top of the kit for a liter bottle of Supa Stiky which is their booster. Testers have said this is what can throw CYCO over the top of Canna, supposedly.

I received this for free, so I'm glad I have the opportunity to use something else and experiment. Organic has become set and grow for me now. I need something to get my brain going again!

12. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

$180-200 is for one liter bottles. Can't imagine the cost of a kit with one gallon jugs. People like FF would eat up a liter kit in no time....

13. Discorilla

Here is a photo after giving them some water after 2 feedings:

From left to right (Black Cherry Soda, Headband, Blue Sugar Cookies:

[​IMG]

14. Discorilla

Beginning of week 2:

[​IMG]

15. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

defin nice and green

16. Discorilla

Thanks Nippie! The Blue Sugar Cookies can be pushed a little harder, and Ca/Ma is a must I am finding. Jugg was right about charging it.

I just transplanted them into 2 gallon pots, and the roots were nice and healthy! I am liking CYCO so far. I think I'd like it better on a table, though.

17. JuggaloKing420

You're probably going to need to add Calmag with every feeding.

Don't be surprised if you have more red petioles than usual.

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Them be some healthy looking leaves. Nice and thick and rigid....40 Shades of growin'....

19. Discorilla

Day 16 since starting CYCO Nutrients in veg. HOLY SHIT!

Here is a day 16 vegetative photo three days after transplant:

[​IMG]

They have doubled in size since the last photo I took. Wowza!

20. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Going along nicely