What do you do if you over fertilize?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by somebobyinsomeplace, Mar 20, 2006.

1. somebobyinsomeplace

somebobyinsomeplace Veggy Stage

This is my first grow and yesteray I was looking at my plants deciding if i should water them yet. I decided to wait anouther day. Later that day i looked at them and one was starting to wilt, so I water them. This morning the wilting had gone away and they looked good and healthy. Now I just looked and the same one that had been wilted yesterday is starting to wilt again. This time it looks kind of dented(if that makes any sense). I think I may have over fertilized and I am wondering what i should do. Here's some pics. HPIM1173.jpg

HPIM1174.jpg

2. dre86

dre86 Germinated

I flush the soil with lukewarm water..

3. Harryhood

Harryhood Guest

About the only thing you can do is flush with ph'd water and hope for the best!

Thank You,

Mr.Minor

4. Chief Smokingbud

Chief Smokingbud Hash Engineer

wilting is not a sign of over ferting. Wilting is a sign of too much water or not enough.

5. Sickness

Sickness Veggy Stage

I agree with Bud, if you over fert'd it would show as in " burn " marks.

If you watered them and they perked back up, I'd say they're underwatered.

Try giving them more water next time.

6. somebobyinsomeplace

Today when I got home I checked on them and noticed that there were small brown spots on the very tips of some of the leaves. Is this from over fert.? If so is it too late to flush them with water. If I still can then how much water should I use in relation to the pot size?

7. NJToker

NJToker Guest

Yes. Brown spots sounds like an overfert. Why do you think that you did overfert them? What dosages and when did you feed them?

To flush: Use 3-5 times the volume of the water as the size of the pot. I've read that a very diluted fert solution helps to release the trapped nuts in the soil. So I use a 10% solution with the first gallon or so, then use plain water.

The water should run clear from the pot when you are done.

Hope this helped.

8. somebobyinsomeplace

9. Chief Smokingbud

Chief Smokingbud Hash Engineer

If kick start is a fert it is a small amount of fert. It probably contains a growth hormone like super thrive. Brown tips aren't that bad in fact mine stay like that. As long as the brown spots don't continue up the leaf you'll be fine.