changing 12/12 time

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by blah blah boy, Dec 13, 2010.

1. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Whats the rules on changing the 12hrs of light to another time of the day?

Instead of coming on at ** time I want it to come on at ## time.

Do I just do it and be done with it or do I ease the 1 hr difference with 15 min increments?

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Just do it.

3. Kaiser Puff

Kaiser Puff Full Flowering

Its like ripping a bandaid off, 1 short event of stress instead of prolonged stress, especially on just a 1 hour shift.

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

There has some been some debate in the past about making major light schedule changes. For example, now I'm ON from 8:00am -8:00pm, but I want it to come on at 8:00pm - 8:00am. That's a major change of 12 hours that will either cause the lights to need to be on or off for a full 24 hours to get on the new schedule.

The question is, do you leave the lights extended time ON until the next off time comes? Or do you leave the lights OFF, until the next on time comes?

My vote is for extending the dark time until next on time.

So in my example, the lights would normally turn off at 8:00 pm. Once they went off, I would leave the lights off for a full 24 hours until the next on time and turn them back on the new schedule at 8:00 pm the next day.

In a nut shell, in my opinion, any changes to the schedule should happen by extending the dark period during the change.

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

One time thing? I just do it and be done with it.

6. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Thanks guys :not-worthy:

I'll just rip it off in one short move. I wont even count to three. :mashed: