plant probs calcium def.

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by eLLisD, Oct 7, 2006.

1. eLLisD

eLLisD New Sprout

I have had a problem the past few days that I couldnt figure out. It was about my plants. some of them started to get yellow spots brownish maybe? Anyways after looking into this I have concluded that it is a calcium deficiency. I went to lowes today and behold I found some lime! someone on here told me a while ago to mix it with my soil but at the time I dont know what it was but I couldnt find it. Anyways I have some garden lime now and I diluted it with some water mixed it up w/e you want to call it and I sprayed my foliage. I just want to know will this help them recover or what should I do?? I'd hate to lose them now. And no I dont have anyway to test my ph yet either. I need to start remembering all this shit I need. I ALWAYS forget something!:5headache:

2. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

make a list and staple it to your forehead...you won't forget it...I promise...:evil4:

As for your foliar spray, what type of lime did you use? Dolomite lime is your best bet and only a teaspoon per quart. Hope you didn't make it too strong because you can overdo it. Also don't expect the affected leaves to get better...just expect the new growth to be problem free.

And all this is assuming that you definitely have a calcium deficiency. Got some photos?

3. eLLisD

eLLisD New Sprout

I dont think I made it too dtrong. zi Dont have any ohontos at the moment buthopefully I can gt some up asap.. aS ALWYS DUDE Y9UR HELP IS A[[RECIATED.@@:punk: